dd80forever
15 years ago

Cassel was fighting for a job. Some other QB's don't have 3 years to learn the system. Others don't get to observe a first ballot hall-of-famer.

What's more pressure?

"mi_keys" wrote:

Cassel had 3 years
Cassel got to watch Brady

Every player getting their first chance at playing time is fighting for a job. If they don't perform they'll be dropped. The additional pressure on Rodgers did not come from some fans not liking him, it came from the fact that every single thing he did was compared to a former 3 time MVP, Super Bowl champion, and all time great. Cue Madden, "now here's a guy who when he ties his shoe lace he doesn't do it as fast as Brett Favre 'cause Brett Favre is great football and great football is about great football and BOOM tough actin' Tinactin." The conversations last year about injuries and needing a backup now that we don't have the ironman Brett Favre at the helm was evidence of this. The endless conversations about comebacks prove this. It is almost impossible to find a lengthy discussion of Favre or Rodgers without the other one being thrown in there and it ending up Favre's got a bigger dick, no Rodgers does. He is constantly compared to a level that at most 5 to 10 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have met. That's pressure and just because he says he doesn't let any of this bother him doesn't mean it's not there.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Ummmm yes

Thats why it says "SOME OTHERS" and not Cassel's name.
blank
mi_keys
15 years ago

Cassel was fighting for a job. Some other QB's don't have 3 years to learn the system. Others don't get to observe a first ballot hall-of-famer.

What's more pressure?

"dd80forever" wrote:

Cassel had 3 years
Cassel got to watch Brady

Every player getting their first chance at playing time is fighting for a job. If they don't perform they'll be dropped. The additional pressure on Rodgers did not come from some fans not liking him, it came from the fact that every single thing he did was compared to a former 3 time MVP, Super Bowl champion, and all time great. Cue Madden, "now here's a guy who when he ties his shoe lace he doesn't do it as fast as Brett Favre 'cause Brett Favre is great football and great football is about great football and BOOM tough actin' Tinactin." The conversations last year about injuries and needing a backup now that we don't have the ironman Brett Favre at the helm was evidence of this. The endless conversations about comebacks prove this. It is almost impossible to find a lengthy discussion of Favre or Rodgers without the other one being thrown in there and it ending up Favre's got a bigger dick, no Rodgers does. He is constantly compared to a level that at most 5 to 10 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have met. That's pressure and just because he says he doesn't let any of this bother him doesn't mean it's not there.

"mi_keys" wrote:

Ummmm yes

Thats why it says "SOME OTHERS" and not Cassel's name.

"dd80forever" wrote:

In the context of your posts I took it as some others as in not Rodgers. My bad.
Born and bred a cheesehead
mi_keys
15 years ago

Terry Bradshaw had it worse. For the love of god, his own COACH didn't like him.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

This is me acknowledging you Zero. It's okay, someone has heard you. By the way, I had heard some rumors of this I believe during one of those America's Game's series on the Steelers of the 70s. From my understanding Bradshaw is also reluctant to go back to Pittsburgh. What all happened and was he ever close to being run out of town?
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Terry Bradshaw had it worse. For the love of god, his own COACH didn't like him.

"mi_keys" wrote:

This is me acknowledging you Zero. It's okay, someone has heard you. By the way, I had heard some rumors of this I believe during one of those America's Game's series on the Steelers of the 70s. From my understanding Bradshaw is also reluctant to go back to Pittsburgh. What all happened and was he ever close to being run out of town?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Whew, finally! 🙂

From what I recall, Terry has NOT been back to Pittsburgh (unless he went back just recently) since his playing days. I don't remember the exact reasoning for his absence though.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"mi_keys" wrote:

Whew, finally! 🙂

From what I recall, Terry has NOT been back to Pittsburgh (unless he went back just recently) since his playing days. I don't remember the exact reasoning for his absence though.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

He did go back, it was recently, maybe few years ago however
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I thought so because that's how I first heard about his not going back there in a long long time. I thought it was mentioned because he was going back for something. I think his number retirement??
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
15 years ago

I admire the wisdom here on Packers Discussion.

I would just like to see if the forum members can name JUST ONE.

Just one "Young First Year Starter" as an NFL QB, who has gone through more bull shit, fish bowl-looking glass, playing field, locker room scrutiny, hell hole opportunity, to make a first time, first year impression, that put up the numbers and stats that Aaron put up last year.

I just want to learn here... I need to know who has gone through more, and came out better than Rodgers did last year.

There is a great deal of NFL Historical Knowledge in this forum.

So... Go ahead and make the list.

Serious... Think about it... Think about what Aaron has gone through, and name ONE QB in NFL History who has handled it better, and put up better numbers.

There has to be one out there.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

1. Every time I look at your avatar of Kevin Greene, I get scared, like nervous, like you're going to kick my ass.

2. Your question of who had to go through what Aaron did and suceeded is pretty much ridiculous. Nobody has been in this situation before, ever. Even Montana/Young wasn't like this.

Rodgers had 3-4 years to prepare for this day, get in tune with his receivers and the playbook, etc. Not too much pressure there.

Who is under pressure? Jamarcus Russell, Matt Ryan, Cassell and most 1st overall pick quarterbacks who start in year one with no chance to sit for 3 years behind a hall of famer and learn how to play the game.

Wanna call Rodgers a "rookie" or "first year player", be my guest. But you know it's BS even if you dont say it.

Please dont kick my ass for disagreeing with you.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

The difference to me is with those guys they don't get criticized if they don't play as well as a hall of famer. Just imagine if Rodgers played as well as Jamarcus Russell, this place would be a friggen mad house (not that it isn't sometimes anyways).

Also for the most part 1st overall QBs get to step onto the field as a "hero" with people actually being happy about them being there. Rodgers got to step onto the field as the "enemy" to a ton of the fans.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

Bradshaw's anxieties about appearing in public, away from the controlled environment of a television studio, led to an unintentional estrangement from the Steelers.

When team founder and owner Art Rooney died in 1988, Bradshaw did not attend his funeral. A year later, during his Hall of Fame induction speech, Bradshaw made a point of saluting his late boss and friend, pointing to the sky and saying, "Art Rooney... boy, I tell you, I loved that man."

Still, Bradshaw never returned to Three Rivers Stadium for a Steelers game. When the last regular-season game was played there on December 16, 2000, Bradshaw was with the FOX NFL Sunday crew, doing their pregame show aboard the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman, while FOX covered the game live.

Bradshaw expressed regret that he couldn't be there, but would later say privately that he didn't feel he could face the crowds. It wouldn't be until September 2002 when fellow Hall of Fame teammate & longtime friend Mike Webster died that Bradshaw finally returned to Pittsburgh to attend his friend's funeral.

In November 2002, Bradshaw returned to the Steelers sideline for the first time in 20 years for a Monday night game between the Steelers and the Indianapolis Colts.

In 2003, when the Steelers played the 1,000th game in franchise history, FOX covered the game at Heinz Field, and Bradshaw returned to cover the game.

dhazer
15 years ago
Well i always believed having alot of pressure on you makes you a stronger person, in sports you see your great players thrive under pressure, it's a motivation tool for them.

I'm not saying Rodgers isn't going to be great and i'm not saying he is but being under pressure is a good thing in my mind. How many of these big name college players come in and get handed starting jobs just because of where they were drafted and then end up as flops, they really don't have the pressure. Other examples is look at players in contract years they have a tendency to play better and why is that? The pressure is there that they have to perform well to get the big payday.

So with saying that all pressure is tough and there is no real way to judge who has more pressure. The ones i would say that have the most pressure are the guys trying to make the team so they get a paycheck to take care of their families.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
musccy
15 years ago
agreed stevetarded, etc. Terrell Buckley and Tony Mandrich were once deemed starters by the organization, but that doesn't mean they get a free career pass, you still have to perform. Aaron Rodgers still had to step up to the plate last year, otherwise Flynn, Brohm, and some FA vetran would be competing for the starting job as we speak.

Since Rodgers had a pretty good year last year, so many people forget the circumstances surrounding him. I don't care if he had 60 years to prepare. Probably half the fan base, in some way, wanted to blame Rogers for the 'untimely' exit ofof their hero, so he had to perform favre-like every single game. That's a $hitty situation to walk into.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (22h) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (22h) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.