Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Five years ago, the notion of trading Brett Favre was rarely taken as serious possibility by a vast majority of Packers fans, and maybe NFL fans for that matter. 2008, Brett was traded from the Packers to the Jets, even though Brett said he'd retire before playing for another team. That's neither here nor there.

There is some chatter if the Colts acquiring (earning) the 1st over all draft selection and using it on Stanford QB Andrew Luck. If they do, some feel the Colts should TRADE Peyton Manning. I initially thought this would be a good idea, then after thinking about it, not so much.

It would be better for Andrew Luck to sit behind Peyton Manning for a year or two, regardless of how well Peyton Manning plays to learn his work ethic and leadership and nuances of the NFL. There is no one better to learn from than Peyton Manning in my opinion. Sure, Andrew Luck could be a 3500 yard, 35 td 15 int QB out of the gate, but there is no question that learning from Peyton would raise his ceiling of potential.

Also, you are not going to get much in trade for Peyton Manning as he's closing in on 40 years old (currently I believe he is 36). Minnesota drafted a QB in the first round this past draft therefore the team that enjoys old over the hill QBs is likely out of said business.

Colts get 1st overall, use it on Andrew Luck, let him learn from Peyton for a year or two and prepare for life after Peyton Manning because he is not going to last forever, but the team is going to need to think ... future.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
Why is everyone so convinced that Peyton steps on the field again? I don't know to what extent his neck is injured. But it is his freakin neck. How many of you would risk paralysis? He already fleaced the Colts with his last contract (very questionable ethics there, Peyton); so he doesn't need the money; that is unless he has a gold digging wife like Screaming Lord Byron does.

I don't expect to see Collins on the field again, and if we do - he'll never be the same.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
Fortunately for the Colts, the contract is voidable after this year, but that won't soothe the pain of the $50 million in guarantees they already gave him.
UserPostedImage
Since69
12 years ago
I don't think he'll be traded either, but I do think Peyton has plenty of trade value, assuming his neck eventually heals. The Bears would probably sell half of Cook county into slavery for him...

The situation isn't really analogous to what we went through with Brent. We knew what we had in Rodgers. We were very confident that he was a better option than Bert at that time. The Colts aren't going to turn the reins over to Painter, that's for sure, and probably to Luck, neither, until they're sure of what they've got.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Why is everyone so convinced that Peyton steps on the field again? I don't know to what extent his neck is injured. But it is his freakin neck. How many of you would risk paralysis? He already fleaced the Colts with his last contract (very questionable ethics there, Peyton); so he doesn't need the money; that is unless he has a gold digging wife like Screaming Lord Byron does.

I don't expect to see Collins on the field again, and if we do - he'll never be the same.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I've never liked it when someone questions someone's ethics without knowing all the facts.

I thought you were taking about Kerry Collins, but you're referring to Nick Collins I presume? I suppose striking those extra keys to include the man's first name is too difficult.

I personally hope neither Peyton Manning and Nick Collins never play another down in the NFL again. I am not a neck or spine expert, but when that shit is messed with, I wouldn't mess around. I'd be done. There are many decades of life to live after football to be stuck in a wheel chair.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
If Manning never plays again, I would hope he'd do the right thing and refund the Colts a decent chunk of that guaranteed cash, which he signed for while surely having some idea his career might be in jeopardy.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

If Manning never plays again, I would hope he'd do the right thing and refund the Colts a decent chunk of that guaranteed cash, which he signed for while surely having some idea his career might be in jeopardy.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Similar to Nick Collins, he had the surgery so he could play again. The Colts knew what they were doing. I'm appalled anyone feels they should have money refunded. This is my opinion only, but I feel a lot of that contract was for past services and to retain his rights in the future.

The Colts did not have to offer the contract they did and it was their doctors who were evaluating Peyton Manning.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
I didn't say anyone should require Manning to do so. Obviously, the Colts took a risk and they should take responsibility for it. It's part of the cost of doing business. At the same time, Manning should feel some degree of ethical burden himself. In my opinion, the right thing to do would have been to hold off on signing the contract until after there was more clarity on his situation. (Yes, I know, he needed a contract to be on the roster this year, but he could have signed a one-year extension instead of a blockbuster deal.)

As for the idea that he was being paid for prior services, hadn't he already signed a $100 million deal earlier in his career?
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

I've never liked it when someone questions someone's ethics without knowing all the facts.

I thought you were taking about Kerry Collins, but you're referring to Nick Collins I presume? I suppose striking those extra keys to include the man's first name is too difficult.

I personally hope neither Peyton Manning and Nick Collins never play another down in the NFL again. I am not a neck or spine expert, but when that shit is messed with, I wouldn't mess around. I'd be done. There are many decades of life to live after football to be stuck in a wheel chair.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

[stupid]

Yeah, it's so fuckin difficult to go from Manning's to Collin's neck injuries. Go use your Nazi verbal masturbation on somebody else.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
Zero, empathy doesn't belong anywhere near Peyton Manning and only a Nimrod would send it.

Chaching Peyton - enjoy the booth. Now we'll have to listen to your annoying southern drawl for the next 25 years. I hope you join Mushmouth and Marino so I can totally not watch all of you at the same time.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (2h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (2h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

22h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.