Zero2Cool
a year ago
1999 Columbine, CO → Two 18 year olds killed 12 high school students and one adult. Weapons used were bought illegally.
2012 Newton, CT → 20 year old killed 20 children and six adults in an elementary school. Weapons used were legally owned by killers mother, who also killed.
2022 Uvalde, TX → 18 year old killed 19 children and two adults in an elementary school. Weapons were legally owned by gunman.

These are the three that stick out most to me in my memory. I am sure there are more. I saw on Tweeter last night how a plethora of fake magnanimous people demanding for change and of course giving their pathetically weak phony "thoughts and prayers" as they prop themselves on their fictitious "look at me" pedestal. None of those grieving are scouring Tweeter or social media for sympathy so who are those comments for? They are or their own selfish narcissistic selves.

I honestly do not think there is anything that can or will change. After Sandy Hook and nothing was done, I fell into the defeated mentality that this is just going to always be a part of life. Some will say more gun control, but that is not the solution. Yeah, sure, it worked for Australia after the Port Arthur massacre, but the culture differences between America and Australia are massive. America has a population over 330 million and we have over 400 million firearms. Australia has a population around 30 million and less than half million firearms. So when they say strict gun control worked for Australia, no shit it did. They didn't have over one fire arm per person to recover!

An argument that I think shows how ignorant some people are ... when a car rams into a populus of people they say "we gonna ban cars now", you know, because a car's creational purpose is MURDER, wait, that's the creational intent of a FIREARM. We hear the same weak remark about knives.

Columbine I was in High School. Sandy Hook I had three girls in three tiers of schooling. Uvalde I have one girl in elementary school. As a parent, I have no idea what to do other than hope people smarter than me come up with a solution. As an American citizen, I'm disgusted we aren't doing more. A bit hypocritical as I have no idea what more could be done. They say to arm the teachers. Yeah, that's intelligent. You're putting a loaded weapon in every classroom then and hoping that EACH AND EVERY teacher is practicing proper gun safety.

I don't know. I just do not know.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
Zero, you made some great points.
Guns are not the problem. Bad people are the problem.
Stricter gun control laws are not the answer. Who would obey stricter gun control laws? Only law abiding citizens. Not one single bad person would give a damn about another law. They already don't care about any law. And the black market will always be there for bad people with $50 in their pocket who want a gun.
What do I see as the major problem today? It's the whole attitude of "YOU are SPECIAL! YOU matter!" Giving a false sense to kids that they are special, when fact is, not everyone is that special.
Giving "participation trophies" to kids just for showing up. Not keeping score at sports because losing a game might hurt poor Johnny's feelings if he has to face that he sucks at sports. Trophies have to be EARNED. It takes hard work to excel at anything. Kids are not taught to respect others. To do unto others as you would have them do unto you. So what we see now is the results of years of not holding people responsible for their actions. We have raised a "Me FIRST" country of entitled people.
"Don't DARE diss me! I'm SPECIAL and only what I want matters!"
It's a total moral decay of what America used to stand for.
It started in the 1960s with the "If it feels good, do it" motto, not caring how it might hurt others, to the 1972 decision to allow people to murder their unwanted "fetus" (child).
When human life doesn't matter, anything goes!
Yes, I hear the "it's a woman's right to do what she wants with her body!" Problem is, it's not HER body she's killing, it's a innocent baby.
Again, it comes down to not holding people responsible for their actions. "Go ahead and have sex! If you get pregnant, just kill the problem!" The "if it feels good, do it" that I talked about earlier. And the men are JUST as responsible for it
These are my feelings on the problem. I know there will be those here that will hate me for saying these things, and some that will agree but won't dare to say so for fear of being blasted.

All that is necessary for evil to win is for good people to do nothing.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Zero, you made some great points.

Guns are not the problem. Bad people are the problem.

Stricter gun control laws are not the answer. Who would obey stricter gun control laws? Only law abiding citizens. Not one single bad person would give a damn about another law. They already don't care about any law. And the black market will always be there for bad people with $50 in their pocket who want a gun.
What do I see as the major problem today? It's the whole attitude of "YOU are SPECIAL! YOU matter!" Giving a false sense to kids that they are special, when fact is, not everyone is that special.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Guns are not the problem, but the ease of obtaining one is a problem. However, you'll note that two of the three I listed the weapons were obtained legally. So, maybe stricter gun purchasing laws could help reduce the firearm violence.

Australia banned guns, period. They just banned them. I'm not sure if it's every gun, but a good majority are banned. You speak of the black market. You have to realize that the black market will be marginalized and once supply and demand change, you will NOT be able to buy a gun for $50. That $50 gun today will be $5,000 after guns are abolished. This has been proven in Australia and by basic economics.

I am not saying abolishing every gun that holds more than 12 rounds is the only answer, or the only solution, or even THE answer/solution. Because if some idiot wants to harm people, they will find a way, even if it's by a knife like the Osaka massacre that left 8 children dead and over a dozen injured.

Do I think civilians should have such easy access to weapons that can shoot 25+ rounds in a clip? No, not really. If you're that bad at hunting animals, you should pick up a different hobby. I've heard the argument about the Revolutionary War so many times and it's so obvious how many people failed history class. We wouldn't be fighting muskets vs muskets. We would be fighting semi-automatic weapons vs drones, tanks, planes and a ton of other wicked nasty stuff.

I guess to sum up this rambling here. I don't think less guns is the solution. I know more guns is NOT the solution. I just think we have to do more to be better people. And for god sake, can we stop plastering these tragedies all over the place giving these cowards 15 minutes of "fame"?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
I agree there's no reason to have a 25 round clip. My rifle holds 6 bullets. Like you said, if you can't hit what you are hunting with that, take up a different hobby.
And as I said, and you agree, we need to be better people. And that starts at home AND in the schools. I have seen articles where a kid acts up at school, gets in trouble, then goes home and cry's to the parents. Then the parents try to SUE the school!
If I mouthed off to a teacher, and went home complaining, I would have been in even MORE trouble with my parents!
Australia might have no guns, but they still have violent crime.
And as I have stated elsewhere, criminals LOVE unarmed victims.
The only answer to stop school and other shootings is to change the way we teach people. Start pushing responsibility for your actions.
When I was a child, there were NO school shootings. So you have to look at what has changed. Pretty much what I stated in my previous post.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
a year ago
For many, the tragedy in Texas is unfathomable. The fact that the event exists at all is extremely frightening and it is impossible to understand. Human life is fragile and evil exists. I firmly believe that the best way to prevent any evil event is deterrence through overwhelming strength and vigilance. In these public locations, I would rather the message to these scum was that, if you try to enter this facility to do harm, you will fail and be dead before you get to the first potential victim. Go kill a defenseless kitten or dog instead.

Further, whenever government officials are speaking about stricter gun laws, alarms bells are going off for me. Australia is a recent study of why the second amendment matters. During the COVID hysteria, the government abused the populace and placed them in camps. Some of the cops were bullies and had no qualms about assaulting protesting citizens. Look at the videos of the way China handled their citizens over the last couple months. The correlation of gun removal by the government and mass death in dictatorial countries is extremely predictable. If the will of the people honestly demands the abolishment of guns, then the party supporting this policy has to make the case through sound logic and discourse. Unfortunately, I only see the push being made emotionally during a crisis.

Edit: By the way.. I am not saying that anyone above made any of the claims in my message. This is just my $0.02 as I struggle through understanding a tragedy like this.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
a year ago

Go Packers!!!!
Cheesey
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

Wow Martha! GREAT POST!
Keeping guns out of the hands of people at the schools that could actually stop a bad person from killing children, what sense does that make?
By the time the police can get there, it's too late.
What's the answer? How about train a few people at each school how to properly handle a gun, and arm them. What would be the argument not to do that? "Oh my! A GUN at the school???" Yes, in the hands of trusted people!
We have seen the alternative. And it ends up with multiple dead or injured innocent people.
What they have done so far has been proven NOT to work.
If I had children, I wouldn't want to send them to a school where there was no protection for my kids.
UserPostedImage
a year ago
This new information sickens me as much as the deaths of those innocent lives.

How can we defend ourselves without guns (especially the elderly). Posting that schools are in gun-free zones is crazy, Do we expect a criminal to think 'OH there is a sign that says Gun Free Zone, so I will put my gun away, after I just murdered my grandmother.'

What is especially maddening however is when the cops take 12 minutes to get there. Then once they get there, they do nothing other than save their own kids.

THIS IS INSANE.

Schools should be secured. This should be an infrastructure improvement the government should prioritize. Not the BS they fund. AND THIS SHOULD BE DONE BEFORE SENDING MONEY OVERSEAS!!!
Second any teacher, with a background check and training, should be able to carry IN ANY STATE OR US TERRITORY.

Uvalde Shooter Fired Gun For 12 Minutes Outside School Before Entering
BY TYLER DURDEN THURSDAY, MAY 26, 2022
HTTPS://WWW.ZEROHEDGE.COM/POLITICAL/GO-THERE-DISTRAUGHT-PARENTS-BEGGED-TEXAS-COPS-ENTER-SCHOOL-GUNMAN-INSIDE-HOUR 
Update (1630ET): The gunman who massacred 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas lingered outside for 12 minutes firing shots at people in a funeral home across the street, before scaling a fence onto school grounds where he fired more shots. He then entered the school and barricading himself in a classroom before opening fire, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Victor Escalon, a regional director for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said he couldn’t say why no one stopped the deceased gunman, 18 year-old Salvador Ramos, from entering the school during that time Tuesday. Most of the shots Ramos fired came during the first several minutes when he entered the school, Mr. Escalon said.
DPS officials previously said an armed school officer confronted Ramos as he arrived at the school. Mr. Escalon said Thursday that information was incorrect and no one encountered Ramos as he arrived at the school. “There was not an officer readily available and armed,” Mr. Escalon said. -WSJ
Ramos began Tuesday morning shooting his grandmother in the face, then using her truck to drive to the school - crashing it into a ditch at around 11:28 am according to a timeline laid out by Escalon.
Texas law enforcement officials ignored pleas from distraught parents as a gunman was left alone for up to an hour at a Texas elementary school - killing 19 children and two teachers, before a Border Patrol agent charged into the school and killed the suspect.
"Go in there! Go in there!" women shouted at the police soon after the attack began, according to neighbor Juan Carranza, who told the Associated Press about the parents' efforts to get the police to confront the shooter. Carranza said the officers did not go in.

Minutes earlier, Carranza had watched as Salvador Ramos crashed his truck into a ditch outside the school, grabbed his AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle and shot at two people outside a nearby funeral home who ran away uninjured.
Officials say he “encountered” a school district security officer outside the school, though there were conflicting reports from authorities on whether the men exchanged gunfire. After running inside, he fired on two arriving Uvalde police officers who were outside the building, said Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson Travis Considine. The police officers were injured. -RealClear Politics
One parent, Javier Cazares, whose fourth-grade daughter Jacklyn was killed in the attack, said he raced to the school when he heard about the shooting, only to find that police weren't moving in.
"Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to," he said, adding "More could have been done."
"There were five or six of 🇺🇸 fathers, hearing the gunshots, and [police officers] were telling us to move back," he told the Washington Post. "We didn’t care about us. We wanted to storm the building. We were saying, ‘Let’s go’ because that is how worried we were, and we wanted to get our babies out."
One clip shows officers tackling parents outside the school to prevent them from rushing in. However, the precise timeline of the below videos compared to what was happening inside the school remains unclear...
That said, it now appears as if several cops may have entered the school to save their own children while the shooting was unfolding and the parents were being held back.
After Ramos entered the school, he charged into one classroom and began to open fire. According to Lt. Christopher Olivarez of the Department of Public Safety, he "barricaded himself by locking the door and just started shooting children and teachers that were inside that classroom."
According to Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw, it took between 40 minutes and 1 hour from when Ramos began opening fire to when the CBP agent, backed by his tactical team, shot him.
Two Uvalde police officers were among the first on the scene - engaging the shooter after he had entered the building when they were both shot and injured.
"When the cops came, the cop said: ‘Yell if you need help!’ And one of the persons in my class said ‘help.’ The [shooter] overheard and he came in and shot her," a boy who hid under a table in his classroom told KENS5 news. "The cop barged into that classroom. The guy shot at the cop. And the cops started shooting."
Of note, in the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Colorado, police waited outside the school and didn’t enter until almost two hours after Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold started shooting—and an hour after they’d committed suicide. In the meantime, they killed a dozen students and a teacher.
Columbine shocked the nation and marked a shift in tactical philosophy: Police officers are now expected to enter buildings with active shooters as rapidly as possible, regardless of their equipment or training.
As a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department briefing on the topic explains, “Officers realize and accept the dangers, they also realize if they do nothing, more people will die or be injured than if they had taken action.”

This is the last post I will make as the topic sickens me.
Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
a year ago
I do not remember the exact quote, however, right after 9/11 happened, a person in congress stood up and said this bring in billions of dollars. Meaning, tax payers will fork over money for the illusion of security.

I see massacres following the same suit. They figure out a way to leverage the illusion of safety (yes, it's an illusion, no one is safe, period) to syphon more and more money from tax payers. Most will say that contributing another $20 every paycheck to ensure every kid is safe from legally purchased guns is well worth it. As a human being, I can't say I would argue. I do think the funds are there already and are grossly misallocated.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
Martha, you have made some great points. You said things that some people here might not have thought of.
Zero also made great points.

I hope some that don't think like we do have read them and consider the points made.
I turn 65 in July. I have been a gun owner since age 16. My Dad and older brother owned guns. I've been around them my whole life. I've never misused them, as my Dad took the time to TEACH me what damage they could do if misused.
I bought a pistol and taught my wife how to use it, just in case someone tried to break in.
The thought of having to shoot someone sickens me. But if it's me, my loved ones or him, it's going to be him.
I hope it never has to happen.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.