zombieslayer
12 years ago
Pack93z has made some good arguments that da Bears overachieved and the Lions could take 2nd place. Good stuff. I may change my opinion about da Bears vs the Lions.

I'll stick to that last place team having an 0-6 division record though. Sorry Formo.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Formo
12 years ago
Before I go off-topic: The Lions are the only NFC North team I'll ever pull for in any way, shape or form. Suh is a beast who is becoming one of my favorite current NFL players, and I love what they are doing with their defense. If they can keep opposing defenders off Stafford's ass (his injuries are more to blame on his OL than his toughness), the Lions will definitely be in the NFC North title mix.

Pack93z has made some good arguments that da Bears overachieved and the Lions could take 2nd place. Good stuff. I may change my opinion about da Bears vs the Lions.

I'll stick to that last place team having an 0-6 division record though. Sorry Formo.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

That's cool. Keep doubting them. =)

The more you keep saying that, the more inflated not only your ego gets, but the more your fellow cheesehead ego's get. It'll make the crash to reality that much sweeter when the 'rebuilding' Vikes bury their collective helmets into the Pukers' backs.

I know it's early and all that. But I'm willing to put my sig/avatar up to y'alls choice for the week following each of the Vikings/Packers games. Of course, that would require you guys to have the balls to actually follow through with said bet. 😛
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Dexter_Sinister
12 years ago

Before I go off-topic: The Lions are the only NFC North team I'll ever pull for in any way, shape or form. Suh is a beast who is becoming one of my favorite current NFL players, and I love what they are doing with their defense. If they can keep opposing defenders off Stafford's ass (his injuries are more to blame on his OL than his toughness), the Lions will definitely be in the NFC North title mix.

The more you keep saying that, the more inflated not only your ego gets, but the more your fellow cheesehead ego's get. It'll make the crash to reality that much sweeter when the 'rebuilding' Vikes bury their collective helmets into the Pukers' backs.

I know it's early and all that. But I'm willing to put my sig/avatar up to y'alls choice for the week following each of the Vikings/Packers games. Of course, that would require you guys to have the balls to actually follow through with said bet. =P

Originally Posted by: Formo 

Well, I have to bow to the master. Only a Viking fan knows soul crushing defeat in the face of hope that intimately.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I would be delighted to see the Lions in second place this year, because that would virtually guarantee that neither the Bears nor the Vikings will be in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

The Vikings will guarantee that the Vikings won't be in the Playoffs this year. No need for the Lions to do that.

As for da Bears, they're unpredictable. They overachieved last year. They could do it again. Or they could end up 6-10. Betting money on them would be pure gambling - no logic whatsoever.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

I know it's early and all that. But I'm willing to put my sig/avatar up to y'alls choice for the week following each of the Vikings/Packers games. Of course, that would require you guys to have the balls to actually follow through with said bet. =P

Speaking of which, my cheesehead will look good on you but it will have to be next year. Mia gets an MRI and her port out so I will be down there in Rochester that week, but have to get the family back instead of the privilege of enjoying abusing you all afternoon.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Formo - 2009, you SHOULD have won the SB. I think using Occam's Razor, the only logical reason you didn't is because God hates the Vikings.

Since then, your OL has aged badly. So has your DL. You have no QB. Your DBs are mediocre. You lost your #1 WR and as much as I love Percy Harvin, he can't carry the team. I still stand by saying AP is the best RB in the NFL but that's not good enough. You've probably read my articles on how the best RB in the NFL != success in the NFL.

You're rebuilding. We'll hit you when you're down. 2013 or 2014 might be an entirely different matter. It depends on how well you rebuild. A smart rebuilding team doesn't stay down for long.

Good luck. Seriously. I actually like it when the NFC North is the toughest division. Good opponents toughen you up.

As for the bet, already made a bet with VR.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

As for the bet, already made a bet with VR.

Yeah but not really a man bet. Kind of limp wristed, elitist, I would consider a gay or a woman bet. Formo's all about bringing the pain, which is something I really like about the guy. My boy Formo, picks the absolute worst teams to root for and sticks with them. I don't know if he's as dumb as mud fence or just a righteous, loyal man.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Yeah but not really a man bet. Kind of limp wristed, elitist, I would consider a gay or a woman bet. Formo's all about bringing the pain, which is something I really like about the guy. My boy Formo, picks the absolute worst teams to root for and sticks with them. I don't know if he's as dumb as mud fence or just a righteous, loyal man.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

He's the latter. Formo is good people. I like him.

Ever see the movie Idiocracy? You could have a part in that movie playing yourself.

See, Vikesrule and I are cultured beings. I understand that culture comes across as gay or feminine to you. I don't take that as an insult as I understand where it comes from.

I think Vikesrule may be right - North Dakota's not a very cultured place.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

I think you'd be very surprised at the sophistication of our culture. Of course our beautiful communities are flooded with Government welfare that we use to improve things instead of shooting it in our veins. Swing by sometime and hang out!

This just in - Vikesrule is a dumbass who's sole mission on this forum is to mess with me. In turn I reflect that upon a select few of you. Good times, amigo! And I have never used that word amigo in my life. A piece of you I'll carry with me.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

It is not as much as about culture as it is about the aesthetics of the bet.

There is a place for a fine slab of beef or a vase of aged liquor.. but neither are under a hefty price tag for a name or convenience.

IMO.. there lies the issue with that bet.. it is more about stinging in the wallet than stinging in the fan hood. (For the record, I will enjoy watching the bet play out.. albeit disappointed that it lacks any personal humiliation aspect, lol.)

About once a month I grill a fine piece of steak.. filet, ribeye or porter.. but none come from a frozen box with an overpriced sticker.

Sure that is not practical for some in their surroundings, but here there are still many that don't take advantage of their surroundings and enjoy the fruits of their labor without coughing up a small fortune.

If that is the lack of culture in which you speak.. so be it.

But whom really is lacking what in the situation? ;)

I quit the hard liquor years ago.. but one thing I can attest.. you can find fine tasting elixir for a fairer price than some of the top shelf brands out there. A properly aged wine, well those are harder to come across.. but the same doesn't hold true for liquor in my experience.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
54m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.