MintBaconDrivel
8 years ago

You know, the Dolphins brought in a ton of free agents. And I know people were frustrated when they saw, — we had a couple of clients come in like [linebacker] Sean Spence and Josh Robinson the cornerback, these are two local guys that signed elsewhere. One of the reasons the Dolphins aren’t signing these free agents, quite frankly, is because they are very mindful of the compensatory picks.

So one of the things that I’ve said to the union is, ‘Can we get rid of the compensatory picks? Because it really does affect free agency. You know, if we’re going to have free agency, let’s do it where teams aren’t holding back because they want to collect on draft picks.’

I literally had teams say to me, ‘Look, we’re not going to able to sign this guy because we’re mindful of where we are in the compensatory pick calculations. We don’t want to be upside down on that.’

I will tell you that the Green Bay Packers, they won’t sign a free agent. Period. They’ll sign guys that were cut, that won’t count against the draft picks. They’re so mindful of getting extra picks.

Now this doesn’t matter if you don’t lose guys [in free agency]. But you know the Dolphins have probably lost more [free agents] than anyone else this year other than the Denver Broncos. … That’s something I’m competing against now when I try to get our guys signed.

Continue reading @JoBucsFan 

Drew Rosenhaus wrote:

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
The compensatory pick calculation *is* an argument for playing less in free agency. It is *not* an argument for
They won't sign a free agent. Period."

Or shouldn't be, anyway.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
The Browns are calculated to have two or three 3rd round picks because of the players they have lost and have not signed. That's not a bad plan for a team in rebuild mode. And if they ship out Joe Thomas for another 3rd or maybe a 2nd, that's a bonus.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
8 years ago

The Browns are calculated to have two or three 3rd round picks because of the players they have lost and have not signed. That's not a bad plan for a team in rebuild mode. And if they ship out Joe Thomas for another 3rd or maybe a 2nd, that's a bonus.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I understand and agree that teams that are in the rebuilding stage need to get as many comp picks as they can. Teams that are trying to break out from the pack of playoff contenders need to focus more on the one or two players that will put them over the top.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
Rosenhaus only cares because the more activity there is in FA the more money he and his firm make. He wants bidding wars for his guys. If daniels had been allowed into the FA market, look how much higher his contract would have been and how much more the agents cut becomes.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
PackerTraxx
8 years ago
If Rottenhaus want it, I'm against it.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Rockmolder
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree that that helps greatly in rebuilding. I barely dare say it, but the Browns seem to be heading in the right direction.

I wouldn't trade if I were them, though. At least, not if you're going to draft Wentz or Goff. Without an offensive line, they'll ruin their young QB like the Texans ruined David Carr.
beast
8 years ago

Rosenhaus only cares because the more activity there is in FA the more money he and his firm make. He wants bidding wars for his guys. If daniels had been allowed into the FA market, look how much higher his contract would have been and how much more the agents cut becomes.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

That very well could be, but I also think he has a valid point... because it's not just taking money out of his hands but also the FAs that they're not willing to sign...
But his "answer" of completely getting rid of the comp picks sounds like a mistake as well.

Of course isn't there a certain date where FA signings no longer count against the comp picks? (I have no idea when that is), but in theory they could just move that forward which would let teams sign players after that date without counting against the comp pick formulas. Say halfway between the opening of FA and the draft...

That way the player that couldn't get signed due to the comp picks, could then get signed before the draft. Of course maybe that's already the case and I don't know it... because I have no idea when the no longer counting against comp picks date is... but there has to be one right?

Also someone really needs to put pressure on the NFL to explain the 33rd comp pick given out... it's my understand the number of comp picks handed out (since they started handed them out) has ALWAYS matched the number of the teams in the NFL... so if their were 30 teams, then their were 30 comp picks... and since their has been 32 teams for years... their has been 32 comp picks for years....

And somehow this year their are 32 teams, but 33 comp picks... with the last one (the 33rd one) going to the Patriots... did the NFL change the rules? or the NFL giving the Patriots a free pick since they lost the case against Brady? or what the heck happened there? Why is it suddenly legal to have more comp picks than teams?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.