Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

Obama is far from an idiot. You may disagree with his beliefs, philosophies and you may not like him...... but he is definitely not an idiot.
I going to venture a guess here........you think that Michelle Bachmann is brilliant..[/color]

"DakotaT" wrote:

Anybody that would think Obama is an idiot is plain a simple: a dumbass himself. Anybody that thinks ex Governor Palin is a cerbral assassin is also a dumbass. All Palin and Bachmann are is MILF for rich boys in need of the little blue pill. They look like what their fat ass wives should.

Obama was fucked from day 1 of his presidency with all the sabotage of the GOP. I don't take either side because neither side represents my interest in Washington. But my moral dilemma in life would make me side with the party that would rather help the poor than spit in their eye, regardless of my upbringing and current position in life.

"vikesrule" wrote:

1. Obama's policies and beliefs are idiotic, and idiotic systematically. That means he's either an idiot or a cynical manipulator of others. I'd go with the latter.

2. I had to Google Michelle Bachmann, since I pay little more attention to individual congresscritters than I do to other celebrities today. But having seen her pics now, I pretty much agree with Dakota. Where I disagree is with his naivete, shared by just about everyone here, that it is possible for a modern politico to have anything other than good looks going for them.

I don't know Bachmann's politics and I don't care. I'd be extraordinarily surprised if she had anything of value to say to me. But I'd probably look at her if she dressed in basic black.

The PC part of me realizes you shouldn't think of women as nothing more than sex objects. But the reality is if the woman is a professional olitico, it's a damn good bet she's got nothing else I'd be interested in.

Or, IMO, that anyone else should be.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

So, you are saying our current welfare and educational institutions...both owned lock, stock and barrel by the Democrats....have done anything to lift people out of poverty? Really? Poverty and illigitimacy (the strongest indicator for the next generation of impoverishment) are worse since the expansion of the welfare state, and education has failed the poorest and most vulnerable for generations. Not defending the Reps here, but tell me how the Dems have done anything to improve peoples' position in this world?

"Rockmolder" wrote:

You know what you'd have to do to get school for everyone? Raise taxes. Let the rich pay for the poor, if you want to look at it that way, and then subsidize school for students. Of course, you can attach all kinds of strings so that they'll actually finish it, but the fact remains that people who don't have kids will pay.

Now, I'd be all for it. How succesfull you'll be in your life shouldn't be decided by where you come from. Thing is, this stuff won't fly in an economy that's as down as this one is right now. We have some backwards, right wing political party leading the Netherlands now who actually wants to stop study financing all together and go with huge student loans.

Obama could push all he wants, but after that healthcare package, he just doesn't have the money to spend, the support from the republican senate or the ability to take another huge PR hit to put in an entirely new school system.

I reckon you'd be killing him for reckless spending if he did, anyway. Just like you're on his back now for not doing enough about it.

"digsthepack" wrote:

Sigh. Europeans.

School for all is such a nice sounding thing, isn't it. You do know, right, that mass education of the USA sort was designed to keep the masses in check, nice conforming little automatons who would be happy dividing their life into 50 minute bits and punching time clocks like well-behaved, efficient servants. People who can be manipulated with great ease by politicos and advertisers.

You are absolutely right that education is costly. If people were really interested in providing true education for all, the kind helps people take advantage of the real opportunities of the 21st century, it would probably cost 10 times that $15000 per student that digsthepack cites. (Actually, the real cost of education per student in the USA is far higher that 15k -- you have to add the budgets of all those schools PLUS the budgets of all those state depts of education PLUS the budgets of the fed DofE.) If you could figure out how to do it at all.

But to trust with the task the people who know nothing more than treating children like machines and making them into nice conforming little citizens content with consuming and persuadable by jingles and soundbites? People who use every opportunity to get their own kids out of the system and into private, expensive alternatives? That strikes me as ludicrous and insane.

IMO, the best approach to "public education" would be to:
1. Make "compulsory education" unconstitutional.
2. De-fund all "Departments of education".
3. Eliminate all property tax subsidies of educational institutions.
4. Eliminate all subsidies to higher education, including federal "financial aid."
5. And watch the flowering of educational alternatives that would erupt everywhere with the freed up funds.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
digsthepack
13 years ago
You capitalist bastard, Wade! Are you telling us market demand would create this new educational system??? Haha

Like I said, once most of my friends witnessed and experienced what we call "education", they were out within a short time. It is not about educating children as much as it is about money and power.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
13 years ago

You capitalist bastard, Wade! Are you telling us market demand would create this new educational system??? Haha

Like I said, once most of my friends witnessed and experienced what we call "education", they were out within a short time. It is not about educating children as much as it is about money and power.

"digsthepack" wrote:

Market demand would do what it has always done, create a profit for those who are able to fill and control the niche.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Market demand would do what it has always done, create a profit for those who are able to fill and control the niche.

"digsthepack" wrote:

And this is bad?
Rockmolder
13 years ago

So, you are saying our current welfare and educational institutions...both owned lock, stock and barrel by the Democrats....have done anything to lift people out of poverty? Really? Poverty and illigitimacy (the strongest indicator for the next generation of impoverishment) are worse since the expansion of the welfare state, and education has failed the poorest and most vulnerable for generations. Not defending the Reps here, but tell me how the Dems have done anything to improve peoples' position in this world?

"Wade" wrote:

You know what you'd have to do to get school for everyone? Raise taxes. Let the rich pay for the poor, if you want to look at it that way, and then subsidize school for students. Of course, you can attach all kinds of strings so that they'll actually finish it, but the fact remains that people who don't have kids will pay.

Now, I'd be all for it. How succesfull you'll be in your life shouldn't be decided by where you come from. Thing is, this stuff won't fly in an economy that's as down as this one is right now. We have some backwards, right wing political party leading the Netherlands now who actually wants to stop study financing all together and go with huge student loans.

Obama could push all he wants, but after that healthcare package, he just doesn't have the money to spend, the support from the republican senate or the ability to take another huge PR hit to put in an entirely new school system.

I reckon you'd be killing him for reckless spending if he did, anyway. Just like you're on his back now for not doing enough about it.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Sigh. Europeans.

School for all is such a nice sounding thing, isn't it. You do know, right, that mass education of the USA sort was designed to keep the masses in check, nice conforming little automatons who would be happy dividing their life into 50 minute bits and punching time clocks like well-behaved, efficient servants. People who can be manipulated with great ease by politicos and advertisers.

You are absolutely right that education is costly. If people were really interested in providing true education for all, the kind helps people take advantage of the real opportunities of the 21st century, it would probably cost 10 times that $15000 per student that digsthepack cites. (Actually, the real cost of education per student in the USA is far higher that 15k -- you have to add the budgets of all those schools PLUS the budgets of all those state depts of education PLUS the budgets of the fed DofE.) If you could figure out how to do it at all.

But to trust with the task the people who know nothing more than treating children like machines and making them into nice conforming little citizens content with consuming and persuadable by jingles and soundbites? People who use every opportunity to get their own kids out of the system and into private, expensive alternatives? That strikes me as ludicrous and insane.

IMO, the best approach to "public education" would be to:
1. Make "compulsory education" unconstitutional.
2. De-fund all "Departments of education".
3. Eliminate all property tax subsidies of educational institutions.
4. Eliminate all subsidies to higher education, including federal "financial aid."
5. And watch the flowering of educational alternatives that would erupt everywhere with the freed up funds.

"digsthepack" wrote:

I don't get half your post, but I'm going to give it a shot, anyway. Must be my lowly European education.

Anyway, isn't that what schools are for? Making those people into the drones you describe? What the hell are we anyway in the bigger scheme of things? Individuality is overrated. Most people care very little for the individual behind their accountant, lawyer, jurist, mechanic, painter etc. I don't know what you have in mind here. Some kind of school that sends out free thinkers into the open world who start revolutions and create a huge uprising or something?

Anyway, I know that schools are horribly expensive. Hence the subsidizing part. Want to know how much I pay per year for higher education? 1.670,-. Of course, that's without books and all, but still. I think that, with all the students together, we don't even cover the cost of one teacher. With study financing and a part time job, I can get through school. Of course, all they'll make of me is an accountant with a green belt wrapped around my mind.

I'd love to see what the alternatives are in your scenario, though. I mean, even tax-free Kuwait has a socialized educational system, aimed at free education for everyone. The last time that education was in the hands of pure supply and demand, the rich got richer and the poor were stuck in dead-end jobs.

The underlying message, though, is again one of a romanticized fight against the big fascist government. Maybe the government stole your high school sweetheart or something.
Pack93z
13 years ago
Sigh.

Another finger pointing thread blaming one side of the political aisle verses the other.

Simple point of it all is this, I was on my last thread of patience with the government in the last Bush term and held out hope that we hit bottom and maybe change would right the ship. And I have this feeling of being letdown to this point of the latest tenure.

Until someone walks into Washington with the citizen's interests first, abolishes the lobbyist system that corrupts any productive government and starts to act fiscally responsible overall.. I hold out little hope for the establishment of the President, House and Congress as a whole.

Sure that is a simplistic look at the problems overall.. but until special interest groups are walked out of the process.. it is doomed for the overall good of the masses.

The only difference in the end between the two parties is where they spend our dollars.. but neither party looks at it with a responsible eye.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
digsthepack
13 years ago
Mass...if by "filling and controlling a niche" you mean providing a decent education that satisfies both the parent and the student, then hell yes!

Beautiful thing about private industry, if you don't deliver the goods, you go away, and there are other options available to the consumer. The public/government school system does not afford that, and I find it amazing you can defend the status quo on our current education model given its miserable performance, especially in urban areas, over the decades.

Funny, the Dems/Left...and let me remind you, I respect nor endorse neither party....always hides behind children to get their policies enacted...you know, "for the children". And yet, the schools which are run by their biggest contributor in the teachers union(s) are failing across the board. If these people are all about the children, they would betray the money and influence of the teachers unions and reform education....but they steadfastluy refuse to at every turn.
Pack93z
13 years ago

"digsthepack" wrote:

The simple point is this.. there should be a safety net in place for those in this country that "truly" need it in the form of welfare. This country has too large of a cash flow overall to all any citizen truly in need to be left at the wayside.

Instead the issue is cleaning up whom is receiving benefits and getting people off them in a timely manner if possible. I would wager the a good deal of those drawing benefits could and should be working within society and not dragging the system down overall.

It is nothing to see people drawing benefits, yet being able to hunt, fish, play and drink just as capably as any other member of the working society of this country. Yet when it is time to punch the clock they suddenly have some medical or physical issue that prevents them from you know working.

It isn't the ideal of protecting the down that is incorrect, it is the inability to properly kick those that are bilking the system off them.

It is nothing different then in any other sector of government and society.. it is simply greed driven with as little effort as possible.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
digsthepack
13 years ago
That is my point exactly, 93. My former Section 8 neighbor (subsidized housing welfare queen for those not in the know) BRAGGED how she worked the system for approx. $36,000 per year, all combined with housing, medical, child benefits, food stamps, and general assistance. That is about $54,000 to you and me before taxes. Help those truly in need, and clear the rolls of the parasites...who would then have a choice to "do the jobs Americans won't do" or find their lives turned upside down.

Rock...individuality is overrated? Well, that is what distinguishes us from most Europeans...and I am mighty proud of that fact. Once we treat and reward all the same for different levels of performance and skill, industriousness and innovation stagnate and die. I mean, the large welfare state (relative to that ofthe U.S....for now at least) of many European countries have created sloth and dependence, and are proving increasingly unsustainable. I don't honestly know how you can defend that mindset?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (23h) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.