Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Find it gratifying that they had the guts to put Otto Graham on this list, despite the fact no one remembers him anymore. Any list of Top Ten quarterbacks is incomplete without this amazing man.

I'm also pleased that Ben Roethlisberger isn't on this list.

Top 10 clutch quarterbacks in NFL history

NFL.com

Dan Marino
Not owning that coveted Super Bowl ring doesn't diminish Dan Marino's ability to lead his Dolphins to last-minute victories.
Watch clip | Video: No. 7 mobile QB | Video: Marino retrospective

Steve Young
Following in the footsteps of the great Joe Montana didn't faze Steve Young, who led the 49ers to a fifth Super Bowl championship.
Watch clip | Video: No. 2 mobile QB | Video: Young retrospective

Bart Starr
Bart Starr helped lead the Packers to five NFL championships in seven seasons, an accomplishment no other quarterback since has matched.
Watch clip | 1977 Hall of Fame inductee | Video: Starr retrospective

Otto Graham
In 10 pro football seasons, Otto Graham led the Cleveland Browns to 10 title games, an accomplishment that will likely never be matched.
Watch clip | 1965 Hall of Fame inductee | Browns history

Ken Stabler
The "Holy Roller," "Sea of Hands," and "Ghost to the Post" all came courtesy of "The Snake," the field general of the renegade 1970s Raiders.
Watch clip | Video: No. 6 not in Hall | Video: No. 8 pass combo

Johnny Unitas
The seminal moment of Johnny Unitas' career was leading the Baltimore Colts to victory in the NFL's first sudden-death OT title game.
Watch clip | Video: No. 2 unbreakable record | 1958 NFL title game

Roger Staubach
The late-game heroics of Roger Staubach -- "Captain Comeback" -- helped the Cowboys become known as "America's Team" in the 1970s.
Watch clip | Video: No. 6 mobile QB | Video: No. 10 draft steal

Tom Brady
With a frantic last-minute scoring drive against the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI, Tom Brady helped the Patriots' dynasty in its rise to power.
Watch clip | Video: Brady's NFL start | Video: Super Bowl XXXVI highlights

John Elway
"The Drive" was the stuff of legends, but John Elway's heroics didn't end there as he made fans wait until the clock hit 0:00.
Watch clip | Video: Elway retrospective | Video: Elway in Super Bowls

Joe Montana
Going a perfect 4-for-4 in pro football's biggest game and winning three Super Bowl MVPs in the process, Joe Montana is the most clutch QB ever.
Watch clip | Video: Montana retrospective | Video: No. 2 draft steal

UserPostedImage
IronMan
15 years ago
Joe Montana is definitely #1. No other QB played better when it mattered most. NOBODY.
dhazer
15 years ago
I agree with you on that Ironman, I still love when they show the 49ers bengals part 2 with the final drive capped off by the Taylor catch. They started the drive and players say Montana comes into the huddle and says hey look its john candy in the endzone. Thats priceless showing his calm and cool.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
There's no Brett Favre ??

No one remembers Otto? Shut up, obviously some have because he's on the list!!! So don't group everyone there Mr big word smarty pants person!

I agree with Joe Montana being the most clutch. I'm not sure if it was a playoff or the Super Bowl game, but the 49ers needed a score to win and time was running out. In the huddle Joe asked 'hey did you see that blonde in the third row in the end zone?' ... something to that effect. The player who recalled it was saying everyone was on edge about the closing seconds of the game and everything and Joe's checking out women lol ... some will say that's being careless or what not, although I think that's a sign of a great leader. Show the team that you're not freaking out.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Hey, I'd never heard of Otto Graham till our very own dfosterf mentioned him on this forum one time. I have no problems admitting that.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Otto Graham was Joe Montana before Joe Montana. I know this from old men in bars, but he played before I was born.

I agree Nonstop. If someone put Big Ben on that list, I'd be tempted to buy a plane ticket, find that person, and kick his punk ass.

I'd actually put Favre ahead of Elway. Favre lenses aside, take a look at Elway's SB stats. Sure, he was clutch in regular season games (as was Favre, as Favre EARNED that most wins by a QB record), but Elway folded in the SBs.

Favre played in 2 and was outstanding in one and solid in the 2nd one.

Tom Brady I think is hands down the best QB today. The Giants learned that the only way to stop Brady is to put him on his ***. Don't let him throw the ball. Brady was brilliant in the first 3 SBs he played, as clutch as they come besides Joe. Then the Giants got to him in his 4th.

I envy Cheesey for being old enough to remember seeing Bart Starr actually play. All I saw of Bart Starr was him coaching a really bad football team year after year, which is sad because he was supposedly brilliant when on the football field.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
porky88
15 years ago
Elway is the greatest QB ever in my view and in terms of clutch it's him Montana and Brady. That much is for certain. Actually come to think of it those three are probably the best ever in terms of more modern football.

Favre was clutch too. He's certainly in the running for a top ten, but hard to take out anyone on this list. Maybe Steve Young.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
What games has Tom Brady came back and won? I think of the Super Bowl against the Rams, which was freaking awesome! I remember Madden saying it was stupid to NOT be kneeling down and running out the clock. I was thinking GO FOR THE WIN, ITS THE DAMN SUPER BOWL! lol
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I think the reason Brett Favre doesn't make this list is his lack of consistency. For every game he won in the clutch, he had at least one that he fouled up monumentally.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago

I think the reason Brett Favre doesn't make this list is his lack of consistency. For every game he won in the clutch, he had at least one that he fouled up monumentally.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I think it might have to do with him still playing and being a bit of a diva right now and I don't mean that as a knock, but it is how he's perceived to be.

Once Favre retires for good, he'll start to gain more respect around the league and from fans of every team. I think people tend to appreciate things more when they're gone.

No doubt that Favre was indeed clutch and he's top five on my list. Maybe not clutch, but overall.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (now) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (16m) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (4h) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (5h) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21h) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (22h) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.