dfosterf
12 years ago
I like Cobb. I like Driver. I like James Jones. I like Jordy, and certainly Greg Jennings. I never could stand that mother-fucker Colledge, and I wish the hell we could get rid of Bush.

This will be Donald's last year, he will retire. Guarantee it.

Now, let's move on. The wide receiver corps is not anything to argue about. With or without Donald Driver in that corps, it will remain the best in the business, EVEN IF COBB DROPPED DEAD TOMORROW. Do you realize just how deep our corps is, and how SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT that is- contrasted to some useless debate about who has the "top two", or "tandem" or whatever the fuck ESPN comes up with that week?

Friggin' Finley can hit the trail also, we will STILL be the best in the business. That Cobb pick-up was BRILLIANT, btw, BRILLIANT!

I'm killin' off (in theory) possibly the best TE in-the-making in the biz, a possible HOF er, and what looks like a "can't miss" replacement, and still say we are GOOD. This is not an arena we need to concern ourselves with, imo
12 years ago

If every player that missed two tackles in a game and gave up a TD were to be forced into retirement, the NFL would have a higher turnover rate than McDonalds. The TD Woodson said he got caught peaking into the backfield. And the two missed tackles, who were they on by the way? Was it some skinny legged easy to take down guy? I don't remember.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Is that what I'm advocating? That they force Woodson into retirement right now because he sucked on that series? Or are you blowing what I said WAY out of proportion? I was simply responding to someone saying "How many CBs can tackle like Sir Charles," IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING a game where he tackled pretty damn badly.

You people. I tell ya. I even said "Happy birthday," and called him "Sir," and you're still getting your panties in a wad that I pointed out that he's getting older and struggled last week. He even admitted to as much, as you pointed out. [aiee]
buckeyepackfan
12 years ago

Brooks retired during Training Camp of 1999. August 2, 1999. Training Camp was already underway, just like I said. Driver's first Training Camp. Here's the depth chart ahead of young Driver in Training Camp before Brooks retired-

Robert Brooks
Antonio Freeman
Bill Shroeder
Corey Bradford
Derrick Mayes
...and behind those 5... (drumroll please, for the #6 WR)... DONALD DRIVER!

And what the fuck are you even talking about saying none of them would make the 2011 roster? What the fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING? And even though it doesn't matter, you're still wrong. That was a talented WR group. Faver had over 4000 yards passing that year throwing at those guys, even without Brooks.

Brooks and Freeman are both Packer Hall of Famers, Bill Shroeder had over 1000 yards and 5 TDs in 1999, Derrick Mayes had 800 yards and 10 TDs, even Corey Bradford had 600 yards and 5 TDs.

Originally Posted by: get_louder_at_lambeau 

Tell me which guy between Shroeder, Bradford, and Mayes would make this years team instead of Jennings, Nelson, Jones or Cobb? I really want to know.

Other than Freeman, The 2009 wr's were a group of #3 recievers who Favre elevated their play, as he did with a lot of guys who played with him, hell but by then according to someone on this forum Favre was already throwing games so it really doesn't matter.

I'll tell you what the fuck i am talking about, there are leaders on this team and Donald Driver is one of them. Just because he has only caught 9 passes though 5 games doesn't mean he is ready to be put out to pasture or isn't earning his paycheck as someone else stated.

Drivers role has changed, he has become the possesion guy, the guy who catches that tough 6 - 10 yd slant over the middle knowing he is gonna get rocked, but he still does it better than anyone else on this roster.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dfosterf
12 years ago

Tell me which guy between Shroeder, Bradford, and Mayes would make this years team instead of Jennings, Nelson, Jones or Cobb? I really want to know.

Other than Freeman, The 2009 wr's were a group of #3 recievers who Favre elevated their play, as he did with a lot of guys who played with him, hell but by then according to someone on this forum Favre was already throwing games so it really doesn't matter.

I'll tell you what the fuck i am talking about, there are leaders on this team and Donald Driver is one of them. Just because he has only caught 9 passes though 5 games doesn't mean he is ready to be put out to pasture or isn't earning his paycheck as someone else stated.

Drivers role has changed, he has become the possesion guy, the guy who catches that tough 6 - 10 yd slant over the middle knowing he is gonna get rocked, but he still does it better than anyone else on this roster.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I have a very slight semi-understanding of "why" your post reminded me of this--- this is no diss, btw-- just a "stream of conciousness" kind of thing:

zombieslayer
12 years ago
Wow guys. F-bombs galore! [neener]

No need to get upset. I called people crazy who I happen to like. It was in jest. And the comment about killing everyone over 30 was in jest as well.

I do believe Woody will finish the year as one of the top CBs in the NFL. Yes, he missed 2 tackles. I saw him whiff too. But there's not one guy in the NFL who consistently plays 16 regular season games a year that doesn't have a game where he whiffs a tackle or two in a game. It happens.

Let's not forget, LT was the best LB I've ever seen. LT even admitted that Barry Sanders would drive him crazy because he'd have him wrapped up then Barry Sanders would disappear into thin air. Should LT have been cut?

We've played 5 games. Woody's got 3 INTs and a pick 6. That's pretty freaking good.

My man DD on the other hand, I'm worried that this will be his last year. Sucks. Big time. DD's a locker room leader and a big morale boost. But he's about to drop to #5 on the depth chart and as a team, we'd be better off drafting and developing a young stud.

It pains me to say this. DD's one of my favorite players. Ever.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
Of course, no matter who does or does not come back, or who does or does not go down to injury or free agency, Ted will still draft at least one WR next year.

[grin1]
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
dfosterf
12 years ago
It pained me when Sterling Sharpe had to retire.

Now, that one hurt.

He was "my"/ our shot, in any given game.

God, he was good.

So incredibly ironic in how he will not shut the fuck up now, lol

12 years ago

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Actually, I'm saying some of them would make the roster over 2011 DRIVER. I thought that I made it pretty clear that I think he's the low man on the totem pole on our roster, so he'd be the one knocked off, IMO.

As for that "Faver elevated their play" shit, hasn't that theory been pretty well debunked by now? Look at what Sterling Sharpe did in 1989 with Majik. Look at Terry Glenn before and after GB. Andre Rison both before and after too. Look at the guys Faver was "elevating" in 2007. They all turned out OK after he left. Even Javon Walker put up some pretty big numbers without Faver coming off his torn ACL before he ripped it again. Of course having good QB play helps any WR, but let's not act like no one on the field had any talent but Faver. And of course ANY benefit those guys got from playing with Faver was also granted to Driver, so you are diminishing his accomplishments right along with the others if you subscribe to the idea that Faver sprinkles some magic dust on scrubs and makes them play like stars.

What kind of possession receiver is tied for 6th on his team in receptions? What kind of possession receiver is 7th on his team in yards and tied for 5th in TDs? Yeah, I think it DOES mean he's not earning his paycheck so far, pretty clearly. He's the 6th highest paid guy on the team, and he's our #5 receiver.

Hopefully he has a big game coming up like Jones just did, and he shows us all that he's still got it. As of right now, he hasn't done that. His TD catch was pretty nice though. More of that, please. And no more drops. Prove me wrong, Donald!

buckeyepackfan
12 years ago

Actually, I'm saying some of them would make the roster over 2011 DRIVER. I thought that I made it pretty clear that I think he's the low man on the totem pole on our roster, so he'd be the one knocked off, IMO.

IMO you are wrong. We can argue all night long. Of course I appreciate what Donald brings to the team, sometimes stats don't tell the whole story, but I'll never convince some of you of that, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

As for that "Faver elevated their play" shit, hasn't that theory been pretty well debunked by now? Look at what Sterling Sharpe did in 1989 with Majik. Look at Terry Glenn before and after GB. Andre Rison both before and after too. Look at the guys Faver was "elevating" in 2007. They all turned out OK after he left. Even Javon Walker put up some pretty big numbers without Faver coming off his torn ACL before he ripped it again. Of course having good QB play helps any WR, but let's not act like no one on the field had any talent but Faver. And of course ANY benefit those guys got from playing with Faver was also granted to Driver, so you are diminishing his accomplishments right along with the others if you subscribe to the idea that Faver sprinkles some magic dust on scrubs and makes them play like stars.

What kind of possession receiver is tied for 6th on his team in receptions? What kind of possession receiver is 7th on his team in yards and tied for 5th in TDs? Yeah, I think it DOES mean he's not earning his paycheck so far, pretty clearly. He's the 6th highest paid guy on the team, and he's our #5 receiver.

The kinf that has been targeted maybe 15 times this year(just a guess, not gonna go through every week for an exact count)

Why doesn't Ted cut him now then? Your opinion is The Packers don't need him, I disagree, and I really could care less how much money he makes, obviously Ted and company thought he was worth it when they signed him to the extension. They had the chance to cut him loose, they didn't so I have to think Ted knew what he was doing.

Hopefully he has a big game coming up like Jones just did, and he shows us all that he's still got it. As of right now, he hasn't done that. His TD catch was pretty nice though. More of that, please. And no more drops. Prove me wrong, Donald!

I already told you my opinion on the so-called dropped pass last week, IMO it was an incompletion. btw, Donald has nothing to prove to anyone, just think if he was selfish like a T.O., and didn't preach "TEAM" to the young guys as they came up, sure would be a real happy lockeroom if everyine was crying "they weren't getting enough balls thrown their way"

I gotta go. C'Mon Ted, the overwelming feeling on this board is that we don't need Driver, Woodson, let me see if I remember right, Clifton needeS to go, Grant is a waste of money, and while you are at it Ted, GET RID OF THAT DAMN BUSH.

Doesn't matter what effect it has on this years team, just get it over with so everyone here can be happy.

SCREW 5-0, we need changes now!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by: get_louder_at_lambeau 

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
12 years ago

I already told you my opinion on the so-called dropped pass last week, IMO it was an incompletion.

Not even talking about last week. He had two or three drops before last week. I don't remember that one, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on it.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (15h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (16h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (20h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (20h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.