earthquake
a year ago
“This isn’t a decision day. That’s already happened. We’re already days past this.” - Aaron Rodgers on Pat McAfee's show

So it sounds like Rodgers has decided and the Packers and Jets agreeing on the terms of the deal is what is holding the trade up. So we can assume Rodgers' decision is that he will play for the Jets if traded, otherwise there wouldn't be anything for the two teams to work out. 

There have been some conflicting reports this morning that the Packers are or are not looking for multiple 1st round picks.

Edit: More directly, Rodgers says "It’s my intention to play for the Jets, but I’m still under contract with the Packers." - so that's that.
blank
beast
a year ago
Also Rodgers said he's not really involved in the compensation, but said the Packers are holding up the trade, as they're wanting more compensation.

I'm extremely strong and was very wrong, as I thought they would of agreed to compensation before allowing other teams to talk with Rodgers.

Rodgers suggested other teams were interested... Rodgers said he really would of wanted to play with one certain person (Pat McAfee keeps comedically bringing up WR Adams 😂).

Sounds like Rodgers really loves Coach Hackett 

​​​
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
So the Diva is now trying to be slick and putting it all on the Packers. I like the whole "I was really looking at retirement before I went into the darkness retreat and when I came out something changed. The Packers decided they wanted to move on."  
Ok so you were like 80% leaning toward retirement so the Packers decided to move on, well DUH lol, sorry they didn't come and beg you. Also the other thing was Brady retired and Rodgers won't be opening act. He also stated he made his mind up last Friday but on Saturday during a report he stated the answer would come soon. This reminded me of the whole Lebron James taking his talents to South Beach crap with the whole special show for it. He planned on the Pat Macafee show as his place to make the announcement. I am glad it is finally done and the Jets will have to deal with it now.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago
"He also stated he made his mind up last Friday but on Saturday during a report he stated the answer would come soon."

These are not mutually exclusive or contradictory statements. Perhaps he was hoping the Packers and Jets would have worked out a deal by today, and was planning to announce the trade officially on the show.

As he's said multiple times in the past, he prefers to be the one to make these sorts of announcements, rather than leak them to the press or blab about it during a charity flag football game.
blank
go.pack.go.
a year ago

So the Diva is now trying to be slick and putting it all on the Packers. I like the whole "I was really looking at retirement before I went into the darkness retreat and when I came out something changed. The Packers decided they wanted to move on."  
Ok so you were like 80% leaning toward retirement so the Packers decided to move on, well DUH lol, sorry they didn't come and beg you. Also the other thing was Brady retired and Rodgers won't be opening act. He also stated he made his mind up last Friday but on Saturday during a report he stated the answer would come soon. This reminded me of the whole Lebron James taking his talents to South Beach crap with the whole special show for it. He planned on the Pat Macafee show as his place to make the announcement. I am glad it is finally done and the Jets will have to deal with it now.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Well, the Packers have indeed handled this situation very poorly. Apparently Gutekunst told him at the end of the season that the door is open and the Packers would love to have him back. Then all of a sudden that narrative changed without Gutekunst telling Aaron about it. That’s dumb, and very disrespectful to the (or one of the) greatest Packers of all time. Just tell the dude you’re ready to move on. Be straight up.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
Maybe Aaron's the one not being respectful. 

Gotta say, Gutey caved last offseason with this bullshit contract, but if this goes well, he may of gotten the better out of this situation.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dfosterf
a year ago

Maybe Aaron's the one not being respectful. 

Gotta say, Gutey caved last offseason with this bullshit contract, but if this goes well, he may of gotten the better out of this situation.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Not very respectful announcing that Green Bay is the sticking point in the negotiations. Could have kept quiet about that. Not very respectful to tell everyone he was 90% retired until he did his black hole thing. 

He devalued himself in the eyes of all parties with that last part, media is definitely running with that narrative as regards what the Jets should have to pay for "A guy that was 90% retired until last week". 

Ya know, the Jets dug their heels in here, also, Aaron.  I'm not saying he shouldn't be expected to take the side of the team he is going to, but it would have been nice to at least keep your own counsel with regard to some of these statements. 

I hope the Packers hold firm, in large part because of the additional leverage Aaron gave the Jets.
porky88
a year ago
So, there is a holdup between two teams in deep trade talks. Who cares?

The Packers are ready to move on because Aaron is pushing 40. They drafted his replacement and all good things comes to an end. Aaron gave 18 great years to the Packers. It was a fun, wild ride and I am happy that I got to watch him play.

As far as when they trade him. I don't care. I would rather they hold firm and drive the media nuts (especially Mike Florio) and net a major package in return instead of cave and get poor value in return. The Jets are taking all the steps to trade for him. They have signed personnel to appease Rodgers. They are dug in, and the Packers have every right to leverage that.

For what it's worth, I thought Rodgers was fine on Pat McAfee. He seem pretty humble and was gracious to Green Bay. He gave his perspective on the process and answered why he's not officially a Jet yet from his perspective.
go.pack.go.
a year ago
Also- how awesome is it that Rodgers actually told us how this is all going down so we don’t have to waste our time speculating on it all? I love that. 

But yes, telling us he was 90% leaning toward retirement before going into darkness certainly gives the Jets more leverage in trade talks because it leaves them wondering if Aaron will play more than 1 season. Of course Aaron probably doesn’t want the Jets to give up a ton because he would like those draft picks to help their team succeed. 

That being said, let’s get the deal done somehow. For both the respect of Aaron and so we can move on as an organization.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
Andrew Brandt

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
beast (2h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (20h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.