doddpower
15 years ago

I drafted in June last year. I thought it'd add a sense of realism, as you don't have control over injurys in RL either.

I still don't mind it. Having seen pre-season performances does help though. I had David Garrard, Braylone Edwards etc. in my team last year. They where high draft picks and failed me big time.

Anyway, I suggest that we find out when everyone here wants to get into a league, find a good time to draft and see how many guys want to join us.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yeah, but fantasy ball is about fun! I'd hate to have my number one draft pick or so injured all year from pre-season just for a sense of "realism."

I usually play in like 5-6 leagues, so I might play in one league that drafts that early, but it probably wouldn't be my "main" one.
El3ment12
15 years ago
Damn I would join but I don't wanna draft now. it seems to early
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I love fantasy football, but this is just too early to draft, in my opinion. There are too many possibilities of injury, roster cuts, etc. that can arise between now and September.

Of course, I had a draft on the last possible day last year and guess who my No. 1 was?

Tom Brady, naturally.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
15 years ago

I love fantasy football, but this is just too early to draft, in my opinion. There are too many possibilities of injury, roster cuts, etc. that can arise between now and September.

Of course, I had a draft on the last possible day last year and guess who my No. 1 was?

Tom Brady, naturally.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

haha, Brady was my #1 overall pick for my main league last year as well. I didn't really want to, but I mean, how could you not really? The guy was fantasy the gold the year before! Lucky for me, I was able to steal Rodger's in like the 4th round as a backup and he carried me all year. I lost in the conference round, but it was a fluke. Oh well!
15 years ago
I'm not a big fan of fantasy football. I'll be in the sports bar watching a game and somebody is always wishing a player a good performance against the Packers. Their only reason is they have a player on their fantasy football team.

I really don't like the fantasy football player's view on league play. They care only about fantasy team instead of what helps the Packers in playoff positioning. Their loyalties are all screwed up.

When some jerk hopes a Packer/viking game is a low scoring one because the jerk pick the viking defense in his fantasy draft it takes a lot of discipline to not commit an act of violence against the jerk.

This fall if I'm watching the 49'er game and some alleged Packer fan says "I want the Packers to win but Frank Gore to have a great game against them, because he is on my fantasy team." I'll kick his little fantasy butt into next week.

My loyalties are to the Packers and not some temporary fantasy team.

I wish "fantasy" players would shut up about "their team" because no other person in he world cares who is on your fantasy team. It is just bad etiquette.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
CaliforniaCheez, I don't take fantasy football seriously enough to wish an individual's performance over the Packers' performance. Besides, I always am involved in more than one league and I draft at least one all-Packers team, which means my fortunes in that league rise or fall with the Packers', and I get absolutely murdered on bye weeks.

I saw on ESPN a few weeks ago that Aaron Rodgers was the No. 1 fantasy-points earner in the league last year. I found that fascinating, since he wasn't ranked No. 1 in any one category. I guess it just goes to show that having the overall package is the most important thing.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
15 years ago

I'm not a big fan of fantasy football. I'll be in the sports bar watching a game and somebody is always wishing a player a good performance against the Packers. Their only reason is they have a player on their fantasy football team.

I really don't like the fantasy football player's view on league play. They care only about fantasy team instead of what helps the Packers in playoff positioning. Their loyalties are all screwed up.

When some jerk hopes a Packer/viking game is a low scoring one because the jerk pick the viking defense in his fantasy draft it takes a lot of discipline to not commit an act of violence against the jerk.

This fall if I'm watching the 49'er game and some alleged Packer fan says "I want the Packers to win but Frank Gore to have a great game against them, because he is on my fantasy team." I'll kick his little fantasy butt into next week.

My loyalties are to the Packers and not some temporary fantasy team.

I wish "fantasy" players would shut up about "their team" because no other person in he world cares who is on your fantasy team. It is just bad etiquette.

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

haha, you're angry!

Of course my "loyalties" are with the Packers. Hell, that's usually why I try to draft Aaron Rodger's, Greg Jennings or Donald Driver, Packer's Defense, etc. etc. It's just an extra little thing to make Packer football even MORE fun.

As for other players, I'll gladly lose fantasy points for the Packers to crush their opponents any day of the week. But if the Packers aren't involved I'm going to be rooting for my fantasy team. It makes otherwise potentially boring games a ton of fun sometimes. I mean, after all, it's just a game. Don't take things so personally, geez! Always calling someone an idiot, jerks, or something! Just relax a bit!

:profileright: :profileright: :profileright:
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Good to know. I just drafted him in a fantasy league.

Anyway, I don't know what all the hatred against FF players is about. I just love to see the Packers win way more than I want to see my fantasy team win, but when I hear someone say that they want their team to win, yet, want their opponents RB to put up big numbers, I have no problem with that.

I had AP on my team last year and with our horrible defense against the run, I was hoping we would win on our pass defense and offense to win while Peterson put up some decent numbers. Still, it felt like a stab in the hearth when he made that last TD in the second game.
IronMan
15 years ago

Just relax a bit!

"doddpower" wrote:

I agree. Simma down now!  
TengoJuego
15 years ago
Waaay too early. I like drafting in August. Don't we have a fantasy league here on PH?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.