ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago
Actually, I think Hazer's the closest to being right - I distinctly recall that posters here and on other fan boards were convinced he would leave if they brought Favre back, but Rodgers never said or even intimated anything like that. When the possibility that Favre would come back and compete for the starter's job, he just said he'd be happy to compete as well.

Me, I don't think he would have gone anywhere - he knew that his best possible situation was with Green Bay, so unless the team had done something drastic like re-sign Favre to a new multi-year deal, I think his plan all along was to ride it out and wait his turn.

If it had been me, I would have taken the opportunity to get PAID and get the hell away from the whole Favre situation - I admire the kid's willingness to play his hand out.
blank
bozz_2006
15 years ago
Leaving is not the issue. It's how the player goes about leaving. Rodgers didn't threaten to take his marbles and go home if Favre came back. He didn't say he would demand a trade. Cutler did.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
Any team has the right to do what it feels is best for it's organization. Be it Denver, Chicago, Green Bay, whatever. If they feel they have a shot at getting better at any position, they have a right to try to do so.
If the player doesn't like it, they can throw a tantrum......sometimes getting their way, sometimes not.
But like was said, ALL players are JUST employees.
Just 2 days ago i heard of a man that worked 20 years for a company, they "downsized", cut his job and he got one month's pay severance.
20 years........busted his butt for them, and he's swept aside.
At least these players don't have to worry how they are gonna make next months rent payment. Even the LOWEST paid players make more in a year then most people make in 5 or more years of hard work.
It's hard for me to feel sorry for any of them.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Lmao all this talk reminded of a video so i had to track it down. This made me laugh so hard last year.

[youtube]krYHKCMl_Mc[/youtube]

Sorry just trying to lighten up the mood, seems like alot of fans are getting frustrated. Lighten up the season isn't here yet.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

Actually, I think Hazer's the closest to being right - I distinctly recall that posters here and on other fan boards were convinced he would leave if they brought Favre back, but Rodgers never said or even intimated anything like that. When the possibility that Favre would come back and compete for the starter's job, he just said he'd be happy to compete as well.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

A lot of posters were afraid of this happening, but I always thought the risk was minimal. Rodgers is under contract until 2009 -- the team would have been under no obligation to trade him, even if he raised a stink; he was, after all, only a backup. No one believed Favre was coming back for more than a year anyway. (Did they?)

Me, I don't think he would have gone anywhere - he knew that his best possible situation was with Green Bay, so unless the team had done something drastic like re-sign Favre to a new multi-year deal, I think his plan all along was to ride it out and wait his turn.

While I agree that he probably would not have left -- he seems like a pretty level-headed guy -- I'm curious why you think Green Bay represented the best option for Rodgers. There are other teams with arguably more talent he could have gone to.

If it had been me, I would have taken the opportunity to get PAID and get the hell away from the whole Favre situation - I admire the kid's willingness to play his hand out.

While I'm sure the temptation was there, but considering he only had a little more than 3 quarters of regular-season experience, I don't think he would have made more money elsewhere. I think Thompson signed him to a much more lucrative deal than he ever could have secured had he left in the offseason. What teams do you think would have broken the bank for a backup quarterback who'd never even started a regular-season game?
UserPostedImage
Orygunfan76
15 years ago

I think most people on this is site said Favre was a little bit of a baby but he earned the right to be one. Cutler is nothing compared to Favre buddy.

"PasckAttack001" wrote:

\
Cutler has ony started a bit over two seasons so I don't think anyone is comparing him to Brett(Hofer) in that sense. I noticed you said "most" people on this site said Favre earned the right to be a baby I hope at least you weren't one of them as that is some really flawed logic.

Just for fun though:

(first 3 seasons in the NFL)

Favre- 33 games, 6531 yds, 37 tds, 39 int

Cutler- 37 games, 9024 yds, 54 tds, 37 int

He may not be Favre-like to you now but it looks like he's well on his way.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago

I think most people on this is site said Favre was a little bit of a baby but he earned the right to be one. Cutler is nothing compared to Favre buddy.

"Orygunfan76" wrote:

\
Cutler has ony started a bit over two seasons so I don't think anyone is comparing him to Brett(Hofer) in that sense. I noticed you said "most" people on this site said Favre earned the right to be a baby I hope at least you weren't one of them as that is some really flawed logic.

Just for fun though:

"PasckAttack001" wrote:

That was when he was with Denver.......now that he's with the Bears, his yearly numbers will tumble. He has no one to throw too.
UserPostedImage
Orygunfan76
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

\

Just for fun though:

"Orygunfan76" wrote:

That was when he was with Denver.......now that he's with the Bears, his yearly numbers will tumble. He has no one to throw too.

"PasckAttack001" wrote:

Yawn... I love ya Cheesey but this statement seems to be more wishful thinking by rival fans than reality. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the Bears Receivers can be more productive now with some actualstability, talent and upside at the QB level(something they haven't had since the McMahon years). I think their problems on the receiving can easily be attributed to poor QB play. I do like objective football discussion though and this board has some of the best posters I've seen online(yes you included Cheese man). By the way, hows your health lately and I was also wondering what WII games you got.
blank
PasckAttack001
15 years ago
So your saying you think Cutlers numbers wont go down because Chicago's WRS are just as good as Denver's and it was just Orton who made the WRS look bad? Didn't they have to have one of their DB's line up as a WR for a few games or was it the other way around idk? Oops never mind the Bears have all kinds of talent Marty Booker looked great last year. If Hester can't really handle a hard throw by Orton how do you think he's going to do with Cutler?
360 gamertag: jbone0001
msg me to play madden anytime! or left4dead.
Orygunfan76
15 years ago

So your saying you think Cutlers numbers wont go down because Chicago's WRS are just as good as Denver's and it was just Orton who made the WRS look bad? Didn't they have to have one of their DB's line up as a WR for a few games or was it the other way around idk? Oops never mind the Bears have all kinds of talent Marty Booker looked great last year. If Hester can't really handle a hard throw by Orton how do you think he's going to do with Cutler?

"PasckAttack001" wrote:

Do you just make stuff up as you go along? I said "maybe" the bears receivers can be more productive now with a better QB, how did you get Chicago's receivers are as goood as Denver's out of that statement? Orton's longest pass was I believe around 20 yards last season and I read somewhere that he didn't have a pass over 30 yards all season so yeah, QB "might" have something to do with the inept offensive output by the Bears receivers. Why are you coming off all hostile? I'm just trying to look at the Bears offensive problems from more than the old "Their WR suck" point of view so sorry if you don't agree with me. I don't mean to offend anyones opinion on here and I never said the bears WRs were great I just said maybe they weren't that great because of poor QB play. Again, I said "maybe".
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (1h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (1h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
55m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.