nerdmann
3 years ago
Packers HC Matt LaFleur is informing some candidates that they didn’t make the finals for the defensive coordinator job. The three finalists appear to be Joe Barry, Ejiro Evero, and Jim Leonhard
(Per Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)

Can't find the link. Might be a tweet.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Packers HC Matt LaFleur is informing some candidates that they didn’t make the finals for the defensive coordinator job. The three finalists appear to be Joe Barry, Ejiro Evero, and Jim Leonhard
(Per Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)

Can't find the link. Might be a tweet.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I think Packers fans want Jim Leonhard because of the Wisconsin connection. I also remember Packers fans pinning for Leonhard years ago too.

This one?

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago
Per Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Ejiro Evero and Jim Leonhard are the two front runners for the Packers defensive coordinator job and it is “Jim Leonhard’s job if he wants it”
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Per Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Ejiro Evero and Jim Leonhard are the two front runners for the Packers defensive coordinator job and it is “Jim Leonhard’s job if he wants it”

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Packers’ job offer: “It was me choosing UW. I want to stay at UW. I want to be at this level right now. Extremely flattered. Awesome opportunity. But it was not the right time for me to go back to the NFL.”

I'm not sure why you would interview for a job if it's not the "right time". I dunno. Maybe the interview process is what made him realize he's not ready? Maybe he knew and this is something that can be pitched to recruits? Hey, our DC was sought after by the Green Bay Packers!

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

Packers’ job offer: “It was me choosing UW. I want to stay at UW. I want to be at this level right now. Extremely flattered. Awesome opportunity. But it was not the right time for me to go back to the NFL.”

I'm not sure why you would interview for a job if it's not the "right time". I dunno. Maybe the interview process is what made him realize he's not ready? Maybe he knew and this is something that can be pitched to recruits? Hey, our DC was sought after by the Green Bay Packers!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree. Why interview if you have no desire to take the job?
Being as he has been the D guy at Wisconsin, how could he not be ready to move up to the “major league”?
I really wanted him as DC.
Very disappointed.

UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't blame Leonhard - maybe his mind changed towards the end, maybe the contract terms offered by the Packers weren't more money/term than what he has at UW, or maybe Leonhard used the Packers offer as leverage to get something at his current job (all the more power to him in any of the cases).

This is pretty embarrassing for MLF, though. In just two seasons as HC MLF has managed to have two coordinators that were his "1st choice" reject offers form the packers (the ST's coach job was offered to someone else in MLF's first season, and now Leonhard). LaFleur is a very young coach with minimal coordinator experience, so there will be growing pains. At the very least, LaFleur should have known prior to offering the job whether Leonhard would've accepted.

Also unnecessarily, LaFleur and whoever he chooses have to field questions and media/fan scrutiny of his choice being the fallback option. That's a tough position to put yourself and your subordinates in. This should never have been known publicly... fact that it is shows MLF has some growing to do still.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
nerdmann
3 years ago
A little embarrassing, but I like their openness. We're experiencing it with them.

After all these years of constantly "saying the right thing," it's refreshing. Matt's not ashamed, and has nothing to hide.

After all these years of hearing nothing but Ari Fleischer-speak after the Burt Favor retirement fiasco, I like the forthrightness.

The team will now close ranks around the new selection, say all the right things and pay the new guy an extra couple hundred thousand. The new guy will work extra hard to prove he was the right choice.
nerdmann
3 years ago
So, what do we know about Ejiro Evero?
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
I'm not seeing how this is at all embarrassing. As for the Special Teams, that guy wanted more money than the Packers were willing to pay, right? So, how's that embarrassing for LaFleur?

This is how things go everyday throughout every hiring process.

Maybe Leonard wouldn't have been good in NFL? Maybe whomever is offered the position and accepts will be good?

Fsr from embarrassing, especially when you understand many details are not known, nor should be assumed.

As a wise man once said...
"Just The Fax Ma’am, Just The Fax"

😜

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
This is a good read. Makes some sense of why Leonard interviewed in the first place and you see it was a difficult decision to turn it down. Sounds like he felt he was ready and when it came time to punch the ticket he froze up and realized he wasn't ready. That bothers me some, but I respect it. He could have rolled with it and tried faking it until he made it.

https://madison.com/sports/college/football/jim-leonhard-turns-down-packers-offer-says-hes-staying-with-badgers/article_854c0a50-7831-5f70-beb4-248f26f63722.html 
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.