djcubez
  • djcubez
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Just from some tweets now:

AdamSchefter: Paperwork on decertification is all ready to go. Just waiting for final answer.

AdamSchefter: RT @AndrewSiciliano: Mort reporting NFLPA decertifies in federal court in Minneapolis

adbrandt: Decertification, as per @mortreport

MikeSilver:
NFLPA just applied for decertification. Antitrust lawsuit in Minnesota likely to follow. Fasten your seat belts.

SI_PeterKing:
@SI_JimTrotter: BREAKING: Union has faxed decertification papers to necessary parties, SI.com has learned.

adbrandt:
RT @richardjustice: It's on, baby! RT @judybattista: Union has officially decertified.

So now what the hell is going to happen?

Kind of off-topic but I was talking to my mom on the phone about the whole budget bill issue in Wisconsin and said "The NFL and NFLPA aren't really doing a good job of showing how collective bargaining is a good tool for compromise."

EDIT: Statement from NFLLockout.com about decertification.  For some reason my Firefox thinks decertification isn't a word.
djcubez
  • djcubez
13 years ago
Interesting tweet by Drew Brees:

MikeSilver:
Now THAT is a reliable source RT @drewbrees Not once have the players asked for more money during this negotiation. That is a FACT [via Twitter]

EDIT: More interesting tweet concerning what's going to happen in court:

JasonLaCanfora:
Judge Doty will be considering an injunction to prevent any potential lockout, as part of the Brees, Brady, Manning case vs. NFL, which ... [via Twitter]
JasonLaCanfora:
Will be aimed at challenging the league's anti-trust status. Likely looking at multiple court cases ahead [via Twitter]

I've never picked sides in this whole exchange but I really don't understand what the owners think they're doing.

Ugh, all I can think about is there being no NFL season. Court cases tend to drag on and on and on. With multiple cases this could take a while.
Tezzy
13 years ago
I am hoping the union gets blocked from decertifying the union, because it's a sham since they will just reform the union while they sue the NFL. If you want to decertify, then fine, decertify and play by your companies rules like the majority of employeed people in the world, or find a different employeer. I am not saying the owners and the league aren't just as culpable in this mess. Legally and through the justice system, this is not what unions should be able to do. Owners of business require protection as well.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/nfls-summary-of-its-final-proposal-to-the-players/ 

From first skimming over, seems like a good plan. I'd like to see what the NFLPA was proposing.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
13 years ago
NFLPA should of took the deal. Seems to be a fair deal, specially when considering that the next 2 seasons would still be a 16 game season.

60% more retirement money is amazing too.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
djcubez
  • djcubez
13 years ago

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/nfls-summary-of-its-final-proposal-to-the-players/

From first skimming over, seems like a good plan. I'd like to see what the NFLPA was proposing.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That does sound good but I wonder what they left out.
Greg C.
13 years ago

Kind of off-topic but I was talking to my mom on the phone about the whole budget bill issue in Wisconsin and said "The NFL and NFLPA aren't really doing a good job of showing how collective bargaining is a good tool for compromise."

"djcubez" wrote:

How is it even partly the NFL's job to show that collective bargaining is a good tool for compromise? If anything, they should want to do the opposite.

For that matter, it's not the NFLPA's goal either. The idea of collective bargaining is to get a better deal for the people who are part of the group, whether or not that involves compromise.
blank
djcubez
  • djcubez
13 years ago

"Greg C." wrote:

How is it even partly the NFL's job to show that collective bargaining is a good tool for compromise? If anything, they should want to do the opposite.

For that matter, it's not the NFLPA's goal either. The idea of collective bargaining is to get a better deal for the people who are part of the group, whether or not that involves compromise.

"djcubez" wrote:

I wasn't trying to make a point. It was just a stupid joke.
Greg C.
13 years ago

"djcubez" wrote:

"Greg C." wrote:

I wasn't trying to make a point. It was just a stupid joke.

"djcubez" wrote:

Oh, sorry. I didn't get it.
blank
macbob
13 years ago
Received an email from Roger Goodell today...

Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 8:32 PM
Subject: Letter from Roger Goodell

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
Roger Goodell

Roger Goodell wrote:

Fan Shout
Martha Careful (15h) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (20h) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (21h) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (22h) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
Martha Careful (14-Sep) : Wisconsin football stinks. OL good, Pauling good. all else MEH
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Jordan Love downgraded to doubtful for tomorrow's game
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Sean Clifford just got called up. No Love tomorrow. No shock either.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I know it's probably to mess with the Colts but I'm just huffing copium honestly
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : So you're saying there's *a chance*?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Packers officially listed QB Jordan Love (knee) as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the \Colts.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Confirmed concussion for Tua
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Yikes, possibly another concussion for Tua
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Who did you try dumping Cooks off onto?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

16-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.