Mucky Tundra
3 days ago
Bo and Max Melton turned NFL dreams into reality 

Football is a way of life for the Meltons but never in any of their wildest dreams could they have envisioned two members of their tight-knit family playing at the game's highest level.

In April, however, the surreal became real when the Arizona Cardinals selected Max in the second round of the 2024 NFL Draft. Bo and Gary Jr. were by his side, 727 days after the brothers celebrated Bo's seventh-round selection following an emotional three-day wait in 2022.

This Sunday, for the first time, the Meltons will be pitted against each other in an actual game when the Packers host the Cardinals in a Week 6 matchup family and friends have had circled since schedule-release day.

Among the two dozen or so expected in attendance are Gary Melton Sr. and his wife Vicky, their proud parents who made customized jerseys binding Bo's No. 80 for the Packers with Max's No. 16 for the Cardinals.

"To see that relationship, even to today, it still brings tears to my eyes," Gary Sr. said. "I watched them play together. I watched them talk to each other. It's not a surprise to us that Max gravitated towards Bo because they were close in age but also, he wanted to compete with Bo. He knew that was going to make him better and look what happened."

Bo knows receiving. Bo knows his brother. Does Bo know how to beat his brother at the NFL level?
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
3 days ago
I would think this is a no-win situation for both of them...but then again, they have both already won, making an NFL roster.

I just hope Max gets burnt by someone other than Bo.
Go Packers!!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a day ago
I don't know how their teams graded their players yesterday but they both looked pretty good most of the time. Bo beat his little brother deep at least once but Jordan didn't get him the ball.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (8h) : Winter Warning Whites are being worn this Sunday
Mucky Tundra (9h) : MVS released by the Bills
Zero2Cool (9h) : We have new kicker
beast (9h) : Patriots sign Packers PS C/OG away, and Packers sign a FA OT to the PS
Zero2Cool (11h) : Veteran K Brandon McManus worked out for the Packers
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Does that mean we can get him out of the broadcast booth?
Zero2Cool (12h) : Tom Brady has been approved by NFL owners to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders
Martha Careful (13h) : happy birthday Packershome. Thanks for building and managing the site.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Getting traded from the Browns as they are currently must feel like being on the last copter out of Saigon
Zero2Cool (14h) : Browns trading WR Amari Cooper to Bills
Zero2Cool (15h) : Raiders HC said he might hit the field Week 8. Maye he meant DIFFERENT team field haha
Zero2Cool (15h) : There was a report his hamstring was better several days ago
Zero2Cool (15h) : Jets trying to trade WR Mike Williams
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Adams hamstring got better in a hurry
Zero2Cool (15h) : NFL’s Troy Vincent says that returned kickoffs are at 32%, up from 17% last year.
beast (17h) : 49ers have had two kickers get injured in one week while attempting tackles, first a sprain ankle, second shoulder popped out
Zero2Cool (17h) : 49ers are signing former Packers K Anders Carlson to their practice squad
Zero2Cool (18h) : Davante Adams is ALREADY in the #Jets building following the trade news that just broke, per @DMRussini
wpr (18h) : Thanks beast.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Jets land Davante for 3rd that could be 2nd.
Zero2Cool (20h) : I really thought they could pull off the upset. I was really wrong lol
beast (20h) : Not our fault that you were the only one to pick Washington
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cheaters
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
beast (15-Oct) : Congratulations to beast, macbob and wpr for getting lucky and going 14-0 in pick'em this week!
packerfanoutwest (15-Oct) : another Hail Mary for that bastard
beast (14-Oct) : If Josh Myers is going to miss a lot of time, I'd like the Pack to reach out to the Jags and see how much to get C Mitch Morse
beast (14-Oct) : Texans get one DL back from suspension, but a different one, a starter get a 4 game suspension
wpr (14-Oct) : Love is 2nd in passing TDs. Mayfield 15. Burrow and Love 12.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Love tied for Passing TD's?
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : ackers’ WR Dontayvion Wicks (shoulder) is considered "week-to-week," according to multiple reports.
wpr (14-Oct) : I tried to go against the board's picks a few times. It simply didn't make sense.
wpr (14-Oct) : Even with 13 correct picks I really didn't make up much ground.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Three people got 13 picks right this week with one yet to go
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : WTF
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : I read it was horrific injury. I worried maybe career, so broken tibia ... far less horrible in my eyes
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : Unless Hutchinson is an extremely quick healer and the Lions (God forbid) make the Super Bowl, his season is over
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : I looked up the recovery time and its 4-6 months.
beast (14-Oct) : Is it season ending?
Martha Careful (14-Oct) : I think we all have to remember that just because it's not a compound fracture doesn't mean it's not really bad.
Zero2Cool (14-Oct) : Surgery for Aiden for broken tibia. Hearing that's best as not knee.
dfosterf (14-Oct) : Hutchinson fractured tibia. Not a compound fracture.
dfosterf (14-Oct) : True, but tearing down Jerryworld might be a bit extreme mid-season
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : dfoster, that's the other reason I think MM gets canned. Dallas keeps getting dogwalked at home
Mucky Tundra (14-Oct) : Looking at their schedule and based on how teams are currently playing, I'm seeing another 6 losses at the least
dfosterf (14-Oct) : "We need a new stadium, aren't good here" Cowboy fans are my favorite, lol
beast (14-Oct) : Jerry Jones has to admit he was wrong first, but I agree
dfosterf (14-Oct) : Looked at Cowboy fan site. MM should have been fired after GB game was a theme, but my favorite...
Mucky Tundra (13-Oct) : i don't see MM lasting much longer in Dallas
Mucky Tundra (13-Oct) : *jump to
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Announcements / wpr

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

14-Oct / GameDay Threads / wpr

14-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-Oct / GameDay Threads / Zero2Cool

12-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.