beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
The Packers have a lot of talented players, and some teams (dolphins) badly need WRs and there are more former Packers guys out there running programs. (Joe Philban/Reggie McKenzie)

Miami has been actively pursing receivers in a trade, and Green Bay's James Jones is one of the players being targeted.

This Article  wrote:

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers traded one of the other WRs for a 7th round pick or something (because some other team will just claim them if they cut them).

And with Starks injured, Saine not showing much, and the other RBs not looking that special could the Packers use another RB?

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago
We could use a S or a CB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
lolleren
11 years ago
At this point we would most likely be trading for depth at a thin position, so if a trade where to happen, i would prefer to get an O-line with experience.
blank
nerdmann
11 years ago

At this point we would most likely be trading for depth at a thin position, so if a trade where to happen, i would prefer to get an O-line with experience.

Originally Posted by: lolleren 

We got Sherrod coming back.

Our biggest need is a CB who can play, imo. Although after seeing Shields tackle in this last game, I feel a little better about him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
I can see GB trading a player like Jones to Miami but it will be for a draft pick not another player. The teams that have needs for a WR are not the ones who have the players we need.

That means they could end up making multiple trades. One that move players and other trades where they acquire players. We shall see in a few hours.
UserPostedImage
lolleren
11 years ago

We got Sherrod coming back.

Our biggest need is a CB who can play, imo. Although after seeing Shields tackle in this last game, I feel a little better about him.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Our issue at CB is not depth, its starter talent material. At present we only have Tramon who has shown, apart from last year, that he can be a starter.

If there is gonna be a trade, I dont believe it will include starter quality talent, but depth back-up type of players.

blank
DakotaT
11 years ago
Shields will be the starter. He looked a lot better last night. McMillian beat out MD Jennings in my opinion and will play safety when Wood goes to slot.

As for a trade, who knows, but gossip rumors have us shipping Jones down to Philbin for a pick. I didn't see him on the field last night. I don't know if Boykin, Borel, and Gurley have shown enough in training camp to justify the move because Jones is a great insurance policy. We do have an embarrassment of riches at WR. I like that term - it's a term used by jealous people.

Another thing in TC that was impressive was the intensity of the play of the DL. Those guys all want their playing time, but I am starting to get the feeling that Raji dogs it a lot.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
If the Packers think they can hide Boykin on practice squad and are thrilled with Tori Gurley, I could see James Jones being shipped for 3rd or 4th as based on production of James Jones.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

If the Packers think they can hide Boykin on practice squad and are thrilled with Tori Gurley, I could see James Jones being shipped for 3rd or 4th as based on production of James Jones.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If they were to trade Jones, Gurley and Boykins make the active roster. That is the whole point. Borel won't clear waivers, but Dale Moss probably will be on the practice squad.

Jennings, Jorde, Cobb, Driver, Gurley, and Boykins. But is Boykins better than Borel?

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
I think the Packers could use another OT worth but teams probably can't get fair market value right now for them because they're such an important position and some other teams are in even more need for them.

Packers do need someone to step up as the starter with Williams at CB, but i think the Packers have good enough options there to stay put. With Shields, House, Bush, Hayward and maybe Ross.

Also think the DB depth is good enough with McMillian, Jennings, Levine and Richardson, only questions there is who do they cut? Because they also have Burnett and Woodson at DB... Richardson looks like he's last of the group but he's a rookie almost competing with them and showing more in his rookie year than Jennings or Levine did as rookies, so might keep him based on potential and not risk losing him.

Where I'm more worried is RB. An article said Starks isn't getting better, Saines disappeared and other RB look pretty average...

Also I wouldn't mind trading Jones, I like him as the safety net, but there are only so many passes to go around, he's in his prime, he wants more chances, it'd be nice to get a draft pick and keep the younger guys who'll also be cheaper and coach them up. It's a win-win as long as the draft pick is high enough.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (23h) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.