dfosterf
14 years ago

Bedard:

McCarthy was shocked to hear the guy got fired. Knowing McCarthy, he likely wanted the guy's name so he could approach/talk to him.

"wils0646" wrote:

I say complete and unadulterated bullshit.

Why waste the time / energy / reputation / etc. defending himself and his actions without then just simply stating that there was no intent to get the guy shit-canned?

Why is he not back on the payroll if Mike was/is shocked to hear that he got fired over it?

It's bullshit, I'm telling you---

Fellow employee....

WTF is that?

Jesus.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago
I'm surprised that people here are duped by pretty bad journalism...

Let's see... they guy who got fired says he only made a comment, totally neglecting to mention McCarthy made a return comment.
Mike McCarthy reveals more of the story, including the part that Wood left to mention.

Bedard tweets that knowing MM, he got the name to probably talk to the guy later on.

And Mike McCarthy is now the villain? Wow.

Hate the coach for his bad coaching if you want to. But for the love of all that is right in the world, don't hate the coach because of what one person says.

For the record: can anyone actually corroborate Wood worked so long for the Pack from other than Wood's words?
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Why is he not back on the payroll if Mike was/is shocked to hear that he got fired over it?

It's bullshit, I'm telling you---

Fellow employee....

"dfosterf" wrote:

Look at it this way:

1) Mike McCarthy hears about Mike Wood's firing today. You want him to leave focusing on a hell of an important game this Sunday to deal with logistical matters?

2) Who is to say Mike McCarthy hasn't/won't spoken/speak with someone to say he doesn't think firing Wood is the best course of direction here?

3) Mike McCarthy himself in no way has authority to make decisions on which workers to hire and fire; Mike himself has to go through certain avenues. Being pissed off here if you feel the guy was wronged is warranted, but being so pissed off about nothing being done yet, especially by MM, is bull.
Pack93z
14 years ago
I will agree with the bad journalism comment.. but the fact remains.. this is getting a lot of pub already.. do a google search on Mike Wood, Packer employee.. every two bit site is running the story..

An as of current, it doesn't appear favorable on Mike McCarthy or the Packers.. as a stockholder and fan, I am disappointed that this franchise continually is being pulled through the weeds of the media.. by our own doing.. apparently Ari is a piss poor consultant..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

For all we know this guy did say something out of line but we are already mad at McCarthy so we are going to assume he is telling the truth and it's McCarthy's fault.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Quoted for Truth.

Nice to see some take a critical approach to this matter. :magnifyglass:
RaiderPride
14 years ago
I have personally seen long time employees become bitter, complaining, cancers, after 22 years on the job.

Especially in union jobs....

Union or non union, this guys facts/story does not add up.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

I will agree with the bad journalism comment.. but the fact remains.. this is getting a lot of pub already.. do a google search on Mike Wood, Packer employee.. every two bit site is running the story..

"pack93z" wrote:

That's not terrible in this day and age of mass information dissemination. It looks pretty bad solely from Wood's words, but clearly Wood didn't reveal the entire story. I do agree the Packers need to be more transparent about this matter.

An as of current, it doesn't appear favorable on Mike McCarthy or the Packers.. as a stockholder and fan, I am disappointed that this franchise continually is being pulled through the weeds of the media.. by our own doing.. apparently Ari is a piss poor consultant..

"pack93z" wrote:

It may not appear favourable on the Packers, but I cannot see how anyone can say this reflects Mike McCarthy negatively. Mike McCarthy said something back, and maybe he shouldn't have but the dude is (and should be) agitated/have a short-fuse considering the state of the team.

But this firing seems to be beyond the scope of the character of MM. The dude won't even sit players for being terrible half the time, you think he'd honestly fire someone for a comment that was definitely not the worst thing MM's heard by his own words?

Can we even say that someone else wasn't around when Wood and McCarthy exchanged comments? Perhaps that someone reported said matter?

My point is simple: to rip McCarthy over this is very unfair at the moment.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

Union or non union, this guys facts/story does not add up.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Totally agree.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Point is, you must be careful what you say to the powers to be. Not that the powers to be are going to fire you, but the underlying management who fears the CEO might.

"Trippster" wrote:

Yes.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

It may not appear favourable on the Packers, but I cannot see how anyone can say this reflects Mike McCarthy negatively. Mike McCarthy said something back, and maybe he shouldn't have but the dude is (and should be) agitated/have a short-fuse considering the state of the team.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

So your taking Mike McCarthy word at more value than Woods? On what grounds does his comments carry more truth than Woods?

If you are going to belittle the opinions based upon Mike Wood's comments, then how can you take Mike McCarthy comments and be more convinced.

That is why I think the Packers better get ahead of this thing.. get the truth out there and squash it from running a muck in the media and fan opinion.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"