Cheesey
a year ago
The father of the shooter said his son "was not a monster".
Let's see.....killed two teachers and 19 defenseless innocent children. Oh....let's not forget he also shot his grandmother IN THE FACE. Of course his father is also a criminal.
I wonder how many people would his son have to murder before his Dad would consider him a monster???
Yeah, maybe the kid was bullied. I was bullied all the time in school. I didn't grab one of my Dad's guns and go on a shooting rampage.
I see too much of attempts to make a criminal a victim and the victim out to be a criminal today.
The poor families of the victims....send your child off to school, and never see them again....they will be going through a living hell the rest of their lives.
This is one of the few times in my life where I'm glad I never had any children. This world seems to be going down the drain faster every year.
I pray for the families.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago

Guns are not the problem, but the ease of obtaining one is a problem. However, you'll note that two of the three I listed the weapons were obtained legally. So, maybe stricter gun purchasing laws could help reduce the firearm violence.

Australia banned guns, period. They just banned them. I'm not sure if it's every gun, but a good majority are banned. You speak of the black market. You have to realize that the black market will be marginalized and once supply and demand change, you will NOT be able to buy a gun for $50. That $50 gun today will be $5,000 after guns are abolished. This has been proven in Australia and by basic economics.

I am not saying abolishing every gun that holds more than 12 rounds is the only answer, or the only solution, or even THE answer/solution. Because if some idiot wants to harm people, they will find a way, even if it's by a knife like the Osaka massacre that left 8 children dead and over a dozen injured.

Do I think civilians should have such easy access to weapons that can shoot 25+ rounds in a clip? No, not really. If you're that bad at hunting animals, you should pick up a different hobby. I've heard the argument about the Revolutionary War so many times and it's so obvious how many people failed history class. We wouldn't be fighting muskets vs muskets. We would be fighting semi-automatic weapons vs drones, tanks, planes and a ton of other wicked nasty stuff.

I guess to sum up this rambling here. I don't think less guns is the solution. I know more guns is NOT the solution. I just think we have to do more to be better people. And for god sake, can we stop plastering these tragedies all over the place giving these cowards 15 minutes of "fame"?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ok as a person that has many firearms and carries all the time unless I am at work and I still have one in my truck if the shit hits the fan. My wife still laughs at me when we goto a restaurant to eat because I always have to be facing the entry so I can see who is coming in. I went thru all the training to carry and have been taught if you don't plan to eliminate the threat don't carry a gun. As in eliminating the threat that is shoot to kill not wound.

Now lets start picking apart your theories a little, Guns are not the problem, but the ease of obtaining one is a problem. However, you'll note that two of the three I listed the weapons were obtained legally. So, maybe stricter gun purchasing laws could help reduce the firearm violence.

I take it you have never tried to buy a gun, you have to go thru a background check thru your state police. Also until a few years ago you couldn't get a pistol the same day, so I have no idea where you talk about the ease of getting a gun, thats pure MSM talk. Now if you want to do it illegally thats very easy to get a gun, when I lived in Kenosha I would see my neighbor pull up and if I wanted any type of gun he would have it in his trunk. That you will never stop as the government needs that to keep the divide.

Australia banned guns, period. They just banned them. I'm not sure if it's every gun, but a good majority are banned. You speak of the black market. You have to realize that the black market will be marginalized and once supply and demand change, you will NOT be able to buy a gun for $50. That $50 gun today will be $5,000 after guns are abolished. This has been proven in Australia and by basic economics.

That is correct they banned guns and now they are one of the world leaders in murders with knives, also you didn't see how during the pandemic they put people in concentration camps if they didn't get the jab, See that is what our 2nd amendment is all about, it is not to protect yourself it is to protect the people from the government. You have no clue most guns are put back on the streets that get confiscated and also they come in from the cartels and gangs from all over the world. There will never be a shortage of guns, and also a gun is not that hard to make.

Do I think civilians should have such easy access to weapons that can shoot 25+ rounds in a clip? No, not really. If you're that bad at hunting animals, you should pick up a different hobby. I've heard the argument about the Revolutionary War so many times and it's so obvious how many people failed history class. We wouldn't be fighting muskets vs muskets. We would be fighting semi-automatic weapons vs drones, tanks, planes, and a ton of other wicked nasty stuff. But a bunch of people with rifles that will fire 1 bullet every time you pull the trigger can still defeat an army with the other things. I always tell everyone give me one rife with 1 bullet and I will survive a war, it's called kill and take their weapons.

Now the easiest fix is just the opposite of what the Dems are saying, let's try like cities in Georgia and other states are doing and that is to make a law stating every house owner must have a firearm, and for the schools to get rid of the gun-free zones and let the teachers carry and it will stop a lot of these types of shootings. How many mass shootings do you see at a gun show or at a shooting range? The safest states to live in have the most lenient gun laws and those are facts, just like the cities with the most gun murders have the strictest gun laws. Everyone has the right to their opinion but it's better when they also know the facts. BTW look up Nelson Georgia and kenneshaw Georgia those cites you have to have a gun in your house.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
Now I want to talk a little about the school shooting that happened. First off I don't believe it was meant to be a school shooting, and let me explain. First, he shoots his grandma over a cell phone bill apparently, and then flees the scene and gets into an accident. I haven't seen anything on what caused that but now he takes his "long rifle" and a pistol and runs to the side of the school and goes into a door. Now, why did he go to the side door and not the front door that he knew would be open? Ok so now he is in the school and he barricades himself in a room, why would you ever corner yourself if you plan on doing a mass shooting ( sounds sick but now you just limited how many people he can kill) and he also just gave the police the advantage as they know where he is and can move in. Yes, I have heard now they waited for almost an hour to end the threat which throws up another red flag. So a few other things strike me as funny about the whole thing, he has 2 Aaron Rodgers platform guns in the car but only takes one and a pistol. If the pistol was a 9mm then he limited himself to a 12-round clip compared to a 30-round and now you have 2 guns that use the same mags. Also, I thought it was interesting when the reports came out saying he was wearing body armor but he didn't have any plates for it. So he was basically wearing just a vest and not body armor. Now my biggest red flag came from the types of guns he had, These were Daniels's Defense rifles that cost anywhere between 1 and 3 thousand dollars apiece. Where does an 18 yr old dropout with no job come up with $4000 to buy these 2 guns? I hate saying this but doesn't it seem like every time the Democrats are in trouble when they control the government we end up with a school shooting? Look up their history of them and you might be shocked. Don't get me wrong my thoughts and prayers go out for those families but things just don't add up. Also why did the police sit back and wait an hour before ending the situation? Just some things I thought of right away that wasn't adding up.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
Great posts Dhazer!
Let's put "Gun free zone" signs up everywhere if they work so well! And then put up "No Crime zone" in every neighborhood!
That will stop the evil people!!!
Political correctness doesn't stop evil people from doing evil deeds.
I have a sign with a picture of a gun and the words "We don't dial 911" on it. I figure that if some crook wants to break into a house, he will most likely pick a different home if he thinks he might meet with serious resistance. (Which he would!)
As I have stated several times, criminals love unarmed victims.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (39m) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (15h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
41m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.