earthquake
a year ago
“This isn’t a decision day. That’s already happened. We’re already days past this.” - Aaron Rodgers on Pat McAfee's show

So it sounds like Rodgers has decided and the Packers and Jets agreeing on the terms of the deal is what is holding the trade up. So we can assume Rodgers' decision is that he will play for the Jets if traded, otherwise there wouldn't be anything for the two teams to work out. 

There have been some conflicting reports this morning that the Packers are or are not looking for multiple 1st round picks.

Edit: More directly, Rodgers says "It’s my intention to play for the Jets, but I’m still under contract with the Packers." - so that's that.
blank
beast
a year ago
Also Rodgers said he's not really involved in the compensation, but said the Packers are holding up the trade, as they're wanting more compensation.

I'm extremely strong and was very wrong, as I thought they would of agreed to compensation before allowing other teams to talk with Rodgers.

Rodgers suggested other teams were interested... Rodgers said he really would of wanted to play with one certain person (Pat McAfee keeps comedically bringing up WR Adams 😂).

Sounds like Rodgers really loves Coach Hackett 

​​​
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
So the Diva is now trying to be slick and putting it all on the Packers. I like the whole "I was really looking at retirement before I went into the darkness retreat and when I came out something changed. The Packers decided they wanted to move on."  
Ok so you were like 80% leaning toward retirement so the Packers decided to move on, well DUH lol, sorry they didn't come and beg you. Also the other thing was Brady retired and Rodgers won't be opening act. He also stated he made his mind up last Friday but on Saturday during a report he stated the answer would come soon. This reminded me of the whole Lebron James taking his talents to South Beach crap with the whole special show for it. He planned on the Pat Macafee show as his place to make the announcement. I am glad it is finally done and the Jets will have to deal with it now.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago
"He also stated he made his mind up last Friday but on Saturday during a report he stated the answer would come soon."

These are not mutually exclusive or contradictory statements. Perhaps he was hoping the Packers and Jets would have worked out a deal by today, and was planning to announce the trade officially on the show.

As he's said multiple times in the past, he prefers to be the one to make these sorts of announcements, rather than leak them to the press or blab about it during a charity flag football game.
blank
go.pack.go.
a year ago

So the Diva is now trying to be slick and putting it all on the Packers. I like the whole "I was really looking at retirement before I went into the darkness retreat and when I came out something changed. The Packers decided they wanted to move on."  
Ok so you were like 80% leaning toward retirement so the Packers decided to move on, well DUH lol, sorry they didn't come and beg you. Also the other thing was Brady retired and Rodgers won't be opening act. He also stated he made his mind up last Friday but on Saturday during a report he stated the answer would come soon. This reminded me of the whole Lebron James taking his talents to South Beach crap with the whole special show for it. He planned on the Pat Macafee show as his place to make the announcement. I am glad it is finally done and the Jets will have to deal with it now.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Well, the Packers have indeed handled this situation very poorly. Apparently Gutekunst told him at the end of the season that the door is open and the Packers would love to have him back. Then all of a sudden that narrative changed without Gutekunst telling Aaron about it. That’s dumb, and very disrespectful to the (or one of the) greatest Packers of all time. Just tell the dude you’re ready to move on. Be straight up.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
Maybe Aaron's the one not being respectful. 

Gotta say, Gutey caved last offseason with this bullshit contract, but if this goes well, he may of gotten the better out of this situation.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dfosterf
a year ago

Maybe Aaron's the one not being respectful. 

Gotta say, Gutey caved last offseason with this bullshit contract, but if this goes well, he may of gotten the better out of this situation.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Not very respectful announcing that Green Bay is the sticking point in the negotiations. Could have kept quiet about that. Not very respectful to tell everyone he was 90% retired until he did his black hole thing. 

He devalued himself in the eyes of all parties with that last part, media is definitely running with that narrative as regards what the Jets should have to pay for "A guy that was 90% retired until last week". 

Ya know, the Jets dug their heels in here, also, Aaron.  I'm not saying he shouldn't be expected to take the side of the team he is going to, but it would have been nice to at least keep your own counsel with regard to some of these statements. 

I hope the Packers hold firm, in large part because of the additional leverage Aaron gave the Jets.
porky88
a year ago
So, there is a holdup between two teams in deep trade talks. Who cares?

The Packers are ready to move on because Aaron is pushing 40. They drafted his replacement and all good things comes to an end. Aaron gave 18 great years to the Packers. It was a fun, wild ride and I am happy that I got to watch him play.

As far as when they trade him. I don't care. I would rather they hold firm and drive the media nuts (especially Mike Florio) and net a major package in return instead of cave and get poor value in return. The Jets are taking all the steps to trade for him. They have signed personnel to appease Rodgers. They are dug in, and the Packers have every right to leverage that.

For what it's worth, I thought Rodgers was fine on Pat McAfee. He seem pretty humble and was gracious to Green Bay. He gave his perspective on the process and answered why he's not officially a Jet yet from his perspective.
go.pack.go.
a year ago
Also- how awesome is it that Rodgers actually told us how this is all going down so we don’t have to waste our time speculating on it all? I love that. 

But yes, telling us he was 90% leaning toward retirement before going into darkness certainly gives the Jets more leverage in trade talks because it leaves them wondering if Aaron will play more than 1 season. Of course Aaron probably doesn’t want the Jets to give up a ton because he would like those draft picks to help their team succeed. 

That being said, let’s get the deal done somehow. For both the respect of Aaron and so we can move on as an organization.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
Andrew Brandt

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.