beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
3 years ago

I'll put up my list in a moment but I think GB is going to need 4 RBs if they are going to be slightly more dependent on the run. Add Dex Williams. In addition I don't see how they will be able to keep both A Jones and J Williams next year. They will need a third back to go along with what I assume will be Jones and Dillian next year. (Plus a #4 to be named later.)

Originally Posted by: wpr 

But my list already had four RBs, Jones, J. Williams, Dillion and Ervin 😛 see four traditional RBs already on the roster. Lol that's why I couldn't talk myself into #5 D. Williams, even if Ervin is focusing on WR right now, I think they could easily move him back.

But yeah, if they're planning on going with a lot more two WRs set, I could see going with 4 traditional WRs and Ervin and adding another RB D. Williams, or FB Lovett, with a wild card of really upsetting the mockers and going with 5 WRs and 10 OL lol.

Kumerow is the odd man out. He's the oldest of the WR corps. I see MLF opting to go with someone slightly younger who has roughly the same abilities and will cost a few shekels less. My vote is for Malik Turner to take Allison's place on the team as the token former Illini for me. It won't be a shocker is Turner or Shepherd take the spot.

Um, according to spotrac, Kumerow and Turner would cost the exact same amount of shekels... and Kumerow is more physical for STs and blocks better (I really don't know that last part, as I don't have a clue how Turner plays, but their 2020 contracts are the same amount and Kumerow is more physical than average WR).

Thank you for putting Deguara as a TE. He is not a FB.

Yeah, he's an H-Back, then again so is Lovett and Packers placed Lovett as a FB and it bothers me slightly, but maybe if I got to see him actually play it, I wouldn't mind.

Breaking the DL into run cloggers and pass rushers is cleaver. Same for heavy OLB.

Well I was trying to break up the guys that have the potential to pass rush and they guys that don't with the DL. Also the heavy edge rushers MIGHT be able to play some DT.

Our difference

Already covered the WRs and consideration they're not going to get on the field too much, it either might not be that 6th WR spot, or it might go to a STer (Shepherd?)

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they kept Light over Patrick, as teams like a potential backup to the LT. Though, I would take that to mean, they have no plans of signing Veldheer.

If they're going to play with 3 OLBer formulations, then they need more than one guy on the bench in case of injuries. Of course, reportedly they might be deeper there and more likely to get guys to the PS to come up if they need it.

I should also add that OLB Randy Ramsey might be an option instead of T. Williams, if they're looking for more physical, compared to T. Williams more elite quickness, though I'd so be using T. Williams quickness to prepare the RTs for the Vikings speed rushers.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago
Our difference so far (no promises I'll be able to do this for everyone's selections

wpr
OT Wagner
OT Light
WR Turner
CB Samuels III
RB D. Williams

Zero2Cool
OT Nijman
OG Light
WR Begelton
RB D. Williams
OLB Williams

Beast
OT Wagner
OC Patrick
WR Kumerow
CB Samuels III
OLB Williams

Packers home 2 outta 3 Average selections
OT Wagner
OT Light
RB D. Williams
CB Samels
OLB Williams

Guys that have only been picked once
OT Nijman
OC Patrick
WR Kumerow
WR Turner
WR Begelton

Which player do we all have making it, that won't make it? Lol

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
This morning I was wondering why I picked Hansen over Patrick. That is a place I could be wrong. Hansen could be a PS player. It shows the first 45 players are pretty obvious. (Barring injury or trade.) The last ones are pretty much equal in abilities.

Beast- Kumerow and Turner are $750,000. You look at Kumerow and say he's the better blocker and you are probably correct. I look at Turner and say he's younger, quicker and potentially has more upside. Who knows for sure. As Mentioned before his my Illini pick for the team. Just because. I love discussing the merits of WR5/6.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago
The guys I missed
WR Taylor
OT Nijman
OLB Ramsey
CB Ento

CB Ento was my 6th CB choice until he broke a bone in his foot and needs surgery, so I thought he'd go straight to the IR before getting to the 53, but I guess they want him to have the ability to return, before they out him on the 53.

OT Nijman has physical potential, but being injured all off season and most of the preseason, I thought they'd start him on the PS like they did last year.

OLB Ramsey was my next OLB, but I had more hype for Williams. Was on the PS last year.

WR Taylor, wasn't on my radar, but was on the PS last year.

My wrong guesses
WR Kumerow
OC Hanson
OLB Williams
CB Samuals

CB Samuals might still make it, after they put Ento on the IR.

WR Kumerow was just a conservative guess.

OC Hanson because he was a draft pick and I thought they might.want two Centers with the possibility of losing Linsley next off-season.

OLB because I thought they'd keep 5 OLB and when Z went down, it was reported Williams and the rookie draft pick got more snaps.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Offense (26)
QB-3
Aaron Rodgers
Tim Boyle
Jordan Love

RB-4
Aaron Jones
AJ Dillon
Jamaal Williams
Dexter Williams

WR-6
Davante Adams
Allen Lazard
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Equanimeous St. Brown
Malik Turner / Darrius Shepherd / Malik Taylor Going with Turner.
Tyler Ervin I am sticking Evin at the bottom of the WR list although he's a RB/KR who is technically ahead of WR5.

TE-4
Marcedes Lewis
Jace Sternberger
Josiah Deguara
Robert Tonyan

OT-3
David Bakhtiari
Ricky Wagner
Alex Light / Yosh Nijman I am going with Light.

OG-3
Elgton Jenkins
Lane Taylor
Billy Turner
Jon Runyan

C-2
Corey Linsley
Jake Hanson

Defense (24)

DL-5
Kenny Clark
Montravius Adams
Dean Lowry
Kingsley Keke
Tyler Lancaster
DL seems a little light (no pun intended) but they are in base defense so infrequently and I can see the Smiths and Gary being on the field with Clark often.

OLB-4
Za'Darius Smith
Preston Smith
Rashan Gary
Jonathan Garvin

ILB-4
Christian Kirskey
Kamal Martin
Ty Summers
Oren Burks Do I really have to have Burks?

CB-6
Jaire Alexander
Kevin King
Josh Jackson
Chandon Sullivan
Ka'dar Hollman
Stanford Samuels

S-5
Darnell Savage
Adrian Amos
Raven Greene
Vernon Scott
Will Redmond
I had left Redmond off the list but opted for him instead of another DL or LB.
Normally I go with 6 CB and 4 S but if Greene plays some ILB it makes sense to add one more. Scott could end up on the PS.

Special Teams (3)
K Mason Crosby
P JK Scott
LS Hunter Bradley

edit- Veldheer is on speed dial after they see how Wagner performs in Week 1. T Williams around week 4 or 5.

I missed on Dex Williams. It makes sense because he won't get many chances. I hope they can stash him on the PS. It's a gamble.
Even though I didn't like it I stuck Ervin in the WR list just to put him somewhere.
The Malik part was correct. I went for Turner not Taylor but only because he player at Illinois.
It was a coin flip between Light and Nijman. I missed the call. Apparently I can't count to 4 because I listed 4 OG and called it 3.
Replacing Hansen with Patrick was made in another post.
Tim Williams wasn't on my list to make the team so I went with 4 OLB. Randy Ramsey making it was a total surprise to me. I don't recall anyone talking about him.
Kamal Martin has to be headed to IR as will Ento so I didn't put him on the 53. This is good news. Samuels will probably replace him tomorrow.
Missed on 5. Percent-wise it's not too bad. When you look at the toss up players at each position it's not so good.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Why would they put Kamal Martin on Injured Reserve for such a minor injury? Did the IR rules change?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Why would they put Kamal Martin on Injured Reserve for such a minor injury? Did the IR rules change?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He's out for 6-8 weeks. Based on prior years, I assume that really means 10 weeks. IR is 8 week min. I think the player can start to practice after 6 weeks and be activated after 8. If any of this scenario is accurate, it is better to put on IR (There is no limit to the number of players that can be activated from IR this season) instead of having a wasted spot on the roster.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

He's out for 6-8 weeks. Based on prior years, I assume that really means 10 weeks. IR is 8 week min. I think the player can start to practice after 6 weeks and be activated after 8. If any of this scenario is accurate, it is better to put on IR (There is no limit to the number of players that can be activated from IR this season) instead of having a wasted spot on the roster.

I didn't think a torn meniscus would require that much time. Several players have come back in two to four weeks. I must be thinking of something different, but that's the surgery I had. It's super minor. But if they're saying six weeks minimum, yeah, IR is way to go. Bummer.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

I didn't think a torn meniscus would require that much time. Several players have come back in two to four weeks. I must be thinking of something different, but that's the surgery I had. It's super minor. But if they're saying six weeks minimum, yeah, IR is way to go. Bummer.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yeah, I agree, though just to play devil's advocate... that's minimum of 6 weeks, with two weeks being pre-season, and 4 in season weeks (including a bye week).

So do you IR a guy, when he could potentially be missing an extra three games? Or have him rest for the first four weeks, the week 5 bye week and have him come back for week 6, 7 and 8, Buccaneers, Texans and Vikings.

And week 9 is short week Thursday game to SF to play the 49ers, which actually might be a reason to keep him fresh by IR him, so he's ready and healthy for that game with IR allowing two or three weeks of practice before activating.

I'm thinking he gets IRed, especially since I think there is umlimit about of IR returns for this year (which might be wrong, but I thought that was part of the 2020 Covid changes), but I think an argument could be made either way as it's on the line.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago
Prediction: Martin WILL BE placed on the IR!

As part of the NFL's 2020 only Covid-19 rule changes (currently only for 2020).
[list]
  • Players can be activated from the IR within 21 days
  • There is no limited on how many different players you can activated, so everyone placed on IR could potentially be activated after 21 days
  • [*] Individual players can only be actives from the IR back to the 53 once for the year, so the same player can't return from IR twice in the same season and a second trip to the IR would end his season[/list]
    UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
    beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
    dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
    dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
    Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
    Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
    dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
    dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
    Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
    packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    55m / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

59m / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

1h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.