cheeseheads123
12 years ago

This may not be right place for this topic but i thought it was a must see. It definitely puts a different view on things. Well at least it did for me.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Perfect place for it seeing as he's not a Packer player but it is related to the NFL.

It is pretty sad what happened, but then again, we all make our choices in life and we all must deal with the consequences. He had an opportunity millions would have loved to have and he fucked it up.
UserPostedImage
dingus
12 years ago
Don't recall hearing that he's been cut from the team, don't think they can cut him until his indefinite suspension is lifted.

Drug addiction is something that goes beyond "making a choice" for lots of people in this world. When you're raised in a situation like his, with no support and only a couple of addicts as "role models" I'm somewhat surprised he made it as far as he did. I like how Aaron questioned the suspension being detrimental to Johnny's chances at recovery and agreed with him wholeheartedly back when he made the comments.
blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Don't recall hearing that he's been cut from the team, don't think they can cut him until his indefinite suspension is lifted.

Drug addiction is something that goes beyond "making a choice" for lots of people in this world. When you're raised in a situation like his, with no support and only a couple of addicts as "role models" I'm somewhat surprised he made it as far as he did. I like how Aaron questioned the suspension being detrimental to Johnny's chances at recovery and agreed with him wholeheartedly back when he made the comments.

Originally Posted by: dingus 

If Johnny Jolly were to be reinstated, then and only then do the Packers need to cut him. He's not in the NFL, therefore he's not really able to be cut, from my understanding.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
That video does hurt the soul.

He had a good time while doing his drugs.

Sometimes you pay for that shit. It was his time, he got caught. He pays more than most, relatively speaking, at least regarding where he could be, vs. where he is.

Seems fair. Possibly some piece of a cautionary tale for someone, but I kind of doubt that.

Still fair, imo

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, back-ground be damned. Right is right, wrong is wrong, and it really isn't all that hard for anyone to figure out.

Again, imo

dingus
12 years ago
Yet another victimless crime.

Did he run someone over while sippin his syrup?

Did he sell it to minors? I'm aware that he was charged with intent to distribute and had 600 grams on him. A big fella like that could easily use 22 oz. of syrup personally, that's just a couple of bottles of prescription cough syrup. I call bullshit on that charge.

Archaic drug laws that allow (and encourage) the out & out abuse of alcohol, a hugely dangerous DRUG that causes as much or more death and destruction then the illegal ones.

blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Yet another victimless crime.

Did he run someone over while sippin his syrup?

Originally Posted by: dingus 

No, but he was driving with it in his vehicle. You don't wait for a tragedy to punish someone. His punishment from the law was minor. His banishment from the NFL was swift and harsh.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
I feel for Jolly.

The laws are the laws. They are. We build our society around the law. In spite of the flaws, it works pretty darn good.

Obey the law and get left alone. It isn't that awful to do.

Just do the right thing, and chances are quite decent you will not lose your friggin' job or go to jail.

Keep the liberal stuff, I hear ya on that too, so don't go there, Pinko

lol- not directed at anyone at all, just pre-emptively saying I'm not arguing this one.

dingus
12 years ago

I feel for Jolly.

The laws are the laws. They are. We build our society around the law. In spite of the flaws, it works pretty darn good For Some.

Obey the law and get left alone. It isn't that awful to do.

Just do the right thing, and chances are quite decent you will not lose your friggin' job or go to jail.

Keep the liberal stuff, I hear ya on that too, so don't go there, Pinko

lol- not directed at anyone at all, just pre-emptively saying I'm not arguing this one.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Fixed. 😇
blank
evad04
12 years ago

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, back-ground be damned. Right is right, wrong is wrong, and it really isn't all that hard for anyone to figure out.

Again, imo

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

You don't have to argue this one but I take issue with this part.

First, and I want to make this abundantly clear: the choice to take illegal drugs falls on the individual. That's unassailable. You can choose to snort the white stuff, or inject the whatever colored stuff, or pack a bowl of the green stuff. Hell, even slug down the fizzy yellow stuff or the 40% ABV stuff.

That said, the data would point to particular communities, like the poor one Jolly comes from, as having an acutely more difficult time with drugs. This isn't looking at it at an individual level -- this is dropping back and looking at the numbers at a macro level. Drug addiction affects poor black communities at a disproportionately higher level than a lot of other communities. This doesn't excuse Jolly's actions. But we're not talking about white-collar cocaine use.

Drug addiction is tragic. It starts with a series of bad choices, and ends in some irrational physical and psychological dependancy that makes otherwise "normal" people go to extreme lengths to get their high.

I for one feel awful about Jolly. You can see his pain in the video. He needs help. The millions he could make be damned. He made a wrong turn and is paying the consequences for it.

In the same way that I wish Nick Collins can live a healthy life, I hope Johnny can conquer his demons.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (41m) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (1h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (2h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (6h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (6h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (9h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (9h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.