Zero2Cool
2 days ago

Maybe the plan was to play Jordan Love all along.

Based on the Green Bay Packers ’ actions last week, it appears that injured quarterback Jordan Love might be closer to returning to the field than was previously believed. On Friday, the team listed Love as questionable for their Week 2 matchup with the Indianapolis Colts . Usually, that’s a sign that a player is truly 50-50 to play. On Saturday, though, the team downgraded Love to doubtful, a near assurance that he wasn’t going to play versus the Colts, which led some to believe that Love’s questionable status was just some gamesmanship from Packers head coach Matt LaFleur.

According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN, that wasn’t the case. Green Bay truly thought that Love had a chance to play against Indianapolis, despite the quarterback not taking a single snap in practice throughout the week.

Demovsky told ESPN Wisconsin on Monday  that “Love was really close to playing and that was not some charade,” citing a source. Last week, LaFleur said in a press conference that he didn’t believe that Love needed to practice to be ready to play in a game, which certainly fits in with Demovsky’s side of the story.

Earlier this week, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport stated that the Packers are eyeing a Week 5 return (versus the Los Angeles Rams ) for Love. Welcome to the sources battle. Good luck trying to sort out what the truth is right now.

Without Love versus the Colts, the Packers completed 12 of 14 passes with backup quarterback Malik Willis, who threw away one ball and was late on a wheel route on his other incompletion. Willis posted a high passer rating of 126.8 and averaged 8.7 yards per pass attempt without an interception. Still, it’s questionable if Green Bay can survive a second consecutive game while throwing fewer than 15 attempts.

Continue Reading @ Justis Mosqueda 

Justis Mosqueda wrote:

UserPostedImage
bboystyle
2 days ago
I say play him vs Titans. We cant afford to lose the easy ones with the NFC looking competitive so far.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 days ago
Rob is so dense. I can't figure out if he is really really dumb or if he is in pursuit of the ultimate scoop every single week.

Working for ESPN I am sure he lives in fear of being cut loose like Jeff Van Gundy, Max Kellerman, Keyshawn Johnson, Suzy Kolber and Jalen Rose to name a few that were fired last year.

Does he expect MLF to admit that he was pulling everyone's chain and come clean? "Yeah, Rob. You got me. I was feeding everyone a line of BS, hoping they would believe Love was going to play on Sunday even though we knew there wasn't a snowball's chance of it happening."

Of course the NFL would have to fine him for ignoring their cherished gambling injury report.

Matt was going to play the same hand all the way through. I'm sure the players didn't know for sure but Matt, Jordan, the doctors and only a couple of other key people knew. Unless they specifically asked, Gute and Mark Murphy didn't even know. And why would they want to ask? There's nothing they could do one way or the other.

As for this Sunday, Jordan is probably 50-50 this week. I think they feel that they can better Tenn without Love so they will roll the dice one more week. They will start off run heavy again with a lot of misdirection and sweeps to see if they can catch lighting in a bottle once again. If not, short quick passes. Keep the Tuxedos or Titans or whatever you call them pulled up close to the line and take a few more shots downfield.

I don't see Jacobs getting 30 attempts again but 25 seems likely. Unless he is injured still Lloyd will probably get a few more carries.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a day ago
I don't think LaFleur was pulling the chain of anyone. Even Elgton Jenkins said they didn't know who was going to start and it didn't matter. The game plan was run heavy to protect the QB. That's protecting an inexperienced QB or one with a bum wheel. I would not be surprised to see Jordan Love suit up this coming Sunday. Love is not a statue, but he's not Michael Vick or some QB that needs his legs as a weapon. His weapon is his arm, as we all know, of course.

The prospects of going 0 - 2 are not good. Especially when your division was 1 - 0. I think how things went down this weekend it has given the Packers some cushion to rest Love. So, while I wouldn't be surprised if Love plays Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised if he sits either. I can reason with both situations.

That being said. Titans have been stingy on passing offenses this entire season. ENTIRE!!!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a day ago
Ok. If you think Matt would only tell the full, unvarnished truth you are free to believe it. I feel he shades the truth in order to do all he can to protect his team and give them the best chance to win.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a day ago

Ok. If you think Matt would only tell the full, unvarnished truth you are free to believe it. I feel he shades the truth in order to do all he can to protect his team and give them the best chance to win.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I don't trust any HC solely based on their words solely. Nor did I say that. I'm saying Jordan Love was closer to playing than most are willing to accept. I said it after the game, and shortly after that I would not be surprised if he played.

My sound and flawless reasoning was he was walking without much limp the day after. Doesn't mean a TON. But the game plan we saw Sunday is what I expected for Jordan Love. So, I guess you could say I'm bias in believing the coach and players saying there was one game plan that would suffice for either QB because it's what I would have done.

LaFleur saying Love was "day to day" I'd say was gamesmanship. I think it came down to how he felt Saturday or Sunday in his ability to execute the game plan. LaFleur said Love has to be medically cleared and be able to protect himself. I believe those words to be true.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a day ago

I don't trust any HC solely based on their words solely. Nor did I say that. I'm saying Jordan Love was closer to playing than most are willing to accept. I said it after the game, and shortly after that I would not be surprised if he played.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You are making me work by separating all this out. Go back to working on your basement.

Zero sez: I don't think LaFleur was pulling the chain of anyone. Even Elgton Jenkins said they didn't know who was going to start and it didn't matter.
Perhaps I misunderstood you but this comments feels as if you are saying MLF did not and would not misdirect the fans. I think he carefully and cleverly choose his words to be sufficiently vague. It leaves him with a plausible deniable defense should the higher powers at NFL Inc called him to the carpet. In truth I do not believe there was a chance for Love to play last Sunday. Not only would he have to be released by the medical staff, she should have had at least the minimal walkthrough practice wit the team. Matt also said he could play without any practice of any kind whatsoever. (My words) yet that is not Matt's typical approach to injuries. Remember all the times Bak was "day to day" but he was still on dressing on game days?
My comment was that the team did not know. Jenkins can make his comment without reproach because he was not a part of the very small group of people that were in the know.

My sound and flawless reasoning was he was walking without much limp the day after. Doesn't mean a TON. But the game plan we saw Sunday is what I expected for Jordan Love. So, I guess you could say I'm bias in believing the coach and players saying there was one game plan that would suffice for either QB because it's what I would have done.

Zero wrote:

Walking in a straight line on a flat surface is a very good start. That is not football ready shape. Obviously you never said it was so R-E-L-A-X. He still has a ways to go before he will be released to play.
Yes the game plan was a dual purpose plan for both QBs. Still that doesn't mean Matt expected Jordan to be ready to play.
As I said, believe the coach if you want. I think he was shoveling SH@T. I mean lefts face it, if Jordan walking into Matt's office on Saturday and did cartwheels and backflips to show he was totally and completely healthy Matt would have started him. Thing is, Matt knew this wasn't going to happen. Believing the players is fine. They were in the dark too.

I used to be bias and have more faith in the words matt says regarding the status of an injury. But in 5 years he was always over promised and under performed. Always.

LaFleur saying Love was "day to day" I'd say was gamesmanship. I think it came down to how he felt Saturday or Sunday in his ability to execute the game plan. LaFleur said Love has to be medically cleared and be able to protect himself. I believe those words to be true.

Zero wrote:

Jordan is day to day because he is not on the IL. By NFL rules definition that is day to day. (Don't bother to look at all the rules, I am being dramatic, although only slightly.)
Technically Sunday would have been too late since the called up Clifford on Saturday.
Your last comment is correct. But it also shows MLF speaking out of both sides of his mouth. Or yet another way he can defend himself with the NFL.

All this points to my original comment, Rob Demovsky doesn't know how to vet a comment by the coach or he is intent on making suspect comments for the sake of clicks.

If Love returns after 3 weeks that will be fantastic. Implying he would not miss any time was reckless on Demovsky's part. I would be very happy if Love returns this week but I still think he will be on the sidelines again.

Oh by the way, my daughter in law is an orthopedic PA. She deals with injuries like this every day. Just looking at the tv footage, she said it looked like it was going take 3-5 weeks for Jordan to return. That was when some were saying 6+ weeks or season ending ACL.
What has not been said is this injury will probably not fully heal all season long. He may be able to get out there an play but it's going to bother him for a long time.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a day ago

Rob Demovsky doesn't know how to vet a comment by the coach or he is intent on making suspect comments for the sake of clicks.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I haven't really felt he asks questions that elicit many worthwhile answers.

I am of the belief Jordan Love was close to playing Sunday. I think he could have executed that game plan. It just makes sense to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays vs Titans, however, I think they have a much more fierce defense than Colts so I would probably force-rest him. We're 1-1 and beating an AFC team isn't gonna get us far, but another week of rest to destroy Vikings will go much further. IF I'm not being clear. I'm saying in the standings a win vs Vikings means more to the playoffs than win vs Titans.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
bboystyle (10h) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (11h) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Who did you try dumping Cooks off onto?
dhazer (13-Sep) : glad my other trade was rejected Cook has 28 at halftime lol
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Muwahahahah
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : I'll ride Jordan Love > Brock Purdy all day!
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Packers TE that you all say is being phased out lol
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Upper tier QB???
dhazer (12-Sep) : backup RB
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9h / Random Babble / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.