RedSoxExcel
14 years ago

He said the same thing about the 2007 Packers. Its no big deal.

"IronMan" wrote:

Exactly, how many people were up in arms then saying "thats disrespectful to the 1996 Packers". If you did, then yes, you should complain about this too. But I bet most people thought it was a good move to try to give them some confidence.
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago

He said the same thing about the 2007 Packers. Its no big deal.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Exactly, how many people were up in arms then saying "thats disrespectful to the 1996 Packers". If you did, then yes, you should complain about this too. But I bet most people thought it was a good move to try to give them some confidence.

"IronMan" wrote:

I wasn't into football back them. At least, not like I am now, but I would've found that disrespectfull, as well.

Big difference here is that he has to know himself that this is like throwing salt into the Packers fans wounds, playing for the Vikings and all. The man is not utterly retarded. He knows what kind of impact this could make.
djcubez
14 years ago
2006: Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure  - ""I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning."

2009: Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on"  - I think physically and from a talent level, this is the best team Ive ever been on, Favre told reporters in the postgame.

1999: Nov. 7, 1999: Bears 14, Packers 13

- "We have really great talent in this offense, and great talent on this team.

2008: Brett Favre To New York Jets  - "He's convincing," Favre said, drawing a smile from Tannenbaum. "I know this team had a lot of talent."

2004: Favre's Exemplary Journey  - "Talent-wise, we're as talented as any team in the league," Favre said. "We're as talented as the '96 Super Bowl team"

Hello people it's a fucking catchphrase. He's the QB of the team, therefore the leader which means he's trying to keep his team pumped after a 5-0 start to the season because--as he knows all too well--a team can derail at any second. People are blowing this all out of proportion too. Obviously the best team he was on was 1997-1998 because they won the fucking Super Bowl, which is a hands-down "you are the best team in the league" trophy.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
lol nice find!

Again I state this.

FUCK THE VIKINGS QB!!
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

2006: Favre sees 'most talented' Packers team of his tenure  - ""I really feel like this is, as far as talent is concerned, the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole," Favre said Monday morning."

2009: Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on"  - I think physically and from a talent level, this is the best team Ive ever been on, Favre told reporters in the postgame.

2008: Brett Favre To New York Jets  - "He's convincing," Favre said, drawing a smile from Tannenbaum. "I know this team had a lot of talent."

2004: Favre's Exemplary Journey  - "Talent-wise, we're as talented as any team in the league," Favre said. "We're as talented as the '96 Super Bowl team"

Hello people it's a fucking catchphrase. He's the QB of the team, therefore the leader which means he's trying to keep his team pumped after a 5-0 start to the season because--as he knows all too well--a team can derail at any second. People are blowing this all out of proportion too. Obviously the best team he was on was 1997-1998 because they won the fucking Super Bowl, which is a hands-down "you are the best team in the league" trophy.

"djcubez" wrote:

I think he meant every word at the time he said all of that. Why would he doubt his own abilities as well as his teams? Favre has always talked in the present and not the past. When all said and done, the 96 Packers will go down as his best team and he'll probably know that when that time comes. Until that day though, Favre will continue to say what he says as well as look forward. He thinks big.

Remember the Ahman Green could be MVP statement?
Gravedigga
14 years ago

"djcubez" wrote:

I think we overanalyze Favres words way too much. You could find 40 players who say that every year but nobody cares because theyre not Brett Favre.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
14 years ago

That's pretty sad, if we turned in as poor of a performance as we did and lost by 7 to the best team the old man has ever played on.

Just goes along with my theory that this is a doppleganger and all that's left of our HOF quarterback is a pile of digested goo lying on a forest floor somewhere.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
djcubez
14 years ago

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Poor performance? Hate to burst your bubble but I think the Packers played as well as they can possibly play vs the Vikings. Held AP to 55 yards. Returned a gift fumble for a TD. Rodgers had almost 400 yards. Prepare yourself, the Packers will get blowed out(as Emmit Smith would say) the next time.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

6 first half penalties. Two drives at the start of the game in Vikings territory ending on takeaways. A dropped pass on 4th-and-goal in the end zone. Only losing by 7 points. Somehow I fail to grasp this "blowed out" you're referring too.
14 years ago

"Gravedigga" wrote:

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Dropped a short TD pass. Surrendered two fumbles (which are largely considered unpredictable i.e. "luck"). Played without our starting LT and LG all of the game, and our backup LT about half of the game. Playing with our worst pickup of the year at SS, who was continuously out of position in his 2nd game on the field for us. Penalties galore.

Yeah, we performed very poorly. I'm surprised you are actually arguing with me on this. You think we played well? Back it up. All you're doing now is talking shit (gonna get blowed out).
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (21h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (21h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
41m / Around The NFL / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.