HoustonMatt
15 years ago

I think it's different. You're buddy Robert isn't Aaron Rodgers and your buddy Ryan isn't Brett Favre. If Aaron is calling Brett, not just texting him, I think it's gotta be important.

If Robert just texts Ryan and says "what are you doing this weekend", it's not too important to where he would have to reply to him. If they were talking about something like the Favre saga and they were actually Aaron and Brett, I'd say that Ryan SHOULD reply.

Maybe Aaron wanted to talk about what was going on during the Favre saga and everything, Brett was too stubborn because Aaron took "his" job...

This is just my insight on the situation...

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I can't tell if this is a serious reply. For your sake, I'll assume you're being facetious. If it is a serious reply, I suggest you take a timeout from the internets and sports talk radio and go outside for a little bit. Maybe give some of your friends a call and go have a drink or something.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Cheesey,

I can understand your point of view about Rodgers being honest and telling "His Side."

Hell, I have been called a Favre Hater. I do not think I am.

When I made my first visit to Green Bay, I was surprised by what many of the staff at the stadium told me about how Brett was all about Brett. Hell, the guy who owns the sports memorabilia store on Lombardi Way (I have his card, can not remember his name.) told me Brett was stuck on himself.

I asked some of the staff at Brett's Steak House if the Packers come in.... They had great things to say about some of the players. When I asked about Brett, a look came across their face. I could see it. They would only say, we do not know? He has uses a back door and his own room he uses in the back but does come after home games and watches the late games with friends, not many team mates.

However, I still feel Aaron does not need to go there. For Aaron's sake and for Brett's sake, and more important, for the teams sake.

Brett was one of the greatest of all time, but so was Johnny Cash, and I am reading his Autobiography right now and he was a prick at one time like so many of the greats in their profession.

BRETT HAS BEEN A JACK ASS.

OK. Many will confirm that.

THIS IS WHY I FEEL... It would be a crime for him to take over as the face of the Packers after Bart Starr. Bart Starr is a class act, always has been always will be.

If the Packers still offer Brett that 20 Million to be the face and market this team the Packers will have Fricked Up.

Perhaps, they could do that 5 years from now... But not until then. The wounds are still too fresh, and the man needs to be put into a humble chamber until he is inducted into the hall of fame. Perhaps then he will really appreciate his team mates, the fans, and his opportunity this organization gave him.

BUT as a QB... On The Field. He is one of the best, ever, when it comes to guts and glory.

I am rambling... Sorry.

R.P.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

RP - No, what you're saying is very interesting. OK, name some greats and let's see who are stuck on themselves and who's not.

You named Brett Favre - stuck on himself
Bart Starr - Not
Johnny Cash - Stuck on himself

I'll add to the list...

John Lennon - Stuck on himself
Ozzy Osbourne - Not
Axl Rose - Stuck on himself
Jim Morrison - Stuck on himself
Jimi Hendrix - Stuck on himself

This can go on and on but my point is the majority of greats in ANYTHING are either stuck on themselves or Primadonnas. Heck, my hero General Patton was a Primadonna. Beethoven was a Primadonna. Tchaikovsky was an emo boy.

To be great, you almost have to be somewhat nutty. Don't you think having a concussion, barely knowing which way is up, and slipping onto the field against the coach's wishes, hiking the ball, and throwing a TD is nutty? Certainly. So is taking a wad of dirt and shoving it up your nose to stop the bleeding so you can continue playing (that's Johnny Unitas). Or how about biting off the tip of your finger so you won't get pulled out of the game (Ronnie Lott)?

Oh, another perfect example - may be the finest player of our time - Jerry Rice. His head is so big I don't know how he can possibly walk through a door. Owns every record in the book. Most TDs. Most total yards. Most all-purpose yards. The three most important stats for a player, Jerry Rice owns.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago

I think it's different. You're buddy Robert isn't Aaron Rodgers and your buddy Ryan isn't Brett Favre. If Aaron is calling Brett, not just texting him, I think it's gotta be important.

If Robert just texts Ryan and says "what are you doing this weekend", it's not too important to where he would have to reply to him. If they were talking about something like the Favre saga and they were actually Aaron and Brett, I'd say that Ryan SHOULD reply.

Maybe Aaron wanted to talk about what was going on during the Favre saga and everything, Brett was too stubborn because Aaron took "his" job...

This is just my insight on the situation...

"HoustonMatt" wrote:

I can't tell if this is a serious reply. For your sake, I'll assume you're being facetious. If it is a serious reply, I suggest you take a timeout from the internets and sports talk radio and go outside for a little bit. Maybe give some of your friends a call and go have a drink or something.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

What would be wrong if he's being serious???
There's a HUGE difference. If you can't understand that, it's because you don't WANT to.
It doesn't sound like this was the only time Favre paid Rodgers no mind.
And we are talking about 2 professional QB's that worked together, and there was a huge story behind it.
Plus.....what did Rodgers do wrong? He was asked if Favre reached out to him......he answered honestly, "NO", then asked if he tried to call Favre and he answered "Yes" then the follow up that Favre hasn't even tried to contact him.
You don't find that strange?
But then again we shouldn't........Favre admitted he never tried to really help Rodgers, it "wasn't his job". So why be shocked now that Favre doesn't want to talk to the "youngin'" that took what he felt was his.
Aaron Rodgers has no fault in this. He got drafted by the Packers, and has done what was asked of him.
UserPostedImage
HoustonMatt
15 years ago

There's a HUGE difference. If you can't understand that, it's because you don't WANT to.
And we are talking about 2 professional QB's that worked together, and there was a huge story behind it.
Plus.....what did Rodgers do wrong? He was asked if Favre reached out to him......he answered honestly, "NO", then asked if he tried to call Favre and he answered "Yes" then the follow up that Favre hasn't even tried to contact him.
But then again we shouldn't........Favre admitted he never tried to really help Rodgers, it "wasn't his job". So why be shocked now that Favre doesn't want to talk to the "youngin'" that took what he felt was his.

Aaron Rodgers has no fault in this. He got drafted by the Packers, and has done what was asked of him.

"Cheesey" wrote:

The only difference between my fictitious scenario with Robert and Ryan and the scenario with Brett and Aaron is that one got media coverage. But, whatever. I'm not going to belabor the point. Why anybody would give a shit about either scenario is beyond me.

I'm going under 5 pages before this thing is locked. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago

"HoustonMatt" wrote:

The only difference between my fictitious scenario with Robert and Ryan and the scenario with Brett and Aaron is that one got media coverage. But, whatever. I'm not going to belabor the point. Why anybody would give a shit about either scenario is beyond me.

I'm going under 5 pages before this thing is locked. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

"Cheesey" wrote:

And WHY did one get media coverage and not the other???
Answer that question, and you know why it's different.
WHY would people give a :xcensoredx: ?
Why do photographers follow Britney Spears, or any other celebrity around? Just to watch them buy an ice cream cone, or have lunch. Don't YOU have an ice cream cone or lunch once in awhile? Why don't the photographers follow YOU around?
Cause they are famous, and you arn't.
Thats the BIG difference and why "people" care.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
Matt, what I was trying to say was that Brett SHOULD have returned his call. I guess I got a little word happy lol.

BTW, I know that Ryan and Robert aren't real in that story.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Why do photographers follow Britney Spears, or any other celebrity around?

"Cheesey" wrote:

You mean you haven't see those pictures? That's why they follow Britney Spears around.

I'm going for over. It will reach page 6 before being blocked.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
TheEngineer
15 years ago
I'd like to know more about Zero's latest comments, if he's willing to share.
blank
dhazer
15 years ago
Ok i lied lol, Why is Rodgers so hurt wouldn't call him back after all he was happy he was out of town. Now answer me this a question a little off topic but was in the interview WTF was Rodgers doing at the espy's when it was Brett getting the awards? I think there was alot of little dirty tricks played by both the Packers (rodgers included) and Favre. Maybe someday a book will be written so we can find out some of the good details. I had ex g/fs call my house and i never called them back does that make me a jerk or is it maybe because i have moved on.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago

Ok i lied lol, Why is Rodgers so hurt wouldn't call him back after all he was happy he was out of town. Now answer me this a question a little off topic but was in the interview WTF was Rodgers doing at the espy's when it was Brett getting the awards? I think there was alot of little dirty tricks played by both the Packers (rodgers included) and Favre. Maybe someday a book will be written so we can find out some of the good details. I had ex g/fs call my house and i never called them back does that make me a jerk or is it maybe because i have moved on.

"dhazer" wrote:

What was Benard Berrian doing at the ESPY's?

The ESPY's are an award show. You don't need to be nominated to go. Aaron Rodgers attended because he's a professional athlete and was invited I assume.

As far as this entire topic.

Brett Favre not returning Rodgers' phone call is not surprising. I admire Brett Favre the player, but I think he's so competitive that his pride is hurting his judgment when it comes to the entire situation.

Hopefully in time both sides can get over everything.
Fan Shout
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.