gbguy20
5 years ago
The line gets better the more it gets asked to do something as well. The stats you ask will tell you that the packers almost never run on 3rd and short or on 3rd down at all. In before you say they don't do it because they suck at it. One, you don't know that. And two, IF they do suck at it, maybe it is because they never do it.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
From and since the NFC Championship against SEA, we have sucked at it. I know that because I observe it

If it makes you feel better, in my idle moments, I will attempt to back up my assertion with evidence.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Well that didn’t take long

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/11/23/examining-green-bay-packers-issues-third-down-and-possible-solution/2082749002/ 

But, the team has gotten worse at converting on third and short as the weeks have gone on.

In games 1-4, they converted 67 percent of their third downs needing six or fewer yards. In games 5-8, 52 percent. The last two weeks? Just 36 percent of the time they have converted.

“When you evaluate each and every week, it comes down to the obvious,” McCarthy said. “You just have to execute better.”

And this is where the personnel issues have been spotlighted.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
gbguy20
5 years ago
We were talking about running the ball but thanks
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
How many of those failed third-down conversions were on account of Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball into the dirt or failing to look for in the direction of a wide-open running back or tossing the ball out of bounds?
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

He has an offensive scheme that would tie the franchise together.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Again, you have shown absolutely nothing other than your willing to spin in circles to praise Edgar Bennett, without giving anything other verbal spin.

First, you say he's different, then you say he's continual the same... you're making him out to be Goldilocks more than an actual NFL coach.

You said he was being groomed and then got scrap goated, which I don't think you can prove especially since he wasn't scape goated, just asked to take a demotion... which is not the same thing, they wanted to keep Bennett, just didn't think he was the best fit for OC.

Your saying he's ready to take responsibility for his actions as head coach and then your the one using scape goats as to why he shouldn't be held responsible... you are talking in complete circles and not making any sense.

He ignored your question because he has no idea. His comments are based on nothing aside from his belief that he has no evidence for. He just decided it one day and keeps bringing it up as if its fact.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

That seem to be the case as he's taking both side of the same issue and just being pro-Bennett with it and using Mike McCarthy as a scape goat.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

Again, you have shown absolutely nothing other than your willing to spin in circles to praise Edgar Bennett, without giving anything other verbal spin.

First, you say he's different, then you say he's continual the same... you're making him out to be Goldilocks more than an actual NFL coach.

You said he was being groomed and then got scrap goated, which I don't think you can prove especially since he wasn't scape goated, just asked to take a demotion... which is not the same thing, they wanted to keep Bennett, just didn't think he was the best fit for OC.

Your saying he's ready to take responsibility for his actions as head coach and then your the one using scape goats as to why he shouldn't be held responsible... you are talking in complete circles and not making any sense.

That seem to be the case as he's taking both side of the same issue and just being pro-Bennett with it and using Mike McCarthy as a scape goat.

Originally Posted by: beast 

You're arguing my point, if you say he was merely "demoted."

Again, I'm not saying he is both different and the same. Go back and read what I said. He KNOWS the team. He would not require a rebuild. Then again, maybe he would want to shitcan everybody and start over, dunno.

Aaron Rodgers is still here. THAT is the same. Mike McCarthy is gone. THAT is different. My hypothesis is that Aaron Rodgers wants to "do his thing." Mike McCarthy is no longer "standing in his way" of winning championships. He does not want to bring someone in who will change the system and requite 2-3 years to turn personell over to fit a new system. Bennett fits that bill. He knows the team. He knows the system.

It's not a question of Bennett CHANGING anything. The impediment (Mike McCarthy) has been removed. The change has already taken place. Now do you just let Aaron go out there and win championships, or do you bring someone in that will ALSO impede Aaron for the next couple years while they retool?

Hopefully Mark Murphy is not on board with the view that Aaron just needed to be "unleashed" from Mike McCarthy. However I fear that he may share that perspective. I disagree with that perspective. However I believe it is one that is held to at least some degree by management.

Traditionally, I like Bennett because he was an old school WCO guy, with all those old traps, screens, the "enema draw," all those old school running and short, high percentage passing type plays. So yeah, Edgar was removed. How did THAT work out?

Again, I'm not arguing that they are both the same and different. I'm not saying they want continuity and don't want continuity. I'm saying they might not want to retool. I can type it slower and slower every time if you want.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
5 years ago

You're arguing my point, if you say he was merely "demoted."

Again, I'm not saying he is both different and the same. Go back and read what I said. He KNOWS the team. He would not require a rebuild. Then again, maybe he would want to shitcan everybody and start over, dunno.

Aaron Rodgers is still here. THAT is the same. Mike McCarthy is gone. THAT is different. My hypothesis is that Aaron Rodgers wants to "do his thing." Mike McCarthy is no longer "standing in his way" of winning championships. He does not want to bring someone in who will change the system and requite 2-3 years to turn personell over to fit a new system. Bennett fits that bill. He knows the team. He knows the system.

It's not a question of Bennett CHANGING anything. The impediment (Mike McCarthy) has been removed. The change has already taken place. Now do you just let Aaron go out there and win championships, or do you bring someone in that will ALSO impede Aaron for the next couple years while they retool?

Hopefully Mark Murphy is not on board with the view that Aaron just needed to be "unleashed" from Mike McCarthy. However I fear that he may share that perspective. I disagree with that perspective. However I believe it is one that is held to at least some degree by management.

Traditionally, I like Bennett because he was an old school WCO guy, with all those old traps, screens, the "enema draw," all those old school running and short, high percentage passing type plays. So yeah, Edgar was removed. How did THAT work out?

Again, I'm not arguing that they are both the same and different. I'm not saying they want continuity and don't want continuity. I'm saying they might not want to retool. I can type it slower and slower every time if you want.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I have reread and your still talking out of your ass... Bennett wouldn't need a rebuild and every other coach would is complete biased talking. Because your saying Bennett would run a different scheme but not have to rebuild.

You're just in love with the old school west coast offense and think Bennett will run your system... That cool and fine.

But that doesn't mean Bennett is freaking perfect and there is McCarthy conspiracies to hold him back, that's just ridiculous. Also the fact that no body is really running the old school west coast system as it has evolved into new school west coast system... this would be like Al Davis trying to run 80s football in the 2000s.

Weather to retool or not, if you haven't noticed Gute started the process last year and the retooling and the coaches/Rodgers bad reaction to working with the new tools is what lead to the shity offense, but that should have been expected when running a chemistry system that is based in second/third reactions and working with a whole lot of new guys who are still learning the first reaction.... also getting rid of the guy with the best QB chemistry.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

The average adult in the US has one nut and one boob. so averages a can be deceiving.

What is the average on run plays on 3rd and less than 4. Or more important, what percentage of the time do we run on 3rd and less than 4 and make it.

I will bet a shiney new dime it is far less than league average.

Spreading formations out and gaining 7 yards on second and 10 is great, but we have been inept in the run game in critical/ goal line situations FOR YEARS!!!

And it starts up front

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Even my wife laughed. Unfortunately way too many men have boobs.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

How many of those failed third-down conversions were on account of Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball into the dirt or failing to look for in the direction of a wide-open running back or tossing the ball out of bounds?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Unfortunately, we will never know because even if Aaron's facemask is aimed one direction, he could be trying to look a Safety off and looking the other way.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (27-Jun) : @ochocinco Jayden Reed bitch, learn the fucking name now got damn casual fans 🧀
Zero2Cool (26-Jun) : Thanks!
jdlax (26-Jun) : Happy belated Dad Day Kev and all
jdlax (26-Jun) : The Panthers- Canada's team
beast (26-Jun) : And the Hershey Bears for their AHL Championship 🏆 with tons of overtime games
Zero2Cool (25-Jun) : Sure getting lot of spam accounts lately.
Martha Careful (25-Jun) : Congratulations to the Florida Panthers in the NHL and U Tenn in the CWS on their championships
Zero2Cool (24-Jun) : He slammed Rodgers for not being married. And said he wants his QB settled down, not single.
wpr (24-Jun) : NOT
wpr (24-Jun) : This is such a relief. I have been so worried that Cowturd, I mean, herd would never approve of Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Colin Cowherd now approves of Jordan Love.
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Jordan Love has proposed to his girlfriend Ronika Stone
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

27-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

27-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24-Jun / Random Babble / earthquake

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jun / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.