blueleopard
13 years ago
Craig Nall has never thrown a pick? Damn.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
go.pack.go.
13 years ago

Flynn did more than Rodgers did.

"Porforis" wrote:

As for gbpfan's comment, Flynn is not a good QB. Not to say that he never will be a good QB, but I've yet to see good, consistent play from him.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Probably because this is the first time he has seen extensive playing time with the starters. Kind of hard to be consistent when you've only ever played roughly 2 or 3 quarters total in your career.

"Porforis" wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/players/craignall/profile?id=NAL385627 

^ Good backup.

I understand how valuable practicing and playing with starters can be, but as a backup you're still expected to come in and do what you can to help you team win. While Flynn did move the ball, he did make a critical mistake that cost our team the game. Saying "well, he's just a backup" or making other excuses for him kind of enrages me. I don't expect him to be perfect, or even average, but Flynn has yet to show me ANYTHING besides a few flashes here and there.

Good backups come off the bench, make a few mistakes, but ultimately score some points and put their team in a position to win.

Now, if you want to start arguing about how any backup could be expected to perform behind this O Line, I'll give you that. But as a general rule of thumb, you have to expect your backups to be able to be at least workable off the bench.

"nerdmann" wrote:

I do agree with you. I just don't think we've seen enough of Flynn to say he's bad...
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

Flynn did more than Rodgers did.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

As for gbpfan's comment, Flynn is not a good QB. Not to say that he never will be a good QB, but I've yet to see good, consistent play from him.

"Porforis" wrote:

Probably because this is the first time he has seen extensive playing time with the starters. Kind of hard to be consistent when you've only ever played roughly 2 or 3 quarters total in your career.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/players/craignall/profile?id=NAL385627 

^ Good backup.

I understand how valuable practicing and playing with starters can be, but as a backup you're still expected to come in and do what you can to help you team win. While Flynn did move the ball, he did make a critical mistake that cost our team the game. Saying "well, he's just a backup" or making other excuses for him kind of enrages me. I don't expect him to be perfect, or even average, but Flynn has yet to show me ANYTHING besides a few flashes here and there.

Good backups come off the bench, make a few mistakes, but ultimately score some points and put their team in a position to win.

Now, if you want to start arguing about how any backup could be expected to perform behind this O Line, I'll give you that. But as a general rule of thumb, you have to expect your backups to be able to be at least workable off the bench.

"Porforis" wrote:

I do agree with you. I just don't think we've seen enough of Flynn to say he's bad...

"nerdmann" wrote:

We've seen enough of him to say he's been bad or at least not good from what we've seen. That fair enough? :P

That being said, how many more games does he need to play in before we know what stuff he has?
rabidgopher04
13 years ago

Craig Nall has never thrown a pick? Damn.

"blueleopard" wrote:

Craig Nall was pretty good, at least in preseason. I don't remember the situation in which he played in 2004 (was that when Favre had a concussion and threw a TD on the next play?), but he definitely was able to come off the bench and play well.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Detroit Lions 3 - 10.
Green Bay Packers 8 - 5.

So, if the Packers (minus Aaron) are the Lions, does that mean Aaron gives us 5 wins? If true, that puts him in a short list of QB's that give his team 5 wins.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
13 years ago
To Porforis: I don't want to quote all of that because I'm on my iPod. But yes, I'll give you that I guess.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
13 years ago
Hey Porforis before you write Flynn off go and look at Rodgers stats the 1st 3 years he played. Here I will help you

2005 : 9 of 16 for 65 yards 0 tds , 1 int 3 sacks and 2 fumbles lost
2006 : 6 of 15 for 46 yards 0 tds , 0 int 3 sacks and 1 fumble lost
2007 : 20 of 28 for for 218 yards 1 td 0 int 3 sacks and 0 fumbles

totals= 35 of 59 for 329 1 td 1 int 9 sacks 3 fumbles

now Matt Flynns first 3 years until now

2008 : 2 of 5 for 5 yards 0 tds 0 ints 0 fumbles
2009 : 7 of 12 for 58 yards 0 tds and 1 int 1 sack 0 fumbles
2010 : 16 of 29 for 182 yards 0 tds and 1 int and 2 sacks 0 fumbles

total 25 of 46 for 245 0 tds 2 ints 3 sacks and 0 fumbles

If you look at those stats I would say Flynn is ahead of Rodgers, he has 2 less turnovers and 6 less sacks granted Rodgers had the 1 td and more yards.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

Hey Porforis before you write Flynn off go and look at Rodgers stats the 1st 3 years he played. Here I will help you

2005 : 9 of 16 for 65 yards 0 tds , 1 int 3 sacks and 2 fumbles lost
2006 : 6 of 15 for 46 yards 0 tds , 0 int 3 sacks and 1 fumble lost
2007 : 20 of 28 for for 218 yards 1 td 0 int 3 sacks and 0 fumbles

totals= 35 of 59 for 329 1 td 1 int 9 sacks 3 fumbles

now Matt Flynns first 3 years until now

2008 : 2 of 5 for 5 yards 0 tds 0 ints 0 fumbles
2009 : 7 of 12 for 58 yards 0 tds and 1 int 1 sack 0 fumbles
2010 : 16 of 29 for 182 yards 0 tds and 1 int and 2 sacks 0 fumbles

total 25 of 46 for 245 0 tds 2 ints 3 sacks and 0 fumbles

If you look at those stats I would say Flynn is ahead of Rodgers, he has 2 less turnovers and 6 less sacks granted Rodgers had the 1 td and more yards.

"dhazer" wrote:

I'm more concerned about that third year, to be honest. Again, I would be happy to chalk it up to O Line play.

Regardless, if we put Flynn in the game tomorrow, are we doing so to lose and take it easy, or are we doing it with every intention of winning? If Flynn starts after a week of practice with the starters and is his same old same old, I stand by my previous statements. If he plays alright and at least puts the team in position to win, then he's shown that flash that's been missing.
Pack93z
13 years ago

Regardless, if we put Flynn in the game tomorrow, are we doing so to lose and take it easy, or are we doing it with every intention of winning? If Flynn starts after a week of practice with the starters and is his same old same old, I stand by my previous statements. If he plays alright and at least puts the team in position to win, then he's shown that flash that's been missing.

"Porforis " wrote:

Well then hopefully Flynn isn't QBing tomorrow against the Pats. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
macbob
13 years ago

That being said, how many more games does he need to play in before we know what stuff he has?

"Porforis" wrote:

IMO, one more. Given how many reps the backup QB gets, IMO it's a little bit unrealistic to expect much better performance than what we got Sun.

Personally, I'll evaluate after he has had a week of increased reps with the #1 offense to get in synch with his receivers, timing-wise; with the offense game-planned/tweaked based on his strengths.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (32m) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (4h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (4h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (21h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (22h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.