RainX
8 years ago
I mean if we're going to get back on the Fire Mike McCarthy bandwagon like a lot of fans did back in '08, might as well start complaining about the team's pad level again. 🤣
blank
all_about_da_packers
8 years ago

I'm not apologizing for him. The O looks all out of sorts. Watch AR's presser, those two are clearly not on the same page. I don't know what the hell we were doing with RC at RB for an entire quarter. I share some frustrations, just not nearly to the extend that you do.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I like your post, and I'll go a bit further: the only reason I have the tiniest bit of hope we can still salvage something on offense this season for our playoff run is because Mike McCarthy is back calling plays.

Conceptually, things Mike McCarthy is doing make some sense (and certainly make more sense than what Clements was doing). Take Cobb at RB for entire quarter - you want your best playmaker (and Cobb is no doubt our most dynamic playmaker) in a position to get free releases and you want the defense to show the type of coverage it is in early. Cobb at RB does both, and when your RBs are playing badly, with a Safety in Mays who has some shortcomings in coverage... I get why Mike McCarthy would extensively start using Cobb out of the backfield. I certainly feel we are in better formations and packages with Mike McCarthy calling plays compared to Clements.

One concerning part is, in fact, the execution. Week after week, it seems like it is not there; at some point we will need to conclude our personnel just sucks and can't execute. Each week I'm coming closer and closer to concluding just that.

But you raise something that is the most concerning: something is not right between Rodgers and MM. Maybe Rodgers isn't happy that Mike McCarthy has cut back on the freedom A-Rod had at the line to change plays. Maybe there are lingering hurt feelings by Rodgers for Mike McCarthy taking away playcalling duties from Clements. Outside the beat writers using their sources and floating out "reports", I don't know if we'll ever know what is going on between the two. But the two men need to get on the same page because our talent seems to not be good enough to win in spite of the QB and Coach being on different pages.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Aaron Rodgers is not happy because his receivers are not getting open consistently and he misses Jordy Nelson.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I watched something last night that I wish I'd see from the Packers and that was the Cardinals taking shot after shot down field. They were incompleted for the most part and still the defense had to account for it and that stretched them out. The Packers passing plays seem very similar to one another with little variation.
UserPostedImage
musccy
8 years ago

One concerning part is, in fact, the execution. Week after week, it seems like it is not there; at some point we will need to conclude our personnel just sucks and can't execute. Each week I'm coming closer and closer to concluding just that.

But you raise something that is the most concerning: something is not right between Rodgers and MM. Maybe Rodgers isn't happy that Mike McCarthy has cut back on the freedom A-Rod had at the line to change plays. Maybe there are lingering hurt feelings by Rodgers for Mike McCarthy taking away playcalling duties from Clements. Outside the beat writers using their sources and floating out "reports", I don't know if we'll ever know what is going on between the two. But the two men need to get on the same page because our talent seems to not be good enough to win in spite of the QB and Coach being on different pages.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

The execution is atrocious most notably with the WRs. We've been hearing since (at least) San Diego they need to execute better. 2 consecutive months of the same message and it makes it nearly impossible to hope for change from that group. I've given up hope on Davante for this year. I think he can still be productive, but he needs a reset that only an offseason can provide, his confidence is nonexistent. Janis is about a 10 year project. Jones is slower and stiffer than my pet turtle. Had a good game but not sure how long it lasts.

As far as Mike McCarthy and AR, he's been bitching to the press since Jordy went down. Last night he appeared to be bitching about Abby's playing time. As you said, tough to decipher what he's crying about, but clearly he's upset with the team, and presumably MM. It certainly comes across diva-essque...maybe warranted complaints, but not a good look!
nerdmann
8 years ago

The execution is atrocious most notably with the WRs. We've been hearing since (at least) San Diego they need to execute better. 2 consecutive months of the same message and it makes it nearly impossible to hope for change from that group. I've given up hope on Davante for this year. I think he can still be productive, but he needs a reset that only an offseason can provide, his confidence is nonexistent. Janis is about a 10 year project. Jones is slower and stiffer than my pet turtle. Had a good game but not sure how long it lasts.

As far as Mike McCarthy and AR, he's been bitching to the press since Jordy went down. Last night he appeared to be bitching about Abby's playing time. As you said, tough to decipher what he's crying about, but clearly he's upset with the team, and presumably MM. It certainly comes across diva-essque...maybe warranted complaints, but not a good look!

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I've been more critical of Mike than anyone, but if I had to choose between Mike and Aaron, I'd take Mike. I want to be more fundamentally sound. We've seen this season what Aaon and his cabana boy Tom Clements want to do with the offense.

It seems to me that a decent portion of our struggles is due to Aaron sand bagging the offense to make Mike look like an asshole. This is one reason I would bench him, just as I was calling for Bert to be benched in the '07 NFCCG.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
8 years ago

It seems to me that a decent portion of our struggles is due to Aaron sand bagging the offense to make Mike look like an asshole. This is one reason I would bench him, just as I was calling for Bert to be benched in the '07 NFCCG.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Listening to a replay of the Bill Michaels show now - they said the exact same thing. I don't know that I believe that to that extent - but I do sense Aaron Rodgers is spiting Mike McCarthy at times.

blueleopard
8 years ago
The Raiders are a better team than what their record and the final score indicated.

Last week everyone's extremely pleased to see McCarthy call the plays.

This week we're complaining that we only won by 10 points.

I get that the 3rd and 1 calls are pretty stupid, but you can't coach a player to run faster than has DB to get open. Jesus, guys.

Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

The Raiders are a better team than what their record and the final score indicated.

Last week everyone's extremely pleased to see McCarthy call the plays.

This week we're complaining that we only won by 10 points.

I get that the 3rd and 1 calls are pretty stupid, but you can't coach a player to run faster than has DB to get open. Jesus, guys.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

That 10 points doesn't count because the defense scored 7 of them directly and gift wrapped another 7. So really, the offense lost by 4 points. [giddity]
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
I've had the same complaints about McCarthy for some years now. Nothing to the point of wanting him run out of town.

Running game, or lack there of. One reason is design. Either they are in shotgun with a run/pass option so the oline needs to start pass blocking rather than driving the guy across from them so they are always on our side of the LOS. Also with design comes the designed run plays. There is no deception in the run game. If the run is to the right, the Oline all slide to the right, if it is to the left they all slide left. Once the Oline starts moving, the defense knows it is a run and where to go. There are no counter plays in our running game.

The other reason is lack of dedication to it. We always hear how a running back gets better in the 4th. Well the truth is the running game gets better because the Oline does better and gets more dominate over the Dline.

Passing game more recently has been lack of utilizing the middle of the field from the LOS out to 10 yards. To many of our passes are to the sideline or 10-15+ yards down field.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (18h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6m / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.