sschind
10 years ago

I was literally fit to be tied when Mike McCarthy started running the ball to try to run the clock out. Then he decided to call some pass plays and I felt much better.

Originally Posted by: K_Buz 

It didn't bother me. Running is generally safer and the game was well in hand. I was watching a recording and missed the last 5 or 6 minutes. Did Wallace come in in the end?

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
no Wallace. GB ran the clock out by running the ball. Aaron Rodgers took a knee 3 times to kill the last 2 minutes of the game down in the red zone.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
10 years ago

I agree with you that this was great to see, and that it would be nice to see them with their foot on the gas a bit more. Good balance of run and pass. Granted, WAS is a shell of itself with RG lll still not fully healthy. I wish we did run it up, as I thought there was some dirty play by WAS. Lots of dirty play. Screw Shanahan.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

We were a late-game fumble away from 45 points - That would have been "running it up" to some people - at that point I'd consider it putting the game away. Anything more would be excessive and asking for injuries.
10 years ago

That INT was great!

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Until you consider they'd have had better field position if he'd have just let it drop. 🙄

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

sschind
10 years ago

Until you consider they'd have had better field position if he'd have just let it drop. 🙄

Originally Posted by: TwinkieGorilla 

It was what, 4 yards. Are you seriously going to criticize a defender for making that catch (unless the rolleyes thing means you were joking)

nerdmann
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: TwinkieGorilla 

It's true that it was 4th down, but it wasn't a long pass down the field, and the INT meant he also had the opportunity for a return.

Besides, dude just made the switch from DE, and now he's in coverage. Getting an INT is a huge prop for him. Ain't gonna bedrudge the dude.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
10 years ago

It didn't bother me. Running is generally safer and the game was well in hand. I was watching a recording and missed the last 5 or 6 minutes. Did Wallace come in in the end?

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Generally safer, in the way that you generally control the ball better when you run and generally turn the ball over more when you pass. Not when you have Aaron Rodgers with the weapons he has. Luckily Starks had a great day and the line did their part - way too many times over the last few years our idea of "running out the clock" has involved three 1-2 yard runs followed by a punt. You run out the clock by taking your sweet time getting first downs - the best chance to get first downs is by doing what you're the best at.
play2win
10 years ago

We were a late-game fumble away from 45 points - That would have been "running it up" to some people - at that point I'd consider it putting the game away. Anything more would be excessive and asking for injuries.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Yeah, I hear you. Kind of funny that taking their foot OFF the gas set a personal passing record for Rodgers, and tied a team record... But, he could have easily surpassed 500 yds, and could have maybe thrown for 600 if he wanted to. Remarkable day.

I was actually thrilled to see the balanced offensive attack and numbers.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.