Zero2Cool
12 years ago
[quote=nerdmann;204033 The defense was what it was this year.

Wait, are you JUST SAYING ... it is what it is? What the fuck is next, you gonna announce the sky is blue and grass is green and water feels wet and circles are round? [duh]

I swear, we aim to be redundantly idiotic with the things that come out of our mouths. No wonder the Aliens come here, do dances in our crops and get the hell outta here before anyone gets a good view of them! [grin1]
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
12 years ago

I think it's as little more predictable than that. If it's a team the Packers really should destroy -- if it's a team most other opponents have destroyed convincingly -- the Packers will probably let them hang around most of the game. They have an odd tendency to beat their better opponents, though.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Too bad we didn't beat the Giants.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
evad04
12 years ago

This team can (and does) shit itself at any time in any venue. That's the problem, imo.

The defense was what it was this year. But they were pretty consistent. The defense will get fixed, but the psychology of this team will continue to be a problem.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Well, they didn't shit themselves last year when they were in playoff mode two weeks before the playoffs, then went on a three-game road streak in the playoffs, before winning the Super Bowl.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Well, they didn't shit themselves last year when they were in playoff mode two weeks before the playoffs, then went on a three-game road streak in the playoffs, before winning the Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

We had an elite D last year. It was #2. This year, #19.

And before any wise ass says "well, the Giants were #25," the Giants had an elite D once they got healthy. They had injury issues that got resolved before the Playoffs started. Once the Playoffs started, we got to see their D at its full strength and they were obviously elite.

D wins championships, with notable exceptions. Fix the D, and we're right back in the hunt in 2012.

Dave - Note that I'm not calling you a wise ass. I'm preparing for a wise ass comment in advance.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

And before any wise ass says ......
I'm preparing for a wise ass comment in advance.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Do I go out of my way to piss in YOUR Cheerios? Damn bro!!!

As myself and many others have said, it matters most who's the best finishing the season, than any rankings. We've seen that the last two years now. Although, the Packers did have the 2nd ranked POINTS AGAINST ranking. That's not defensive rank because it includes ALL scoring, even if Special Teams scores or Offense gives up a fumble for TD or pick six... so really, the #2 ranking could be higher??
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Do I go out of my way to piss in YOUR Cheerios? Damn bro!!!

As myself and many others have said, it matters most who's the best finishing the season, than any rankings. We've seen that the last two years now. Although, the Packers did have the 2nd ranked POINTS AGAINST ranking. That's not defensive rank because it includes ALL scoring, even if Special Teams scores or Offense gives up a fumble for TD or pick six... so really, the #2 ranking could be higher??

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Before we won the SB last year, I posted every single SB winner and their D rankings. Almost every single SB winner had a top 6 ranking. The Steelers, who we went on to beat, was #1. We were #2.

The Giants, had they been healthy the entire year, would have been top 5. Easily.

Yes, I know it includes ALL scoring but ST scoring and offenses giving up fumbles for TDs or pick sixes area are a wash because with all teams, there really isn't that much of a significant difference in the numbers.

Now, your site's search mechanism sucks. If I can find the thread, I'd bump it. But I'm at work and I'm pretty busy and don't have time to look for it.

But like I said, the list showed that the vast majority of SB winners had a top 6 D. I compiled this list after losing an argument with RaiderPride about Ds winning championships. Remember all that?

Unlike a lot of people, I can admit when I'm wrong.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
macbob
12 years ago

They have an odd tendency to beat their better opponents, though.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Maybe that's the problem--we need higher quality opponents in the playoffs...
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
12 years ago

Maybe the Packers should only play the Seahawks at home in the playoffs??

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This. Obviously this is the only long-term solution to the issue.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Before we won the SB last year, I posted every single SB winner and their D rankings. Almost every single SB winner had a top 6 ranking. The Steelers, who we went on to beat, was #1. We were #2.

The Giants, had they been healthy the entire year, would have been top 5. Easily.

Yes, I know it includes ALL scoring but ST scoring and offenses giving up fumbles for TDs or pick sixes area are a wash because with all teams, there really isn't that much of a significant difference in the numbers.

Now, your site's search mechanism sucks. If I can find the thread, I'd bump it. But I'm at work and I'm pretty busy and don't have time to look for it.

But like I said, the list showed that the vast majority of SB winners had a top 6 D. I compiled this list after losing an argument with RaiderPride about Ds winning championships. Remember all that?

Unlike a lot of people, I can admit when I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I'm not sure why the long winded response trailing into a point I wasn't disputing. What I said was the points against ranking, is not a defensive stat and stated why. You now claim the points against is a wash for all teams. I'm not necessarily saying that's wrong, but would you provide the source that supports that? Let me use the search to see what happened the last time you sourced something - link . Search works fine, go fuck yourself!! [grin1]

Points Against, is just that, the overall points the TEAM gave up, not a ranking for defense. Again, I would side with your position that if JUST defensive points given up were tallied, we wouldn't see much difference in the points against rankings vs defensive points given up rankings.

Trying to equal your long winded response ... I'm with you that the less points you give up, the more your odds increase to win the 7lb shiny trophy.

Okay, long winded response is just going to get submitted now.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
I said it before the loss and I will say it again. The Hudson Center is a contributing factor. You can't simple open the doors and let the wind blow through or stick the footballs in the freezer to get the feel for what it is going to be like come game day.
The Nitschke practice field has the same turf as Lambeau. Get on it and run your plays every day. As some one mentioned the football is going to feel differently in the colder weather they need to be prepared for it.
Hudson opened in 94. They were still winning playoff games in the 90's because Holmgren took then outside for several practices a week even after the facility was built.
Now there practices have turned them into little more than a domed team.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (19h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra