istanbulpacker
12 years ago
Here's a link to an Acme Packing Co. article about young QB's learning from veterans. Be sure to open up the full article and not just the summary.
How Much Did Aaron learn from Brett 

The impression that I always got was that BF gave Aaron Rodgers the cold shoulder and didn't do much to help him. This article seems to verify that. Furthermore, check out the Super Bowl DVD where Michael Irvin is interviewing A-Rod in the extras.

[Loosely transcribed from my memory]
MI: "Tell me some of the wonderful knowledge that you must have received from Brett Favre."

AR: (awkward pause) "Um, yeah, it was there."

blank
Jon305
12 years ago
what not to do
blank
Stevetarded
12 years ago
It also gets tiring to hear about how Aaron got to watch an all time great QB for 3 years. As if nobody actually watched what Brett did those years, they weren't exactly great. By the time Brett did anything great in those 3 years Aaron was arguably already ready to go. It's not like Brett had this tremendous off season work ethic for Aaron to learn from either.
blank
go.pack.go.
12 years ago
I seriously doubt that Aaron learned much from Brett. From what I've heard, Brett didn't seem interested in helping him out.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
12 years ago

what not to do

Originally Posted by: Jon305 

Both on an off the field. And in the locker room.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I seriously doubt that Aaron learned much from Brett. From what I've heard, Brett didn't seem interested in helping him out.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Brett wasn't shy about saying that Aaron (or any backup) has a position coach and its their job to coach and it's his job to play.

(side thought, Brett said that, yet later told Greta Van Sustern how pissed off he was for Ted not acquiring players he wanted, weird, he didn't want to overstep being a player to help a player, but was okay with overstepping his boundaries as a player trying to be GM??... i digress)

Aaron said he learned a lot from Brett, how to read defenses, how to be a leader, things like that. Brett and Aaron grew closer than the media wants to admit during the final year or so that Brett was with the Packers. Thing is, no one wants to hear about that, everyone wants to hear how Brett gave Aaron the cold shoulder and Aaron succeeded regardless. Why? because it makes a BETTER story!

Aaron said this on ESPN radio to I think Jason Wilde or Homer, I can't recall which.

Aaron knows why he's being asked about Brett and wants to distance himself from it so expect more terse type answers from him that involve Brett. He's moved on and wants the rest of us to do the same. Basically, he wants to be known as Aaron Rodgers, the Packers QB, not the guy who replaced Brett Favre. Once you think about that and understand it, you'll understand the dynamics of his answers regarding Brett that much more.
UserPostedImage
Jon305
12 years ago

Brett wasn't shy about saying that Aaron (or any backup) has a position coach and its their job to coach and it's his job to play.

(side thought, Brett said that, yet later told Greta Van Sustern how pissed off he was for Ted not acquiring players he wanted, weird, he didn't want to overstep being a player to help a player, but was okay with overstepping his boundaries as a player trying to be GM??... i digress)

Aaron said he learned a lot from Brett, how to read defenses, how to be a leader, things like that. Brett and Aaron grew closer than the media wants to admit during the final year or so that Brett was with the Packers. Thing is, no one wants to hear about that, everyone wants to hear how Brett gave Aaron the cold shoulder and Aaron succeeded regardless. Why? because it makes a BETTER story!

Aaron said this on ESPN radio to I think Jason Wilde or Homer, I can't recall which.

Aaron knows why he's being asked about Brett and wants to distance himself from it so expect more terse type answers from him that involve Brett. He's moved on and wants the rest of us to do the same. Basically, he wants to be known as Aaron Rodgers, the Packers QB, not the guy who replaced Brett Favre. Once you think about that and understand it, you'll understand the dynamics of his answers regarding Brett that much more.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

UserPostedImage

blank
porky88
12 years ago
I would not discredit learning how to prepare for a football game. A lot of work goes into any NFL game. Rodgers learned and observed Favre that way. He also got to practice with Favre and that definitely made him better. You surround yourself with great talent and the competitor in you is going to come out. There is no doubt that in my mind Rodgers was competing with Favre, even though there wasn’t any sort of competition. Rodgers was simply making himself a better player on and off the field.

Perhaps Favre didn't know, though I doubt that. I’m confident Rodgers took it upon himself to pick much of this up, but people are kidding themselves if they think nothing was learned.
dhazer
12 years ago

It also gets tiring to hear about how Aaron got to watch an all time great QB for 3 years. As if nobody actually watched what Brett did those years, they weren't exactly great. By the time Brett did anything great in those 3 years Aaron was arguably already ready to go. It's not like Brett had this tremendous off season work ethic for Aaron to learn from either.

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded 

Or did he learn the bolded part?

Packers | Aaron Rodgers feels no workouts necessary

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 07:07:49 -0700

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers doesn't have any problem heading into the 2011 season as the team defends their Super Bowl championship without having had any player-run practices. Rodgers made it clear it's not an issue for him, his coach or his teammates.

I am not liking this crap, sounding like the Egos of the Super Bowl is getting to them. So now they are so great they don't need this workout stuff. He better hope they have a good season or some people will tear them apart for not getting together like the majority of the rest of the teams.

Look at Drew Brees working with the wrs and basically running a full camp and we get oh we don't need that this team is great and we can beat anyone.

I am not trying to be a hater but what does it sound like to everyone else.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
12 years ago

Or did he learn the bolded part?

Packers | Aaron Rodgers feels no workouts necessary

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 07:07:49 -0700

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers doesn't have any problem heading into the 2011 season as the team defends their Super Bowl championship without having had any player-run practices. Rodgers made it clear it's not an issue for him, his coach or his teammates.

I am not liking this crap, sounding like the Egos of the Super Bowl is getting to them. So now they are so great they don't need this workout stuff. He better hope they have a good season or some people will tear them apart for not getting together like the majority of the rest of the teams.

Look at Drew Brees working with the wrs and basically running a full camp and we get oh we don't need that this team is great and we can beat anyone.

I am not trying to be a hater but what does it sound like to everyone else.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/aaron_rodgers_and_bros_crazy_workout_routine/5116216 

He also said he has lost something like 10 lbs this summer. I doubt he did that by sitting on his tractor. If the coaches and the teammates don't care very much about getting together for some informal practices then why should they?

There's plenty of stories out there of the players working out but somehow that means they think they are so great they don't need to work out? What sense does that make?

If people want to criticize them if they struggle that's fine but you can bet that if they have a great season people like you will disappear once again only to show back up a couple times a year if you have something to complain about. You are seriously the biggest drama queen i've ever seen.
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (3h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (5h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (21h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (21h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (21h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (22h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.