Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Source Link 

Last week Bears quarterback Jay Cutler said Brett Favre of the Vikings is the best quarterback in the NFC North.

Today on CBS-TV's "The NFL Today" show studio, analysts Boomer Esiason and Bill Cowher argued their choices for the best quarterback in the division.

Esiason picked Aaron Rodgers. Cowher picked Cutler.

"Brett Favre is going to have the best career out of all of them. We all know that," Esiason said. "I am Aaron Rodgers' biggest fan. But I saw something on Monday night that is definitely a flaw in his game. And that's that he takes too many sacks. There were eight sacks given up by the Green Bay Packers. Six of them I attributed to Aaron Rodgers. I think he is the best quarterback in the NFC North. He certainly has all the intangibles to be a great quarterback. But he has to work on getting rid of the football. That's what is killing him right now."

Cowher responded: "He's the best quarterback, but you are pointing his flaws. The best quarterback in right now in the NFC North is Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler is playing with a receiving corps in Bennett and Knox who last year had zero catches. Their leading receivers were Forte and the tight end. He has brought them back for two come-from-behind wins. They are a passing football team right now. Jay Cutler has been in this offense for four weeks. He is going to get better. Aaron Rodgers has been in this system for two or three years - five years. Hey, clearly Cutler is the best quarterback in the division."

Esiason: "Excuse me, who won the game head to head in week one?"

Cowher: "Week one. Where are they now?"

In the interactive poll feature CBS has, in which fans vote, 55% picked Favre as the best quarterback in the division, 25% chose Cutler, 17% took Rodgers and 3% took Matthew Stafford of the Lions.

UserPostedImage
Orygunfan76
14 years ago
I still think it's between Cutler and Rodgers, they've been putting up nice numbers with less talent around them than Favre has. Just take the Minny/GB game for example, switch both favre and Rodgers with their respected O-lines that evening and I'm willing to bet a Rodgers led Vikings team would've performed better than the Favre led one. Rodgers was sacked 8 times and pressured all night and still put up a 100 more yards than Favre(nearly 400), Lee also dropped a sure td in th endzone which would've given Rodgers 3 tds on the night(same as Favre) and Favre didthrow an int as well that was nullified by yet anoyher BS flag on the Packers(there were no shortage of those that night). If I'm building a team I'm taking Cutler or Rodgers first.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Orton		Cutler
5 - 0		3 - 1
104	Comp	83
165	Att	129
63.0	Comp %	64.3
1,236	Yards	901
7	TD's	8
1	INT's	5
97.4	Rating	89.3
8	Sacks	8

UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

Orton		Cutler
5 - 0		3 - 1
104	Comp	83
165	Att	129
63.0	Comp %	64.3
1,236	Yards	901
7	TD's	8
1	INT's	5
97.4	Rating	89.3
8	Sacks	8

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Holy balls! Really?

Wow. That's honestly a shocker to me.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Gravedigga
14 years ago

I still think it's between Cutler and Rodgers, they've been putting up nice numbers with less talent around them than Favre has. Just take the Minny/GB game for example, switch both favre and Rodgers with their respected O-lines that evening and I'm willing to bet a Rodgers led Vikings team would've performed better than the Favre led one. Rodgers was sacked 8 times and pressured all night and still put up a 100 more yards than Favre(nearly 400), Lee also dropped a sure td in th endzone which would've given Rodgers 3 tds on the night(same as Favre) and Favre didthrow an int as well that was nullified by yet anoyher BS flag on the Packers(there were no shortage of those that night). If I'm building a team I'm taking Cutler or Rodgers first.

"Orygunfan76" wrote:

I agree. Put Jamarcus Russell on the Vikings and they would be undefeated too. The packers have almost zero talent on their team. Horrible defense, coaches, management. O-line is garbage, all their receivers are crap. Driver, Jennings, Nelson, Jones, tight ends, they all suck. The only thing holding the Packers together is Rodgers who is doing it all by himself. I think if only Rodgers could throw to himself, maybe they could win more.

Brett Favre is old and crusty. He has the most dominant o-line in nfl history and the great adrian peterson who got almost 2.2 yards per carry and only had one fumble returned for a td last week. The Vikings defense dominated, only allowing 380 passing yards and practically shutting the packer run game out at just under 5 yards per carry. Honestly, i think you could put a blind retarted midget behind center for the Vikings and he would have performed better than Favre did last week. Yea it was statistically his 2nd highest rated game of his career but it was definitely ALL LUCK.

Happy?
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Orton		Cutler
5 - 0		3 - 1
104	Comp	83
165	Att	129
63.0	Comp %	64.3
1,236	Yards	901
7	TD's	8
1	INT's	5
97.4	Rating	89.3
8	Sacks	8

"Formo" wrote:

Holy balls! Really?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

In Cutlers defense, Orton has played one more game.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Orton		Cutler
5 - 0		3 - 1
104	Comp	83
165	Att	129
63.0	Comp %	64.3
1,236	Yards	901
7	TD's	8
1	INT's	5
97.4	Rating	89.3
8	Sacks	8

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Holy balls! Really?

"Formo" wrote:

In Cutlers defense, Orton has played one more game.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

And their situations aren't the same, either. Denver has a better O-line and receivers, while being tied on the running game with Fort's lackluster performance so far.

I'm impressed by Orton, but I'm cutting Cutler some slack on this one.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I've liked Orton ever since the snow game at Soldier Field in which Brett Favre laid and egg and Orton shined.

Dude has some talent, he's just always been surrounded by a lousy supporting cast.
UserPostedImage
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
Sheesh. Favre is playing the best out of all of them to this point. Therefore he's the best. Will that pan out for a whole season? Remains to be seen.

And like Nonstop, I've always thought Orton was a good, consistent QB. His skill set is very comparable to Brady's when he was inserted into the Pats' starting lineup. Obviously, he's increased that skill set significantly since, and he's leagues better than Orton at this point. But that younger version of Brady let the Pats to a SuperBowl win.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Saying the Vikings QB is doing the best is a bunch of bullshit, in my opinion. He has the best RB in the league, one of the best defenses, the best pass rushing DE wreaking havoc and a good special teams unit.

Vikings QB is on the best team in the NFC North and playing with in a system predicated on short passes and beasty runs with a powerful defense.

Vikings QB is best? I say fuck you and open your eyes!

/me please note, I hate the Vikings, not you. 😉
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (18h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
19m / Around The NFL / wpr

30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

32m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

34m / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.