Announcement Submit your NFL Pick'em Week One picks for 2024 Season! Click HERE
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
Troys hair aint pretty during a game either. All sweaty and plastered to his head.

Matthews' greasy look is because he squirts water on it.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Read the friggin' ingredients on a bottle of shampoo...expensive or cheap. You need to be a world class chemist to know what it all is. I think some of that stuff is used in the making of asphalt, weed killer, and probably 100 other items that are environmentally unsafe.

And we put it on our heads???????

"MontanaBob" wrote:

Expensive or cheap, the ingredients in shampoos are almost identical -- probably less than 10 cents' worth of chemicals that you're paying anywhere from $2 to $10 for. You're paying for the brand and that's about it. Hell, the only difference between adult shampoo and "ouch-free" or "tearless" baby shampoo is they put a topical anaesthetic in the baby shampoo to keep the baby's eyes from burning. From the first ingredient to the last, it's almost exactly the same stuff.

Not to mention there are innumerable (female) hormone analogues in most haircare products, which are increasingly being linked to reproductive defects in young boys.

Actually, unless you work in a truly filthy, hands-on job (garbage collecting or meatpacking come to mind) regular shampooing is one of the more pointless things Americans do. Americans insist they "have" to shampoo because otherwise their hair feels "greasy." It doesn't, of course, but they're so used to feeling light, frizzy hair that they think any hair with natural weight is "greasy." Yet it's the natural oils released by the sebaceous glands in the scalp that gives hair its beautiful sheen, without which our hair looks flat and dead, so we feel compelled to condition our hair to add back in some natural moisture. The problem is that the more we strip away the oils, the more oils our scalp produces to compensate. I know women who tell me they shampoo multiple times a day, because otherwise they have "greasy hair." Their bodies are in overdrive trying to compensate for the absurd amount of shampooing they're doing.

People in many countries only shampoo once a week or so, more to help clean the hair than strip the oils. As a result, their hair tends to look lush and flowing, without the frizziness so common in America. I encourage people to try the experiment for a couple of months and just see what happens. If you must feed the compulsion to put something in your hair, feel free to condition as often as you want.

I guarantee if you just give it a chance, your hair will look far better and will actually be easier to maintain. The body is pretty good at taking care of itself.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/news/Sports_Minute/23969987

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I seriously doubt CM3 uses Suave and Troy P uses Head & Shoulders. Both of them have hair too nice to use those crappy products.

If you want to have split ends, use Suave. H&S is good for your scalp but shitty for your hair.

Both of them most likely use salon quality shampoos & conditioners. Those 2 crappy products are FAR from salon quality.

(You learn a lot about hair products when you live in San Francisco).

Expensive or cheap, the ingredients in shampoos are almost identical -- probably less than 10 cents' worth of chemicals that you're paying anywhere from $2 to $10 for. You're paying for the brand and that's about it. Hell, the only difference between adult shampoo and "ouch-free" or "tearless" baby shampoo is they put a topical anaesthetic in the baby shampoo to keep the baby's eyes from burning. From the first ingredient to the last, it's almost exactly the same stuff.

Not to mention there are innumerable (female) hormone analogues in most haircare products, which are increasingly being linked to reproductive defects in young boys.

Actually, unless you work in a truly filthy, hands-on job (garbage collecting or meatpacking come to mind) regular shampooing is one of the more pointless things Americans do. Americans insist they "have" to shampoo because otherwise their hair feels "greasy." It doesn't, of course, but they're so used to feeling light, frizzy hair that they think any hair with natural weight is "greasy." Yet it's the natural oils released by the sebaceous glands in the scalp that gives hair its beautiful sheen, without which our hair looks flat and dead, so we feel compelled to condition our hair to add back in some natural moisture. The problem is that the more we strip away the oils, the more oils our scalp produces to compensate. I know women who tell me they shampoo multiple times a day, because otherwise they have "greasy hair." Their bodies are in overdrive trying to compensate for the absurd amount of shampooing they're doing.

People in many countries only shampoo once a week or so, more to help clean the hair than strip the oils. As a result, their hair tends to look lush and flowing, without the frizziness so common in America. I encourage people to try the experiment for a couple of months and just see what happens. If you must feed the compulsion to put something in your hair, feel free to condition as often as you want.

I guarantee if you just give it a chance, your hair will look far better and will actually be easier to maintain. The body is pretty good at taking care of itself.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

You got short hair. Have you ever had it halfway down your back? That's when you notice HUGE differences between $2 shampoos and $20 shampoos.

You did say something though that I've always believed - Americans shampoo their hair too much. I only do it once every 3 or 4 days. Some might say "gross" but we'll see who has healthier hair.

The oils in your hair are a good thing. That's one of the few things hippies get right.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Rams-Lions with an anticlimactic OT but smart football on the Lions part
Mucky Tundra (9h) : oh i misread the cap hit, it's even more than that lol
Mucky Tundra (9h) : *$145 million cap hit
Mucky Tundra (9h) : you have to wonder at some point if the Browns bite the bullet, cut Watson and eat the $145 million dollar bullet
Martha Careful (11h) : please note the qualification "by the end of the day"
Mucky Tundra (11h) : They did actually! Didn't catch the score, get back to me in 10 hours ;)
Zero2Cool (12h) : Lions already played and won?
Mucky Tundra (12h) : But yeah, meet the new Bears QB, same as the old Bears QB
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Also, sarcasm alert
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Naw that was all Williams, his *aura* propelled that team
bboystyle (12h) : more good news. Caleb looks worse than Fields
Martha Careful (12h) : and the good news department, assuming he returns to good health. It would appear financially we probably got a good deal for Jordan Love
Martha Careful (12h) : it looks like we will be in last place by ourselves by the end of the day
Mucky Tundra (12h) : And now the Titans are self-destructing vs the Bears
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Titans are cruising against the Bears
Martha Careful (20h) : Good One Mucky,! I am going to use that!!!
Mucky Tundra (8-Sep) : Notre Dame? more like Notre Lame!
Martha Careful (8-Sep) : it was great to see Northern Illinois upset Notre Dame at Notre Dame
Mucky Tundra (7-Sep) : I mean, they traded for Willis after a year and a half of Clifford, seems pretty definitive
TheKanataThrilla (7-Sep) : Do we with Clifford or Willis? You'd think Clifford has a better knowledge of the playbook
Mucky Tundra (7-Sep) : Definitely filing that under the "I'm getting old" category
Mucky Tundra (7-Sep) : Donald Drivers son Christian caught a TD pass playing for the University of Minnesota today.
Zero2Cool (7-Sep) : Packers QB Jordan Love's initial timetable for return is in the 3-6 week range, per sources. And there's some early optimism he could return
Zero2Cool (7-Sep) : Initial tests indicated Jordan Love’s ACL is intact. But there’s a wide range of outcomes based on additional scans, which will occur when t
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : QB Malik Willis will be the only backup tonight behind Jordan Love vs. the Eagles.
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Packers gotta take shot on first series of game.
Martha Careful (6-Sep) : Amen...just squeezing more juice out of the orange.
dfosterf (6-Sep) : The Peacock streaming thing is irritating. So many sports bars don't have Peacock, but often the person answering the phone will say they do
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : So, today is game day??
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : what?
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Well speaking of shooting themselves in the foot
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : INT might be the jolt they need
Mucky Tundra (6-Sep) : Ravens shooting themselves in the foot
Zero2Cool (6-Sep) : Apple Pie. My favorite. Been a while
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Maybe pie still, but no whipped cream, ice cream or milk. Imstead, you get someone else's left over beer from yesterday to go with your pie
dfosterf (6-Sep) : Pie is good. You get no pie and fewer wins in fantasy due to being inflexible
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : I like pie.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Loved Gunnys. Never earned that particular rank. Neither did R Lee Armey from full metal jacket fame, but that is another story.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : He better be ready, willing, and able to kick everone's ass in a fight. My experience? They always are.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeants are some of the baddest men on this earth. I was never one of those, fyi
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Oh, no dout
wpr (5-Sep) : Gunny, like you I earned my stripes. I'm proud of em.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Try helping the elderly and they disrespect ya all the way home.
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Ouch!!
Zero2Cool (5-Sep) : Improved your trade, Penguin.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Geezer smack talk. We have been reduced, lol
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Pot calling the kettle black
wpr (5-Sep) : Wild Cheesey. Just wild. Dfoster. put your teeth in dammit. You don't have to go through life gumming everything old man.
dfosterf (5-Sep) : am Gumby, dammit
dfosterf (5-Sep) : Trade offer up Batman. I
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Random Babble / Martha Careful

6-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

3-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-Sep / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.