MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

GREEN BAY — Greg Jennings spent roughly 17 minutes — including having to call back after poor audio quality on his first attempt — doing a conference call with Wisconsin reporters at Lambeau Field on Wednesday.

Each week, the local media does a conference call with the Packers' opponent's head coach and one player each week. Here is the full transcript of Jennings' call:

(Rob Demovsky starts by asking, "How come you said the things that you said over the summer about Rodgers and this organization?") Ah, that's behind me, it was really (Mike Clemens, concerned about the audio quality, shouts, "What's that!") messing around with the guys. I have the utmost respect for that organization and the guys within that organization. He came out, Aaron said, 'Greg who?' [at the Wisconsin Sports Awards], so I was just messing with him with that.

Other than that, they know I know I had seven awesome years over there and I respect everyone within that organization. Those guys that are currently there, still have relationships with them and respect them the utmost.

(Packers PR staffer Sarah Quick notifies the Vikings PR person that there are audio problems and asks him to call back, which he does. Mike Clemens of SiriusXM NFL radio then asks Jennings to repeat his answer) Would you mind repeating (the question)?

(Demovsky repeats, replacing "how come" with "why") That's behind me but at the same time I have the utmost respect for that organization. I was just really razzing a little bit with Aaron, just knowing how he is and just going back and forth with some of the guys. It wasn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings. It was just really messing around initially and then everyone kind of blew it a little bit out of proportion. I have the most respect for that organization. I had my most successful years there and I still have relations with some of the guys over there and still have the respect that I had when I was playing there with them. Even when I'm not right now I still have respect for them.

(Do you wish Rodgers was still your quarterback) No, man, God has blessed me to move on from that. I've embraced my situation and my role here and my teammates here.

(What's it been like with three different QBs in six games?) Um, it's been a challenge but life throws you a lot of challenge, a lot of adversity, a lot of curveballs, and it's been no different. It's something that has been a humbling experience but it's been one that we can grow from and we have to build on.

(What are the challenges of the three QBs) Timing, getting in synch with the quarterback, getting familiar with what he sees vs. what just one guy sees. You have to deal with what three different guys are seeing, what they're expecting, what they're anticipating for the last four weeks. It's all about rhythming up and hopefully we can rhythm up with the guy who's at the helm this week and we can have some success.

(Do you have a sense that in being honest of your thoughts about Rodgers that you might be burning a bridge as a friend or a former teammate?) No. I'm not concerned about that. When you make comments and you say different things, again, if Aaron knows me like he's known me over the past seven years, then he knows I'm not one of those guys that wishes ill will on anyone or tries to stand out and be apart from the team. Hopefully he knows that. Again, I can't live in the past or what was said. I have to move on. I know and you guys know that he's a great quarterback. He's the best player in the game. So, (laughs), regardless of what anybody says, that's not going to change, and that hasn't changed.

(Did you reach out to Rodgers to tell him you were just kidding? Did you guys ever talk?) No, we haven't.

(Were there things you weren't happy about while you were here and you just never said anything until you left? If it was really just all joking around, did you take the joke too far?) I probably took it a little too far. No, I was happy there. Obviously there's things that go on throughout life that you wish would be different. But it is what it is. You have to roll with the punches. Obviously, on my end of it, I feel like there were a lot of things that were kind of manipulated to appear a lot worse than what I was intending for them to be. That's just, as a player, you have to watch what you say, so you learn and you grow.

(Rodgers went to bat for James Jones, as did you, and Rodgers also said after last season that bringing Charles Woodson back should be a priority. Were you disappointed he didn't do the same for you?) No, it is what it is. It is what it is. No. We went to bat for James, you know I went to bat for anyone in that locker room, but like I said it is what it is.

(Did you want to have the chance to be in the spotlight and be a No. 1 receiver, get out of the Green Bay receiving shadow?) Uh, no. I just, you know, again, when the offseason came, I thought the best decision for my family and I was here. From all of us growing, not just myself, not just being in myself but for my wife, my kids, um and then myself. You know I know there's some, I've talked to Randall, I've talked to, uh, those guys over there. Like I said with them, if I had stayed, I could have been overshadowing some of those guys, you know, not allowing them to flourish the way that I know that they're capable of flourishing. Randall specifically, I was being kind of like a little brother, and playing with James and Jordy obviously, they had had opportunities to shine. But to move on (somewhat inaudible, believe Jennings said "is the way") to allow them their due, it was time. It was just time. Like I said, I shared this with them. Same thing I'm saying to you, I've shared it with them. You know, had I stayed there, you know we would have been continuing to be looked at as a overall group, but they needed some attention individually. Specifically Randall because he was the youngest. And James and Jordy, they had been putting up consistent play for the past few years. So they were getting their due and it was time for Randall.

(What does this game mean to you?) (starts with quick chuckle) It means we need a win. (Laugh) We need a win, we need No. 2 to go in the win column. Bottom line.

(What do you think of your new quarterback, Freeman?) He's a great guy. He's a big, huge guy. He has incredible arm strength. I like his mind-set, I like the way he approaches the game. it's all about rhythming up and getting that timing down.

(You were here for Brett Favre's return to Lambeau in 2009, how much have you thought about how Packers fans are going to react to you on game day?) If Brett was the face of the franchise and they responded like that with him, I'd think I'm going to get a lot of boos. But I can't worry about that. No. 1, we're not playing in Lambeau this week, so I don't have to concern my mind and thoughts with that, which even if we were I wouldn't. I don't p lay the game thinking of what the fans are going to think and what they're going to say. There are going to be Greg Jennings fans, there are going to be Greg Jennings hate fans. It doesn't matter if I said anything or did not saying anything, or if I put on some other uniform, Greg fans are going to be Greg fans, and there are loyal packers fans, you've got to respect them.

(Is it important to you how you're viewed in GB long-term? Favre seems to be mending the fence with the organization, Ryan Longwell signed a one-day contract with the Packers to retire here. You accomplished a lot here.) I did, and like I said, I can't take away from that. When I left my wife and I put together a farewell deal, and that's truly how I feel. God has allowed me to move on and embrace a new season of my life. I can't complain about that. I'm embracing that with open arms. Do I still have ties there? Absolutely? Do we still have connections there? Absolutely. I still have a love for those fans and for that organization, absolutely, and the guys in that locker room. But I'm developing new ties, new relationships here.

(A late arriving reporter re-asks the comments question.) I just addressed all of that.

(If it was a joke that went too far, why not call guys then?) You see, that's between me and the guys. I did reach out to some of the guys and I still talk to some of the guys. So, yeah. Like I said, I've addressed that. That's over. It's done. I love you guys.

(Why are you guys struggling like you are?) "Because we're not putting together a solid four quarters of play all across the board. It's not a one-quarter, one-down, one-series game. It's a game you have to play for 60 minutes, four quarters. If you let up throughout any of that course of time, you leave yourself susceptible to defeat. That's what's been taking place. We've had success throughout the course of games but we haven't been able to sustain it, so that's what we're looking to do this week."

(So it was a joke when you said you liked the Twin Cities media better than us, too, right?) (laughs) "This has to be Jason."

("Yes, it's me.") "I like you Jason."

(When you got there you spoke highly of Ponder, what say you now?): I think he's a great guy. I think he's one of those guys that he has all the tools, it's just about putting them together on a consistent basis and getting guys to rhythm up with him around him and to make plays for him and him making plays for us. We have an opportunity to do something special and unique coming out of this hole, and Christian may be our guy to help us do that, and Josh may be our guy, Cassell may be our guy. We'll see.

(You 100 percent healthy now after last year): My body feels great. Last year was a tough year for me, not being able to play. This year, I've been able to play. My body feels great, and I'm just looking to fit in even more, embracing the role that I have and trying to make plays for my team.

Jason Wilde  wrote:

coltonja
10 years ago
I love the obvious homerism from our media. It's almost as if Greg attacked them when he attacked our guys. Their questions were honest and had a feeling of them being almost hurt by Greg's actions when he left. I loved it- especially Wilde's comment at the end. I'm really glad he covers the Pack.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Greg Jennings was a good player and a good person (seemingly) for the Packers. What he said might have been a little bit careless in terms of tact, but it certainly wasn't flagrant. I don't see any reason to hate him or boo him. I'm not gonna wish him well when he's playing against us hahaha, but no particular bad feeling either.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago

Greg Jennings was a good player and a good person (seemingly) for the Packers. What he said might have been a little bit careless in terms of tact, but it certainly wasn't flagrant. I don't see any reason to hate him or boo him. I'm not gonna wish him well when he's playing against us hahaha, but no particular bad feeling either.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

He's not pulling a Favre, by a wide margin, but he's being a little bitch.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nyrpack
10 years ago
hopefully he gets to enjoy a loss and sees nelson and boykin light things up on minny !! j
jimmy b.
steveishere
10 years ago
My biggest problem with Greg isn't really with what he said because I like when players speak their mind. I just don't like that it made him seem like he was basically a fake all the years in GB. He always portrayed himself as a super humble super respectful type of guy here but then the last year or so when he got closer to contract time and after he went to the Vikings he just started seeming diva-ish. That's fine if that's who he is but don't tell us you are humble and team first when your actions are all about "me".
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Porforis
10 years ago

Um, it's been a challenge but life throws you a lot of challenge, a lot of adversity, a lot of curveballs, and it's been no different

Originally Posted by: Gregorious Jennings 

Life? I think he means his quarterbacks.
sschind
10 years ago

Life? I think he means his quarterbacks.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

If Bob Uecker were calling the viking games. "Freeman back to pass, he has Jennings open in the middle. The pass...juuuuusssstttt a bit outside."

Yerko
10 years ago
I think Greg had every intention to mean what he said when he said it and there was no joking about it. Had he been joking about the Rodgers comments, he would have called Rodgers and said so himself.

Now that the Vikings have ONE WIN and just gave the Giants their first win, of course he is going to back track on all of his comments. He is just messing around now because he is finally realizing how irrelevant of a team the Vikings are and just how good he has it here.

I always laugh at his answers to what he thinks about Ponder as a quarterback. He says the same exact thing every single time.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
jdlax (5h) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (5h) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (7h) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship 🏆 with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.