Discussion Board
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2020-07-28T13:46:35Z
Quote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/28/josiah-scott-says-hes-had-multiple-negative-tests-after-false-positive/

Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Josiah Scott was one of four players placed on the COVID-19/reserve list by the team on Monday.

Scott, via his Twitter account, said that his first test was a false positive and that he has since had multiple negative follow-up tests.

As Peter King detailed, a player such a Scott that has tested positive can return under two conditions:

If he has symptoms of COVID-19, at least 10 days must pass since the first symptoms occurred and at least 72 hours have passed since symptoms last occurred. He must test negative and have his return approved by a team doctor in consultation with league medical officials.

If he is asymptomatic, 10 days must have passed since his positive test—or five days have passed since the positive test, plus two tests that show negative results, for him to resume playing.

If this keeps some stars (or even someone important like a kicker) out of a game, I could see this becoming a problem too.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-07-28T14:11:39Z
Unreliable information can be an issue.

At my last board meeting the county health department administrator said that 5% of the tests show a false positive. He then said about 5% of the tests show a false negative. He then named a major Pharma company and said their test kits have a higher degree of false tests than other companies test kits. He didn't say why.

I have no idea which test kits the NFL uses.
Cheesey
2020-07-28T16:37:31Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Unreliable information can be an issue.

At my last board meeting the county health department administrator said that 5% of the tests show a false positive. He then said about 5% of the tests show a false negative. He then named a major Pharma company and said their test kits have a higher degree of false tests than other companies test kits. He didn't say why.

I have no idea which test kits the NFL uses.

Wow. So we are supposed to trust these tests as accurate.
So much for trusting the people that we think know about this disease.

beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2020-07-28T19:04:36Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Wow. So we are supposed to trust these tests as accurate.
So much for trusting the people that we think know about this disease.

Surprise!

PS: And don't limit that to just this disease, every test you do has a chance of false positive/negative. Almost no test is prefect.

And actually, I'd say 5% is pretty good compared to some of the other numbers I've heard. I'd take and trust that... though, for something as high stakes as NFL is doing, I might want two test.

But I heard one of the worst companies had one with like 40+% error rate, were no good US company that knew what they were doing, wanted them. But I'm willing to bet they still sold, either to people that don't know what they're doing, or 3rd world areas.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-07-28T21:00:57Z
We should all behave as if we have it. Be prudent, do the right things.
Cheesey
2020-07-29T00:48:00Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

We should all behave as if we have it. Be prudent, do the right things.

Thats kind of how I look at it.
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Four. Zero.
Cheesey (5h) : Hold old is ya, Zero? Are u a geezer yet? Happy Birthday!🎂
buckeyepackfan (5h) : Happy Birthday Zero!
wpr (5h) : HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZERO2COOL!!
Zero2Cool (14h) : I can't look day of games cuz I change them and get it wrong lol
Mucky Tundra (22h) : I orginally picked the Raiders but got cold feet after the Minny-Indy game+all the favorites winning this week :/
Zero2Cool (22h) : Why the wow lol
Zero2Cool (22h) : Picking Raiders, that a bad thing?? Or what
Smokey (22-Sep) : The Killers, I've heard better 70s garage bands.
Smokey (22-Sep) : Wow Zero picked "THE Raiders".
Smokey (22-Sep) : Wow Zero picked "THE Raiders".
Cheesey (22-Sep) : “Chucky” wearing a mask on his CHIN! Lots of good that does!!!😔😠
Cheesey (22-Sep) : Cheesey AND correct!😂
Smokey (22-Sep) : Cheesey, but correct.
Cheesey (22-Sep) : Man....watching the Saints game. Our D is going to have its hands full next week.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur says Davante Adams wanted to go back in the game late yesterday, but LaFleur told him to take it easy with a big lead.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : @PFF Jaire Alexander: highest-graded CB in the NFL through Week 2 (86.3)
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : @RapSheet #Vikings LB Anthony Barr has a torn pec and is out for the season. A difficult loss in a tough start to the season.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Geez. Sutton with ACL too.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : @RapSheet The #Giants confirm that RB Saquon Barkley has a torn ACL. He’s out for the season.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : @TomPelissero #Packers C Corey Linsley left Sunday’s win after spraining the thumb on his snapping hand, source said. Should be OK moving forward, but one more thing for Aaron Rodgers’ banged-up line
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'm pulling for the 16 and blank!
Smokey (21-Sep) : LOL
Smokey (21-Sep) : X3 ! A triple Wow !
beast (21-Sep) : I was coming to post, can you go 16-0 in pick'em this week! So many got so many right this week, but still 16-0? Wow
beast (21-Sep) : I was coming.to.post, can you go 16-0 in pick'em this week! So many got so many right this week, but still 16-0? Wow
beast (21-Sep) : I was coming.to.post, can you go 16-0 in pick'em this week! So many got so many right this week, but still 16-0? Wow
Smokey (21-Sep) : 15-0 looking for 16 in pick'em.
TheKanataThrilla (21-Sep) : Was so hoping the Seahawks would lose. Gotta have a pass option there.
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : Wild finish here
TheKanataThrilla (21-Sep) : I just discovered I liked the Cam Patriots more than the Brady Patriots. Still hate the Seahawks.
TheKanataThrilla (20-Sep) : Amazing final KC/Chargers
TheKanataThrilla (20-Sep) : Diggs is lighting it up in Buffalo. They are a well balanced team.
TheKanataThrilla (20-Sep) : I agree Zero to temper my expectations. Herbert wasn't supposed to play today. He is taking it to the Champs which is pretty impressive.
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Stefon Diggs had more receiving yards than the Vikings' whole team today
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : People said Sam Darnold was the real deal too. Now they saying he's bust. Moral? People need to give three seasons before stating such things. 😂
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : People said Sam Darnold was the real deal too. Now they saying he's bust. Moral? People need to give three seasons before stating such things. 😂
TheKanataThrilla (20-Sep) : OT Chargers/Chiefs great game. Herbert is the real deal
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : @AndySlater Sad news to report. Patriots' RB James White's father was in a car crash today and did not survive. His mother was also in the car and is in critical condition. White's father, Tyrone, wa
TheKanataThrilla (20-Sep) : Lots of Lions fans up here in Canada. Feel so sorry for them.
Mucky Tundra (20-Sep) : After further review, the Lions still suck!
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Lions are first team ever to lose four straight games with a double-digit lead
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Sources: New York Giants fear RB Saquon Barkley tore ACL
TheKanataThrilla (20-Sep) : Herbert playing well for the Chargers.
Smokey (20-Sep) : ... and the band played on.
Mucky Tundra (20-Sep) : after those two I think it's gonna be a long time before see another RB stick around as long as those two, esp with a similar workload
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Cowboys win. unreal.
TheKanataThrilla (20-Sep) : WTF Falcons?
TheKanataThrilla (20-Sep) : It is amazing that a RB can play that long. Gore and Peterson are amazing in their longevity in probably the toughest position in the NFL in terms of health
Mucky Tundra (20-Sep) : Frank Gore, who fell to the 3rd round in the 2004 draft due to durability concerns, will play in his 228th game. That's a new record for RBs
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

22h / Random Babble / wpr

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23h / Random Babble / Cheesey

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-Sep / GameDay Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.