Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Damn man, sorry to hear that. šŸ˜ž
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago
I empathize with your pain, Foster. Dogs are great, great animals and it's always hard to lose one.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

It pains my heart to a depth I could not possibly explain on this forum, but Maryanne and I were forced to put our most beloved dog Max down. I cannot begin to tell you what a hole this has left in our hearts.

He was such a good boy, all the way through to the end. I thought some of you would want to know.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Really sorry to hear this, Dave. It's the worst thing about being a dog person -- they almost always die before you do.

And I hear what you're saying about getting another one right away. I lost Happy way back in April, and I'm only just now contemplating getting another one (probably right after school's out so I have the summer to get him acclimated before going off to work every day).

So take whatever time you need to grieve. I don't give a damn what non-dog people say, you've lost a family member. You don't go out an adopt a replacement for a family member right away.

RIP, Max.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
Sorry to hear this. They help us a lot more than we help them.

I had to wait a while before I got a new dog. It took me a year or so before I was ready.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
how about this big boy? Caucasian Sheepdog/Doberman Pinscher Mix

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
12 years ago
Dave, very sorry about Max. Tis tough indeed.

As someone a little long in the tooth, you may appreciate this from one of my favorite actors of all time...Mr. Jimmy Stewart.

It is about the loss of his dog, Beau.
It starts out a little light, then gets to some feelings.

Cheesey
12 years ago
Foster.....i am SO sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one. I have been there twice in the last 18 years, and know how hard it is to lose your pup.

Right now my "third child" Seth, is 11 years old, and i can't even bear to think what it will be like if he goes before i do.

I know it may be hard for people that don't have pets to understand just how much love they can give you, and how much it hurts when they die.
Especially when you have to make the choice to put them down. We had to do that once, and i and my wife stayed there with him as it was done. It's been 18 years since that happened, and i still can't talk about it for more then a few seconds, or i cry.

So my friend, LJ and i know what you are going through and our hearts go out to you and your family.

Oh....and Vikesrule.....I remember that clip of Stewart, and i still can't watch it without getting teary eyed.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
I got teary-eyed, too, again. Thank you Nick, thank you all.

I'm going to western Ohio Wednesday to an animal shelter in the town of Troy. We have made the decision to go ahead and give another dog a new lease on life. He is another Bassett / Rottie mix. He looks alot like my boy doodle, when he was young. We've decided. 16 hr. drive for me, back and forth... a "How in the hell do you find THAT "breed" combo in this country?" šŸ˜± kind of thing. My wife did.

His name is blue, I've seen one pic of him, and he has the low-rider-kit legs like Maxi-doodle. I already love the the little guy, lol

I'll have to keep a close eye on him, he's a stray, which means he is very likely as not a run-away from home.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts... they really have helped.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
arf ruff arrf

go get him daddy.

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
We're home. 8 hours out, 10 hours back, the back in a constant snowstorm, complete with road coverage (snow) and a-hole TT-driver's flying low anyway. It was brutal, but this little boy is proving to be every-bit-worth the whole ordeal.

The shelter named him "Blue". He has a tongue that is about 40% blue. Yep, blue. We don't know why yet.

He is a very, very good boy. No accidents of the pee-pee or poopie variety at all, he is extraordinarily friendly and faithful, right from the start. I think we hit a major home run, and the idea that I had to go NW of Dayton to get him- in a snowstorm- well, it helps to honor the memory of my most faithful dog Maxi-doodle, in that we wanted a boy that was reasonably like him. This little guy is definitely a "small emergency back-up"*... Perspective-wise- Doodle on a big-league diet got way down to 125- Blue is currently 34, and I doubt he will ever hit 50. He is a tiny doodle.

* (Shout-out to Dave Barry, columnist and comedian... has two dogs, "large main dog and small emergency back-up dog."

I'm very happy, more importantly, my very good wife is happy, and so is my new boy Blue.

I think my boy Doodle would be happy, too. šŸ˜‡

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Thanks!
jdlax (6h) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (6h) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (8h) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship šŸ† with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.