gbpfan
13 years ago
i was playing couch potato coach and at the time felt i was better than m.m because i'm not sure what part of the game he was looking confused as to what play to call seemed nothing was working just didn't like the look but a win is a win they played a food hard football game,i'm always upset when the game is on and it seems like we are in trouble,but you can also hear me when they are doing something good and boy they were good yesterday.
13 years ago
It seemed like the wind played a part also
UserPostedImage
13 years ago

Is Nerdmann Twink in disguise????

"flep" wrote:

nah, but i do kinda agree that our offense has had multiple dicks up its ass this season. *shrugs*

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Felipe7777777
13 years ago

[quote="Finley88Beast"]you might want to consider smoking some marijuana. I heard it works wonders for chronic depression.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

haha! I see what you did there!

anyway...

whoever bitches about this win really needs to evaluate the way they watch sports, hopefully all he looked at was the boxscore and nothing more because if he actually watched the game that's just sad I guess people just don't understand simple things like good defenses and gameplans...either way I'm sure this team's offense will pick it up either next week or after the bye just in time for the stretch run so I'm not too worried, these drops by the receivers is kind of concerning but we shall see how that evolves....so this original thread=suckage
blank
warhawk
13 years ago
We went and played one of the top two or three defenses in the league at their place with two weeks off. A week off in this league is HUGE.

Everybody gets their legs back and injured players heal.

A good team with two weeks off AND getting a home game SHOULD NOT lose and I would be about willing to bet that no 5-1 team playing at home off a bye has EVER been shut out.

What happened Sunday just don't happen in this league and the fact their D showed up and played excellent doesn't mean our offense played horrible.

They had all the cards and we blistered their butts. Period.
"The train is leaving the station."
ILikeThePackers39
13 years ago

We went and played one of the top two or three defenses in the league at their place with two weeks off. A week off in this league is HUGE.

Everybody gets their legs back and injured players heal.

A good team with two weeks off AND getting a home game SHOULD NOT lose and I would be about willing to bet that no 5-1 team playing at home off a bye has EVER been shut out.

What happened Sunday just don't happen in this league and the fact their D showed up and played excellent doesn't mean our offense played horrible.

They had all the cards and we blistered their butts. Period.

"warhawk" wrote:

A hearty +1 for that. I'm sick to death of teams suddenly turning to mud once the Packers beat them. Before they're great teams - the Pack beats them and instantly they're not all that good. Sanchez prior to the Packer game = great young QB, really taking care of the ball. Sanchez after the loss = not very good. Gimme a break, and more importantly, give the Packers some damn credit for playing one hell of a game.
blank
nerdmann
13 years ago

5-3 with the 1 - 6 'Boys coming to town then the bye week.
Packers go on to win division and/or make play-offs, this will be the game a lot of people will look back on and say "The turnaround began that day"

Someday, sometime, I truly hope The Packers as a team playe "The Perfect Game" just so I can come here and laugh at those who are never satisfied!!! :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

WHAT A WIN!!!!!!!! GO PACK!!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

The problem with Mike McCarthy is that his teams always need that "turnaround." They never show up ready to play on day 1.
And btw, this may be a turnaround game, but it sure didn't look like it on offense. The offense has yet to show up this season.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

And btw, this may be a turnaround game, but it sure didn't look like it on offense. The offense has yet to show up this season.

"nerdmann" wrote:

Being frank, this is a valid point. Although, I think it's more appropriate to say the offense has been struggling the past few weeks (showed up against Buffalo, Chicago, and Minny despite not producing as many points as it could have).

Getting over the high of the win yesterday, it's plainly obvious that when our offense struggles, it struggles very badly. It's not so much our inconsistency like it was last year, it's a total inability to get anything going.

It looks like the Jets D played the pass first, basically dropping 7-8 players in coverage most times and playing Cover 1 underneath with 2 deep safties. It's tough to consistently make completions against a team as talented as the Jets when they are covering people like that.

But here is the thing, McCarthy could have had some success running the ball. Yes, B-Jack was really poor if you take away his longest run at the end of the first half. But notice where B-Jack had success with that run: he got to the outside and had a nice run along the sideline.

I guess I'm beginning to think that if we had any decent speed at RB, we've got the ability to extend runs to the outside. You've got corners playing man with their backs to the LOS, and that should give you some good space to get positive yards if your RBs could beat LBs to the outside. Ours can't.

I'm also beginning to think Ted has let McCarthy down by giving him no RB with respectable speed after Grant. Jackson or Kuhn cannot consistently get outside of the pocket.

Yes our offense is struggling, but I don't think you can blame it all on McCarthy. It's be easier to make defenses more honest if they had to worry about giving up explosive runs. They don't. I'm leaning towards blaming Ted for our shortcomings more than McCarthy (who is not completely blame free in this either).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Yerko
13 years ago
Oh man...I can't believe this.

The Packers go into the Meadowlands against a FRESH, off the bye week and HEALTHY top defense in the NFL and WIN 9-0 and there are unhappy people?

Why would you want to bench Rodgers? Is it because you think Flynn can play better? Do you think the receivers would catch Flynn's passes better than Rodgers since they have recently dropped a ton?

Then, our injured defense stopped a pretty damn good offense. I am puzzled by this thread. Now Packers fans aren't happy with a win, the only SHUT OUT win this week.

Sorry is you beat the Jets 56-10 in Madden on rookie.

*Edit* Check that...only shut out of the season so far!
UserPostedImage
dhpackr
13 years ago
IMO, Rodgers has played terrible this season. He looks lost, his throws are way off the mark, his win loss record for games he is losing in the 4th quarter is horrendous, he has at least 4 ints in the red zone this year, and plenty of people in sports are talking about it.

When I listen to Milw sports radio, Milw sports talk shows, and friends and family, everyone is taking notice of Aaron Rodgers play this year.

You can not deny #12 is having a down year, if he matches his first half totals, he'll finish with.........

24 td 18 int 4022 yards, I do not think those numbers will make the playoffs, especially if rodgers continues to turn the ball over in the red zone at least once a game.

during the bye week, rodgers needs to be practicing timing with his wr crew.

Rodgers needs a big game, gain some confidence, get these young wr some experience.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (16h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (16h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.