Zero2Cool
3 months ago
Buwahahaha

UserPostedImage
bboystyle
3 months ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This goofball also said the Packers were going to enter the 70s and 80s again after Loves first bad game. He flip flops so much its hard to take what he says serious.

Its all fine and dandy to find good posts about this hire but people said the same about Barry. Also, can this guy adjust in gane if his plan isnt working? That was one of our flaws. Also, whos going to be this free saftety to play cover 1?

This hire has more questions then answers and history tells me thats a bad thing.

I hope i eat my words one day
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

This goofball also said the Packers were going to enter the 70s and 80s again after Loves first bad game. He flip flops so much its hard to take what he says serious.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Sherman gave his opinion that many others shared. He was wrong. He also said he was wrong. This clip here is when he was a player for Jeff Hafley, so I think we can take it differently.

Its all fine and dandy to find good posts about this hire but people said the same about Barry.

I do not remember anyone saying much positive about Joe Barry. In fact, I think most were uninspired and annoyed with the hire. As for "finding" good posts. Please. They are pouring in and if/when I find something negative, I'll post that too. Right now it seems most are surprised about the hire because their precious ego's were stroked by a name they heard. And folks are doing research rather than running their mouth crying about "LaFleur hiring another buddy, just fire the HC already!!!" like we see some doing.

Also, can this guy adjust if his scheme isnt working? That was one of our flaws.

I sure as heck hope so! haha

Also, whos going yo be this free saftety to play cover 1?

I'm sure we'll have a better idea after Free Agency and the NFL Draft. I mean, the 2023 season hasn't even concluded yet.

This hire has more questions then answers and history tells me thats a bad thing.

I hope i eat my words one day

If he hired Wink Martindale, or Jim Leonhard, or anyone else, we'd also have more questions than answers because it's a new DC with the Packers roster.

Here is another example of a thread on Tweeter. Dusty is actually WATCHING film and giving his input.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 months ago
If he can teach these guys how to tackle properly that will be a huge step forward. There were way too many missed tackles over the past 3-4-5 years.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 months ago
These are going to straight up piss off some clowns.

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 months ago
Man, it sure is nice hearing positive things about the new DC hire. Beats the BS we heard nonstop about the previous hire.

UserPostedImage
3 months ago
I want to say up front that I was not a fan of the Joe Barry hire - just go back and look at my posts (er, from my original account). From the start it looked like the Matt LaFleur messed up both the process and outcome when hiring Joe Barry.

With that said, this looks like a fantastic hire! Hafley seems to 1) bring everything to the table that we thought we'd be getting from Pettine on D (aggressiveness, disguising, back-end communication, good chaos), 2) be well-versed in multiple schemes (he traced his roots back to Dave Wannstedt in the Adam Breneman podcast on Youtube), 3) have an understanding of tendencies / what is in vogue with NFL offenses, as well as a modern approach to seeking out analytics to have the most information at his fingertips, and 4) have a solid pedigree of working with HOF players (Rondae Barber, Darrell Revis, Richard Sherman) meshed with a down-to-earth approach that shows he cares about his players as human beings and them having success.

There were a lot of things and traits I liked across specific DC candidates who we were reported to have interviewed (young in age and newer approach to the game, exposure to multiple defensive schemes, having strong exposure to DB coaching / being a DB coach, blending life lessons into the game of football, and having a good head on their shoulders with a willingness to work hard to move up the coaching ranks really young). Jeff Hafley seems to have all those traits in one person, while also having gone completely under the radar on having interviewed (shows me he knows how to keep his head down and mind his business). For all the faults that seemed to be lingering with the Joe Barry hire, my initial take is that everything revolving around this hire is the complete opposite and "feels" like the outcome of a Head Coach that knew what he wanted and implemented a solid process to get a right-minded approach and defensive coach for his team.

I think I cried tears of joy when Hafley mentioned it was important to get into the head of a player after a bad play to understand what he saw / what he was thinking rather than just yelling. Hafley distilling playing press man into a power-point slide with 3 bullet points? Hard to argue with an approach that keeps things simple and straightforward - especially when you will likely have a very young DB room. When Hafley says on the Youtube podcast that Richard Sherman knew more about zone coverage than what Hafley could teach him, I get an eerie feeling of similarity to Joe Whitt Jr. saying he wasn't going to teach Charles Woodson about man coverage... there is a zen-like weirdness in having the confidence to be up front and candid about what you can't do for a HOF player as a coach.

Jeff Hafley definitely isn't the sexiest name, but this time around I'm inclined to give Matt LaFleur the benefit of the doubt given the high caliber of candidates who interviewed and the glimpses I'm seeing of Hafley straight from his own words. The only issue I have is that Hafley readily admits in the podcast on Youtube that it takes a few years to get everyone comfortable with a system/scheme and to see the results. I'm not sure Hafley will have a few years grace period (maybe two years at most), so I'm hoping he can at least show our defense is making some strides in the right direction over the next couple of years. We've tried the "popular" approach with Dom Capers and Mike Pettine, and the results were mostly 'meh'. I don't mind taking a swing with the 'off the beat' choice of someone without the name recognition that has a pretty impressive head on his shoulders exudes a humble confidence about being good enough to make it.
The NFL: where Greg Jennings happens.
3 months ago

Cover 1. Are you fans ready for that??

One Hour Interview (2024-Jan-30)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

For those with limited time, key comments at the 39 minute mark.

Go Packers!!!!
beast
3 months ago
Edit: Put a post in the wrong thread by mistake. Can delete this post.
UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
3 months ago
As with most fans, I wasn't overly familiar with our new DC. I looked up some info about him and I can see why they hired him. He has a more aggressive approach than what we have been seeing over the last several seasons - something we need more of. Some criticism has been made about his record as a head coach, but he's had success on the defensive side of the ball. With young players in our secondary he may be able to contribute to their development and hopefully bring some physicality to that group of players.

It's hard to say how it will play out, but at least it seems like we are moving away from the vomit-inducing soft zone approach.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (13h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (14h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (17h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (17h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.