Zero2Cool
a year ago

Why doesn't anyone ever want to listen to me as I have the perfect trade partner and that's the Seattle Seahawks. They have tons of cash, which maybe they can take on some of the cap hit plus a ton of extra picks. Also their QB is now a free agent and I don't think they don't want to pay Geno huge money for a few years. With them trading Wilson last year and made a draft pick haul they can just trade their own picks away if they wanted. Would Rodgers want to go there? Well his plus sides are  DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockette, and Kenneth Walker. Also the nice one is he could play the 49ers twice a year and maybe keep them out of the playoffs. I can see with his ego wanting to do that and like I said he would have tons of weapons and the GM and head coach would slobber all over him so they would bring in Cobb for him.  Rodgers will not be in Las Vegas that spot is already taken by the GOAT and who knows if Adams will actually be in Las Vegas next year, they did him wrong because he went there to be with Derek Carr and that was the only reason. He might force himself out maybe back to Green bay lol. Only other place I can see is the Jets but we know Rodgers can't play in the cold in big games and it's not warm in NY.  I say trade him to whoever will eat his contract and get whatever picks you can get and be done with it.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Simply saying something on a website doesn't make it true. And Rodgers will not OK a trade to Seattle. You know this. You're just consumed by the draft capital they have lol. Plus, no reason they'd want a high priced QB when they've proven they can win without one. 

Try another team. I'm excited to see what you come up with!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

Simply saying something on a website doesn't make it true. And Rodgers will not OK a trade to Seattle. You know this. You're just consumed by the draft capital they have lol. Plus, no reason they'd want a high priced QB when they've proven they can win without one. 

Try another team. I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Who cares if Aaron approves it. So retire then. He'd be off our books, not our problem.

Maybe he'd force a trade to the Vikings.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
a year ago

Why doesn't anyone ever want to listen to me as I have the perfect trade partner and that's the Seattle Seahawks.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

On paper, I think you have a great point... but... I think the Packers would prefer that AFC and I'm guessing most QB greats would prefer to avoid Pete Carroll's preference of a run first offense.

Now, they have opened up a bit more with OC Shane Waldron hiring and running the wide zone like the Packers now (then again, over 25% of the league is now).

While Seattle might be the perfect city, might be the perfect GM and cash/draft capital... might be the perfectly wrong head coach. Also, rumors have it that since Paul Allen's death, his wife has basically been 100% hands off and Pete Carroll has 100% control which has rubbed muliple players on both sides of the ball the wrong way... and Pete Carroll has even publicly admitted (when his son was leaving to join a different team) that at times he's gotten out of control, and it was nice having his son be one of the few to directly address him about it.

And muliple players (usually on defense) have complained about Pete Carroll style, as he encourages you, motivates you and tells you what you want to hear, even if everyone knows it's a damn lie.... 

I just don't see Rodgers and Pete Carroll getting along, should anything go wrong and even having a blunt but needed conversation.

Though, reportedly Rodgers wanted to go West if he was traded last year and Seahawks are one of the few western teams that need a QB.

I agree, I see Brady going to the Raiders... Raiders owner wants him both in the field but also the hype off the field... supposedly the Bears fans raided their stadium and took over with more Bears fans in Las Vegas Stadium than Raiders fans... and the owner wants the show and the hype and all that.

If I'm keeping Rodgers in the NFC, I'm trading him to the NFC South and trying to get additional picks for things like the team winning the division or playoff game as whomever Rodgers joins in that division is automatically the favorite.

- Buccaneers did sign Brady.
- Panthers owner reportedly badly wants an elite QB.
- Falcons have the 4th most 2023 cap space, and head coach Arthur Smith learned the Wide Zone System under LaFleur and followed him as the Titans OC.
- Saints have a defense, some good offensive weapons and need a QB and a GM that's always swinging for the fences, including already trading their 1st round pick this year and 2nd round pick next year away.
(Note: Buccaneers and Saints have the least amiunt of 2023 cap space).

As for the AFC...

If the Colts hire Jeff Saturday as head coach, I'm calling Saturday up and ask what they would give for Rodgers. (Note, Colts owner seemed to really want Saturday, but the GM really did not want him)

After that... Patriots? Belichick always surprises... Normally he wouldn't do this but once in a while he breaks his own normal standard rules. Rodgers is talented that he might... though it's doubtful.

Jets and Dolphins?

Jets seemingly have a defense and some weapons (though their OL needs to stay healthy) and head coach and GM might be in the hot seat and the owner said they would do everything in their power to get a quality QB.

Dolphins, they blew up... but their starting QB couldn't stay healthy.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
My god.

FB_IMG_1674606360157.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago

My god.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Boom. Now everyone can shut up. 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Yeah, this is gonna get some attention.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Pugger
a year ago

My god.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This doesn't surprise me at all.  A year ago Gute and company made a big commitment to him with that crazy extension.  As I said in another thread here a trade depends upon how ready Love is.  I might be reading more into this than necessary but perhaps Jordan isn't ready quite yet?  It took 3 full years before Aaron Rodgers was ready to replace Favre.  Technically because of COVID and that lost season for Love he's only had 2 full seasons and just one with Clements to groom him.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

This doesn't surprise me at all.  A year ago Gute and company made a big commitment to him with that crazy extension.  As I said in another thread here a trade depends upon how ready Love is.  I might be reading more into this than necessary but perhaps Jordan isn't ready quite yet?  It took 3 full years before Aaron Rodgers was ready to replace Favre.  Technically because of COVID and that lost season for Love he's only had 2 full seasons and just one with Clements to groom him.

Originally Posted by: Pugger 

The contract tells me that Jordan Love wasn't ready to take over FOR 2022. However, maybe the coaching staff and Aaron Rodgers see that Jordan Love is ready for 2023? Remember, Matt LaFleur said the next thing Jordan Love needs is playing time. As I said in another thread, I wonder if Rodgers sees that Love is ready and the options he is weighing are the following.

Rodgers has made it very clear how important playing with one franchise means to him. So, I speculate he's weighing his desire to play (e.g. Raiders, Titans) vs desire to retire and cement his legacy with just one franchise.

Also something to toss out there. Rodgers comments on Pat McAfee about how he has no ill feelings if they want to move forward almost come off like he's saying "Hey it's OK, I get it, let's do this amicably because I love the organization and ... I just get it".
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
I think Aaron Rodgers plays in 2023. I am not sure if it with Packers or elsewhere. I do believe he would rather retire in a year where he doesn't have to share spotlight with Tom Brady in Hall of Fame. BUT who knows? Maybe since he respects him so much he would be honored by that?

If Rodgers does play in 2023. I think Tom Brady retiring will drive the price up for Aaron Rodgers trade value.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (26m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.