dhazer
12 years ago
Steve bite me, I am saying it bothers me that the whole team isn't getting together. So this doesn't bother you at all? Just think you could have the rookies come in and you can go thru the basic plays or even go thru alot of the playbook with them. I am sure it won't change that much. But your right I am a drama queen and actually have been very busy that I haven't had alot of time to come on here. You see Drew Brees getting the full team together and also the rookies going thru drills and running plays so they aren't behind. But your right why worry about it I mean we won every single game last year and everyone will just forfeit to us this year so why take that extra step.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be πŸ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
12 years ago
I'm very much with zero and porky on this one. Great posts, guys. I think Rodgers learned quite a bit from Favre, though we will probably never know just how much. The popular image of Favre is that he was just a seat-of-the-pants type of QB--just going out there and winging it. The truth is much more complicated. In his later years, he resisted the off-season work, but he was all business during the season. The guy knew how to prepare for games and how to break down defenses. Rodgers would've been stupid not to soak all of that in while he was the backup QB.
blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Steve bite me, I am saying it bothers me that the whole team isn't getting together. So this doesn't bother you at all? Just think you could have the rookies come in and you can go thru the basic plays or even go thru alot of the playbook with them. I am sure it won't change that much. But your right I am a drama queen and actually have been very busy that I haven't had alot of time to come on here. You see Drew Brees getting the full team together and also the rookies going thru drills and running plays so they aren't behind. But your right why worry about it I mean we won every single game last year and everyone will just forfeit to us this year so why take that extra step.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Yep, the Packers should gather up and get practicing together (risking injury) so they can maintain their fast starts they are so widely known for ... wait a second ...
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I'm very much with zero and porky on this one. Great posts, guys. I think Rodgers learned quite a bit from Favre, though we will probably never know just how much. The popular image of Favre is that he was just a seat-of-the-pants type of QB--just going out there and winging it. The truth is much more complicated. In his later years, he resisted the off-season work, but he was all business during the season. The guy knew how to prepare for games and how to break down defenses. Rodgers would've been stupid not to soak all of that in while he was the backup QB.

Originally Posted by: Greg C. 

Exactly. I would have given you the thanks but Zero beat you to it. Aaron would have been a fool to not learn from Brett's '07 campaign. Besides the Giants game where Brett had one of his classic meltdowns, Brett played a near perfect season. It was brilliant, and the ONLY reason he didn't get the MVP is that a guy named Tom Brady had the best QB regular season ever.

Brett comes across as a dummy, but he knows his stuff. He's got football smarts and if you watch Aaron, he's taken the time to read Ds like Brett does. The beauty of Aaron is that he doesn't do the meltdowns that Brett does.

Zero mentioned that sensationalism sells more stories. Couldn't agree more. Were they buddy/buddy? Probably not. But I think the whole cold shoulder thing was exaggerated.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
porky88
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Drew Brees and the Saints are doing it for the cameras. They want to make the public perceive that they're ready for work. Player workouts are more about the media than the team. Any team that gets together without coaching is making zero progress. I can't imagine any of these practices having much of a structure to do them. They obviously can't implement anything new because they don't know it yet.

You worries are greatly exaggerated because the Saints are no further along than the Packers are or anyone else is right now. Don’t buy into the shenanigans.
Cheesey
12 years ago
I think Rodgers was best served by not being "thrown into the fire". He had time to sit in the QB meetings, watch film, and learn that way. I don't think it was Favre "teaching" him. It was him soaking in all that was going on during the whole process.
So he learned in spite of how Favre treated him. That's how i see it, at least.
In a way, it was good, as he didn't learn Favre's bad habits. He could see what BF did, what worked, and what didn't. Alex Smith of the 49er's didn't have that kind of chance, and i think it cost him greatly.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

Perhaps Favre didn't know, though I doubt that. I’m confident Rodgers took it upon himself to pick much of this up, but people are kidding themselves if they think nothing was learned.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Exactly what I was going to say.. even in the most confrontational relationship (which I don't believe that was the case until 07' or 08').. one can't help but to learn from those around them.

There is no way that Rodgers didn't learn a great deal from Brett.. and I am not giving Brett the credit here, but you see Aaron's teammates embrace Aaron as teammates embraced Brett.. true respect.

Few QB's in my opinion accomplish that.. the great ones do. 

I find it telling that we have had two back to back QB's that have earned that respect the way those two have..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Exactly what I was going to say.. even in the most confrontational relationship (which I don't believe that was the case until 07' or 08').. one can't help but to learn from those around them.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

](*,) 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣
UserPostedImage
hellentrybuck
12 years ago
πŸ€” it seems like that
Pack93z
12 years ago

Brett wasn't shy about saying that Aaron (or any backup) has a position coach and its their job to coach and it's his job to play.

(side thought, Brett said that, yet later told Greta Van Sustern how pissed off he was for Ted not acquiring players he wanted, weird, he didn't want to overstep being a player to help a player, but was okay with overstepping his boundaries as a player trying to be GM??... i digress)

Aaron said he learned a lot from Brett, how to read defenses, how to be a leader, things like that. Brett and Aaron grew closer than the media wants to admit during the final year or so that Brett was with the Packers. Thing is, no one wants to hear about that, everyone wants to hear how Brett gave Aaron the cold shoulder and Aaron succeeded regardless. Why? because it makes a BETTER story!

Aaron said this on ESPN radio to I think Jason Wilde or Homer, I can't recall which.

Aaron knows why he's being asked about Brett and wants to distance himself from it so expect more terse type answers from him that involve Brett. He's moved on and wants the rest of us to do the same. Basically, he wants to be known as Aaron Rodgers, the Packers QB, not the guy who replaced Brett Favre. Once you think about that and understand it, you'll understand the dynamics of his answers regarding Brett that much more.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Okay... giving Zero his due so it stops popping his head. πŸ˜‰
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (12h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (12h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (12h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (13h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (15h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (20h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (20h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: β€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.