2 years ago
I do not think Love would bring enough in return, but if they were to move him for a draft choice (likely a second at this point IMO) perhaps you could coax Ryan Fitzpatrick to sign a one year deal as a backup.

It would be a cush job, and, if needed, he gives you a shot to win.
Go Packers!!!!
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

I have a difficult time imagining any team giving us a first round pick for Love. IMO we'd be better off keeping him as Rodgers' backup. This isn't the strongest QB draft class and I don't see anybody else out there any better.

Originally Posted by: Pugger 

But if the QB class is weak in this years draft, wouldn't that make Love more valuable to a team looking for a QB? Esp since Love is still pretty young (23) and on his rookie deal*?

*can teams pick up the 5th year option on a 1st round guy if acquired via trade?

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
2 years ago

But if the QB class is weak in this years draft, wouldn't that make Love more valuable to a team looking for a QB? Esp since Love is still pretty young (23) and on his rookie deal*?

*can teams pick up the 5th year option on a 1st round guy if acquired via trade?

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

The 5th year option goes with the 1st round contract. So the new team does get the 5th year option too.

This draft class is considered weak and needs development, but then again, isn't Love in that exact same boat? And he has two less years on that rookie contract than the actual rookies.

And while this draft is considered a weaker year for QB, it's quite strong in other areas. In the top 50 picks you can probably get a good starting edge rusher that maybe wouldn't fall out of the top 32 in normal years. The ILB and TE seem clearly deeper than normal as well.

I find the DT interesting as well, and I feel like DT is deeper than normal, which people disagree with me on, but I think it is deeper than normal because recent drafts have sucked at top DT prospect, so even if this group is only average, average is better than recent years.

If I can get a top 45-50 pick for Love, I would probably trade him, just because I like this draft so much, in another draft I might hold off for more.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

The 5th year option goes with the 1st round contract. So the new team does get the 5th year option too.

This draft class is considered weak and needs development, but then again, isn't Love in that exact same boat? And he has two less years on that rookie contract than the actual rookies.

And while this draft is considered a weaker year for QB, it's quite strong in other areas. In the top 50 picks you can probably get a good starting edge rusher that maybe wouldn't fall out of the top 32 in normal years. The ILB and TE seem clearly deeper than normal as well.

I find the DT interesting as well, and I feel like DT is deeper than normal, which people disagree with me on, but I think it is deeper than normal because recent drafts have sucked at top DT prospect, so even if this group is only average, average is better than recent years.

If I can get a top 45-50 pick for Love, I would probably trade him, just because I like this draft so much, in another draft I might hold off for more.

Originally Posted by: beast 

If I'm Jordan Love's agent, I say yeah, he's raw like the incoming rookies, but Love has something those rookies don't. He has two full years of learning behind one of the best throwers in the game and has been in a playoff atmosphere back to back seasons. He also has two years of learning a professional system and has two years of being a professional.

I've said it and say it again using your more concise wording ... if Packers can get a top 50 pick for Jordan Love, that is the only way I see the Packers trading him.
And that's about the only way I would trade him.

Keep in mind, Aaron Rodgers likes Jordan Love, so any rumor that is going to come out saying Packers must trade Love for making Aaron happy will be false. The guy went out of his way to connect with Love during the shit storm that was the 2021 off-season. You don't do that if you hate the guy.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
2 years ago
Whereas I agree with Zero that I would love a top 50 pick for Jordan, I wonder if we should move on from Jordan for his own sake. Not out of malice or regret, but to allow for him not to be a target of the media and the fans. He didn't ask for any of it and was put in a very tough and often unfair situation. Let him move on and hopefully build himself a career elsewhere if we no longer have plans for him as our starter.

I like Benkert as the back-up or perhaps we sign a vet or draft a later round project in the draft.

I still don't think drafting Jordan was a mistake. He pushed Aaron to up his game. Gave him a new chip.

nerdmann
2 years ago
Love is close to being ready. He is refining his game, making excellent progress.

If Aaron hasn't signed a contract, that means his contract ends after this coming season. And oh yeah, dude's coming up on 40.

Love is way too good to trade. He's still gonna be The Man.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Colts shipped Carson Wentz to Washington Commanders. Colts were a team chattering about Jordan Love.

Colts Picks for 2022
Round 2 Pick 15
Round 3 Pick 18
Round 4 Pick 17
Round 5 Pick 16
Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP)
Round 6 Pick 39 (COMP)
Round 7 Pick 18
Round 7 Pick 19
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
I would hold out for a 1st round pick. He has 2 years of experience. The QB draft class is weak. Packers don't need to trade him. All the chips are in their favor. Get a wow deal or walk away.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago
Aaron's media sycophants won't shut up  about dealing Love.  🤔
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
2 years ago
Having the benefit of a couple of days to think on the AB12 agreement, I think they will keep Love, which I think is good for the Packers and good for Love: [list][*] AB12 should feel secure about his position, that he is loved, etc. Ergo, he should not feel Love is a threat any longer[*]I think AB12 had been a good teammate /trying to help the kid... this will improve even more so now[*]Love can relax, sit and learn and know that he is no longer 'a threat'[*]i.e. Love can feel that he can just learn, play his garbage time reps, and get ready[*]Love is cheap, and as Nerdmann points out, has strong upside:[list][*]Wonderlik 27, above average[*]Excellent wheels[*]Well Above Average Arm Strength albeit needs work on accuracy[*]Needs footwork discipline[/list][*]I think Clemens with help this kid[/list]
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (23h) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.