Announcement Submit your NFL Pick'em Week One picks for 2024 Season! Click HERE
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
a month ago
MLF said Jordan was going to play in the first preseason game but made no commitment about the next two games.

I have always liked the idea of the first unit playing at least a quarter of each game. It's not always the case. I remember about 10 years ago my wife and I were driving to GB to watch a preseason game. There was heavier than normal traffic on I-43 due to the game and also construction around Oshkosh. They were building a new bridge and adding a 3rd lane. We got the the stadium and were walking through the parking lot when the game started. We could hear the roar of the crowd. Aaron through a touch down strike on the first play of the game. I can't recall the WR let's pretend it was Jordy. As we got to our seats we were hoping they would bring the first string back out for at least one more series. Nope. They were done. The starting defense was done too. At least we could catch a few plays on the defensive side of the ball.

That said I was pleased to hear Jordan & Co would get a few reps on Saturday.

Now the injury report is coming in and I am not so pleased.
Tom may not play because he is still coming back from his torn pec.
Morgan has a shoulder issue. I don't know how severe but he would be active in regular practice for at least a week perhaps longer.
Josh Myers dad passed away so he needs to be with his family. It wouldn't surprise me if he is in Cleveland but family first Josh.
Jenkins has had a few nagging injuries. He had vet rest on Thursday so I suppose he will be on the field.
That leaves Walker as the only healthy starter.

I shudder to think what would happen if the OL was Walker-Newman-Monk-Rhyan-Dillard.

If the starters were only planning on going a series or two, sit them this week and pick it up next time.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a month ago
That's good. This kid needs all the reps he can get!!!
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
a month ago
Im all for Love getting reps in the preseason. Hes young and still hasnt taken a beating on his body(not that i want him to). The only time i would be against it is if he was in his 30s(injury risk factors are higher) or he is injury prone.
bboystyle
a month ago
Clifford is so bad. Pratt should be the back up.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
a month ago
We had a family outing today. My wife recorded the game. When we got home and pulled up the game on the DVR it was at commercial break. I thought it was a pregame segment.
Nope. It was the commercial break AFTER the opening drive. Sigh. Missed it again.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a month ago
I was sheetrocking the basement. 3%30pm hit so I went upstairs. Couldn't find it in NBC. Freaking Olympics. Finally found the game and it was 7 - 0 and Browns ball. Lol
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a month ago

I was sheetrocking the basement. 3%30pm hit so I went upstairs. Couldn't find it in NBC. Freaking Olympics. Finally found the game and it was 7 - 0 and Browns ball. Lol

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I thought they were talking about some other game from the past, lol

How the hell are we up 7? It took like a minute into a broadcast that usually doesn't even start on time.
Loved it!

I like to add a little bit of dawn and water to my mud. Makes it smoother. Just dont get greedy with the dawn, as it will have a tendency to crack down the road. Paper tape for me, that fiberglass is for soneone. I get great results, but I'm no two coater. Lucky if I'm done after three. Drywall sucks for non experts like me.First team offense did a mic drop.

Zero2Cool
28 days ago

I thought they were talking about some other game from the past, lol

How the hell are we up 7? It took like a minute into a broadcast that usually doesn't even start on time.
Loved it!

I like to add a little bit of dawn and water to my mud. Makes it smoother. Just dont get greedy with the dawn, as it will have a tendency to crack down the road. Paper tape for me, that fiberglass is for soneone. I get great results, but I'm no two coater. Lucky if I'm done after three. Drywall sucks for non experts like me.First team offense did a mic drop.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Yeah, what is that about? They actually kicked off at 3:25pm??? I thought regular season games you gotta wait about 5-7 minutes.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
28 days ago

Yeah, what is that about? They actually kicked off at 3:25pm??? I thought regular season games you gotta wait about 5-7 minutes.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Offense is so deadly they score before they even set foot on field.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3h) : It was a close one though
Zero2Cool (5h) : Gonna drop first game of season. And my QB is out for X weeks.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : Looks like you're doing fine to me
Mucky Tundra (6h) : Zero, why did you say your fantasy team is doodoo?
Zero2Cool (8h) : McCaffery is OUT. Interesting
Zero2Cool (12h) : Commanders cut Cade York. Wasn't he the guy some of you wanted in GB?
Zero2Cool (19h) : my fantasy team is doodoo
Mucky Tundra (9-Sep) : Rams-Lions with an anticlimactic OT but smart football on the Lions part
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : oh i misread the cap hit, it's even more than that lol
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : *$145 million cap hit
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : you have to wonder at some point if the Browns bite the bullet, cut Watson and eat the $145 million dollar bullet
Martha Careful (8-Sep) : please note the qualification "by the end of the day"
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : They did actually! Didn't catch the score, get back to me in 10 hours ;)
Zero2Cool (8-Sep) : Lions already played and won?
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : But yeah, meet the new Bears QB, same as the old Bears QB
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : Also, sarcasm alert
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : Naw that was all Williams, his *aura* propelled that team
bboystyle (8-Sep) : more good news. Caleb looks worse than Fields
Martha Careful (8-Sep) : and the good news department, assuming he returns to good health. It would appear financially we probably got a good deal for Jordan Love
Martha Careful (8-Sep) : it looks like we will be in last place by ourselves by the end of the day
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : And now the Titans are self-destructing vs the Bears
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : Titans are cruising against the Bears
Martha Careful (8-Sep) : Good One Mucky,! I am going to use that!!!
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : Notre Dame? more like Notre Lame!
Martha Careful (8-Sep) : it was great to see Northern Illinois upset Notre Dame at Notre Dame
Mucky Tundra (7-Sep) : I mean, they traded for Willis after a year and a half of Clifford, seems pretty definitive
TheKanataThrilla (7-Sep) : Do we with Clifford or Willis? You'd think Clifford has a better knowledge of the playbook
Mucky Tundra (7-Sep) : Definitely filing that under the "I'm getting old" category
Mucky Tundra (7-Sep) : Donald Drivers son Christian caught a TD pass playing for the University of Minnesota today.
Zero2Cool (7-Sep) : Packers QB Jordan Love's initial timetable for return is in the 3-6 week range, per sources. And there's some early optimism he could return
Zero2Cool (7-Sep) : Initial tests indicated Jordan Love’s ACL is intact. But there’s a wide range of outcomes based on additional scans, which will occur when t
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : QB Malik Willis will be the only backup tonight behind Jordan Love vs. the Eagles.
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Packers gotta take shot on first series of game.
Martha Careful (6-Sep) : Amen...just squeezing more juice out of the orange.
dfosterf (6-Sep) : The Peacock streaming thing is irritating. So many sports bars don't have Peacock, but often the person answering the phone will say they do
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : So, today is game day??
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : what?
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Well speaking of shooting themselves in the foot
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : INT might be the jolt they need
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Ravens shooting themselves in the foot
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Apple Pie. My favorite. Been a while
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Maybe pie still, but no whipped cream, ice cream or milk. Imstead, you get someone else's left over beer from yesterday to go with your pie
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Pie is good. You get no pie and fewer wins in fantasy due to being inflexible
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : I like pie.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Loved Gunnys. Never earned that particular rank. Neither did R Lee Armey from full metal jacket fame, but that is another story.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : He better be ready, willing, and able to kick everone's ass in a fight. My experience? They always are.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeants are some of the baddest men on this earth. I was never one of those, fyi
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Oh, no dout
wpr (5-Sep) : Gunny, like you I earned my stripes. I'm proud of em.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Try helping the elderly and they disrespect ya all the way home.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Random Babble / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.