Mucky Tundra
3 hours ago

JA's time is running out. I am only looking at the 2025 draft at this time. He will be on the team next year or the Packers will take a $19 mil cap hit.
Since he will be paid more than $25 mil next year and over $27 mil in 2026 he is going to start.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Given the amount of bodies the team could use at the CB position and they won't have the number of extra picks they've had in the past few years, I was thinking it would be more of a two year thing. One guy early and one guy late in 2025+however they decided to go in 2026. Gutes got no problem using multiple picks on a position and even if the position currently has guys under contract for another year or two.

In addition, the team could potentially cut Jaire in 2026 with a post June 1 designation  and save $19.5 million. Since Jaire has played only full season the past 3 and already missed two games this season, another significant injury might have the team looking for an early off ramp.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2 hours ago

As of now GB is going to need a CB. Stokes will be gone. Nixon is a pretty good returner but not a boundary corner. Valentine and Ballentine are ok but They need a better option.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

See if you like this Mock better

Here is the BEEF!
 pff_mock_results - 2024-10-16T154701.751.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1.28: DT Walker
6'6" 345 lbs pass rushing penetrator, he has NT size, but he plays as the penetrating DT. And unlike some DTs whom rotate out a lot, Walker stays in most of the game like Kenny Clark did. Having over 700 snaps last year when a lot of starting college DTs finish seasons with under 450 as teams rotate them out.

2.59 CB Davis
6'3" 190 lbs, runs a sub 4.5 (good for that height), excels in man coverage and run defense. His grade has actually taken a hit this season as he has been struggling in zone cover. But with the blitzing that Hafley likes to do, our CBs will see man coverage and it's easier to coach a guy up in zone coverage than man coverage.

3.88 TE Warren
In 6 games, he's got 513 yards. Including a record tying 17 catches in one game again USC. 6'6" 260lb, runs about 4.65 (faster than Kraft), great athletic that's a natural hands catch (former QB), needs to improve blocking, but he plays with a very mean attitude, so they desire is there, just a lot of college focus on receiving more than blocking for TEs.

I think Gute would like to have a two TE system at times. Musgrave has tons of talent, but gets injured every season, going all the way highschool.

3.92 RT/OG Cornelius
Absolutely dominated at Rhode Island before transferring to Oregon and kept playing at a high level at RT. Some want to move him to OG, but I think that's mainly just because of his 6'4" height. But like Bakhtiari and Tom, I think he can stay at OT despite only being 6'4". But 315 lbs, and he can move some guys no matter which position you put him at.

4.118 CB Marshall
Florida has produced some qualify CBs but they have usually had one fatal flaw, lack of speed. That's not the case with Marshall whom at 6' 200lb has 4.42 speed, and you can see it as he has a lot of exciting athletic tipped passed. But even if he gets his hands on a lot of passes, don't expect him to catch the ball. Marshall clearly prefers man coverage over zone coverage, but he's much improved in zone this year. But probably will keep needing coaching up on zone in the pros.

4.128 LT Nelson
6'7" 315, 3 year starter for Wisconsin both in a power run offense and now an Air Raid offense, with tons of experience in all styles of blocking. Good at everything, but not great enough, especially with foot speed which could give him issues with some extreme quick pass rushers.

5.160 OT Crenshaw-Dickson
Started at both OT positions for 3 years at San Diego State before transferring to Florida and starting at RT. Also despite the jump in competition has seemingly had his best season. 6'6" 322 lbs.

This mock draft should help with potential FAs in NT Slaton, CB Stokes, CB Ballentine, OT Dillard... and maybe C Myers if one of them moves to OG and then Jenkins goes to Center.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
an hour ago

See if you like this Mock better

Here is the BEEF!
 pff_mock_results - 2024-10-16T154701.751.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1.28: DT Walker
6'6" 345 lbs pass rushing penetrator, he has NT size, but he plays as the penetrating DT. And unlike some DTs whom rotate out a lot, Walker stays in most of the game like Kenny Clark did. Having over 700 snaps last year when a lot of starting college DTs finish seasons with under 450 as teams rotate them out.

2.59 CB Davis
6'3" 190 lbs, runs a sub 4.5 (good for that height), excels in man coverage and run defense. His grade has actually taken a hit this season as he has been struggling in zone cover. But with the blitzing that Hafley likes to do, our CBs will see man coverage and it's easier to coach a guy up in zone coverage than man coverage.

3.88 TE Warren
In 6 games, he's got 513 yards. Including a record tying 17 catches in one game again USC. 6'6" 260lb, runs about 4.65 (faster than Kraft), great athletic that's a natural hands catch (former QB), needs to improve blocking, but he plays with a very mean attitude, so they desire is there, just a lot of college focus on receiving more than blocking for TEs.

I think Gute would like to have a two TE system at times. Musgrave has tons of talent, but gets injured every season, going all the way highschool.

3.92 RT/OG Cornelius
Absolutely dominated at Rhode Island before transferring to Oregon and kept playing at a high level at RT. Some want to move him to OG, but I think that's mainly just because of his 6'4" height. But like Bakhtiari and Tom, I think he can stay at OT despite only being 6'4". But 315 lbs, and he can move some guys no matter which position you put him at.

4.118 CB Marshall
Florida has produced some qualify CBs but they have usually had one fatal flaw, lack of speed. That's not the case with Marshall whom at 6' 200lb has 4.42 speed, and you can see it as he has a lot of exciting athletic tipped passed. But even if he gets his hands on a lot of passes, don't expect him to catch the ball. Marshall clearly prefers man coverage over zone coverage, but he's much improved in zone this year. But probably will keep needing coaching up on zone in the pros.

4.128 LT Nelson
6'7" 315, 3 year starter for Wisconsin both in a power run offense and now an Air Raid offense, with tons of experience in all styles of blocking. Good at everything, but not great enough, especially with foot speed which could give him issues with some extreme quick pass rushers.

5.160 OT Crenshaw-Dickson
Started at both OT positions for 3 years at San Diego State before transferring to Florida and starting at RT. Also despite the jump in competition has seemingly had his best season. 6'6" 322 lbs.

This mock draft should help with potential FAs in NT Slaton, CB Stokes, CB Ballentine, OT Dillard... and maybe C Myers if one of them moves to OG and then Jenkins goes to Center.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Tripling up at OT is interesting. I realize Gute has a panche for doing that but after taking Morgan this year it seems like a slight reach. I understand that someone is going to get moved inside. Perhaps Cornelius.
While they may well need to go heavy at CB using 5 picks at "two" positions kind of limits them from getting players to add depth elsewhere. But again this is the wwwwway to early draft so it's fine.
The consensus mock draft big board has Walker at #20, going to Bengals at 8. If GB can get him at #32 awesome.
Likewise Davis should go in the first round. If he drops all the way to the bottom of the second we better grab him.
Getting another TE is interesting. If Musgrave comes back healthy and if he meets the expectation fans have for him, do we need to spend another high pick on that position? I don't know. Taking Warren is the same as saying Musgrave is a bust. It's difficult to get the ball to 4 or 5 WRs and 3 TEs too.
What about Parker Brailsford at C Redshirt Soph Bama. 6-2 290. Take him in the 3rd round.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : New kicker is pretty damn good under 49
buckeyepackfan (6h) : Gute replaces a rookie K with a veteran career 81% veteran. Neither ever kicked at Lambeau. I guess it's an upgrade.
buckeyepackfan (6h) : Gute rei
Zero2Cool (7h) : 10 was taken. 8 was taken.
Zero2Cool (7h) : And they are correct.
beast (7h) : Packers.com has McManus as jersey #17
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers sign K Brandon McManus, release K Brayden Narveson
beast (9h) : I think they should have left gold in the helmet, like a gold circle around the G logo and gold stripe down the middle
Zero2Cool (10h) : the whit ehelmets make it worserest
beast (10h) : Is the warning about winter or warning about how ugly the uniforms are?
packerfanoutwest (22h) : Winter Warning Whites are being worn this Sunday
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : MVS released by the Bills
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : We have new kicker
beast (15-Oct) : Patriots sign Packers PS C/OG away, and Packers sign a FA OT to the PS
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Veteran K Brandon McManus worked out for the Packers
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Does that mean we can get him out of the broadcast booth?
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Tom Brady has been approved by NFL owners to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders
Martha Careful (15-Oct) : happy birthday Packershome. Thanks for building and managing the site.
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Getting traded from the Browns as they are currently must feel like being on the last copter out of Saigon
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Browns trading WR Amari Cooper to Bills
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Raiders HC said he might hit the field Week 8. Maye he meant DIFFERENT team field haha
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : There was a report his hamstring was better several days ago
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jets trying to trade WR Mike Williams
Mucky Tundra (15-Oct) : Adams hamstring got better in a hurry
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : NFL’s Troy Vincent says that returned kickoffs are at 32%, up from 17% last year.
beast (15-Oct) : 49ers have had two kickers get injured in one week while attempting tackles, first a sprain ankle, second shoulder popped out
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : 49ers are signing former Packers K Anders Carlson to their practice squad
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Davante Adams is ALREADY in the #Jets building following the trade news that just broke, per @DMRussini
wpr (15-Oct) : Thanks beast.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Jets land Davante for 3rd that could be 2nd.
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : I really thought they could pull off the upset. I was really wrong lol
beast (15-Oct) : Not our fault that you were the only one to pick Washington
Zero2Cool (15-Oct) : Cheaters
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
packerfanoutwest (15-Oct) : another Hail Mary for that bastard
beast (14-Oct) : If Josh Myers is going to miss a lot of time, I'd like the Pack to reach out to the Jags and see how much to get C Mitch Morse
beast (14-Oct) : Texans get one DL back from suspension, but a different one, a starter get a 4 game suspension
wpr (14-Oct) : Love is 2nd in passing TDs. Mayfield 15. Burrow and Love 12.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Love tied for Passing TD's?
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : ackers’ WR Dontayvion Wicks (shoulder) is considered "week-to-week," according to multiple reports.
wpr (14-Oct) : I tried to go against the board's picks a few times. It simply didn't make sense.
wpr (14-Oct) : Even with 13 correct picks I really didn't make up much ground.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Three people got 13 picks right this week with one yet to go
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : WTF
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : I read it was horrific injury. I worried maybe career, so broken tibia ... far less horrible in my eyes
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : Unless Hutchinson is an extremely quick healer and the Lions (God forbid) make the Super Bowl, his season is over
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : I looked up the recovery time and its 4-6 months.
beast (14-Oct) : Is it season ending?
Martha Careful (14-Oct) : I think we all have to remember that just because it's not a compound fracture doesn't mean it's not really bad.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Oct / Announcements / wpr

15-Oct / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

14-Oct / GameDay Threads / wpr

14-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-Oct / GameDay Threads / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.