Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Unfortunately, Thompson's therapist refused to discuss the relative size of Thompson's ego with me, citing doctor-patient privilege. So I guess it shall forever remain a mystery.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

What about me Warhawk that don't like him because i think he has an ego he wants this known as his team and wants all the praise that the success is all because of him not the players, he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

"dhazer" wrote:

You're comparing him to GM that won several championships in an attempt to bitch about him?

What GM does not want his OWN players and his OWN team?

Would you want to pick up where someone else left off on your job and then get fired for the shit work they did? No, you'd want to clean house and do it your way because its YOUR ass on the line.
UserPostedImage
HoustonMatt
15 years ago

Can anyone give me something that proves this ego talk?

"longtimefan" wrote:

That's easy.

1) Two offseasons ago, the Chargers offered LaDanian Tomlinson for a 7th round pick. Ted Thompson balked, stating "I'm F@^*ING TED THOMPSON! I don't need LT to win a Super Bowl. I'll win with MY guys."

2) At the age of seven, after breaking both of his arms, Ted Thompson went barefoot for 4 months because he was too prideful to let his mother tie his shoes.

3) Ted Thompson has never once asked for directions.

4) Ted Thompson says he is not married because he refuses to settle and he believes no woman is good enough for him.

5) Ted Thompson traded Brett Favre after he felt like he was snubbed by Wrangler in his audition.

NOTE: Above list may or may not be factual, however, there is as much evidence to support those claims as there is to support the claim that he has a larger than average ego.
blank
mi_keys
15 years ago
If Ted Thompson has such an ego, why does he ruthlessly cut his own players when they don't perform? In 2006 we drafted a kick and punt returner out of TCU named Cory Rodgers. He muffs a couple punts and is cut before the season starts. He cut Koren Robinson who has been his guy so many times through his career because he felt he could get more at the receiver position. Hell, he cut our punter Jon Ryan right before the season started because he didn't like the lack of consistency from him and Ryan was one of TT's players. Granted the last one was a blunder, but the point is he is not building a team simply to be "his" team. He kept former stars around like KGB and Franks to give them a chance to find their old form. Only after they established beyond a reasonable doubt that they were done were they released. As some one pointed out he keeps the core players here (see above for list) regardless of who drafted them or signed them from free agency. And he cuts whoever he doesn't think is performing, regardless of whether or not it's one of his players.
Born and bred a cheesehead
longtimefan
15 years ago
its only an ego cuz of him letting Brett walk

no other reason than that
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
I have no idea where this ego idea comes from. They guy just came in and did what he was hired to do.

I guess having a strong belief in a particular strategy, and sticking to it is a bad thing.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

What about me Warhawk that don't like him because i think he has an ego he wants this known as his team and wants all the praise that the success is all because of him not the players, he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You're comparing him to GM that won several championships in an attempt to bitch about him?

What GM does not want his OWN players and his OWN team?

Would you want to pick up where someone else left off on your job and then get fired for the shit work they did? No, you'd want to clean house and do it your way because its YOUR ass on the line.

"dhazer" wrote:

Exactly my point Zero lets clean house on a team that was consistently winning to go back to being a below average team. Since Ted took over we have missed the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years. Since Jerry dismantled the Bulls how many times have they been in the playoffs once maybe twice?

Btw i like how you make it look like i started this thread but thats fine i don't care i stand by my beliefs if they are right or wrong.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I just don't think this ego discussion proves anything. Does he have a big ego? Probably. You don't ascend to his position by being meek, mild, and under-confident. i don't see him having a bigger ego than any other GM in the league, or coach, or player for that matter. Does he want to have a legacy? Uh, yeah! But the NFL is very very fickle and to have a legacy you've got to last long enough to develop one. Getting rid of players that give you the best chance to win doesn't make sense at all. What that means is that he in fact did not get rid of the players that gave him the best chance to win. He trimmed the fat. something many GM's fail to do, and shortly thereafter are fired. Phil Savage is the first to come to mind at the moment. Thompson didn't ascend to his position by being stupid either.
UserPostedImage
dingus
15 years ago
I can think of at least one player who has a bigger ego than ted.
blank
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

I can think of at least one player who has a bigger ego than ted.

"dingus" wrote:

Are his initials Aaron Rodgers lol hahahhaha this thread is really a joke but hell i'll keep playing i don't mind. But a little side note for all of you praising him i don't want to hear no bitching about him after he don't sign any Free agents or he drafts a bust at #9 or trades down and finally if we have another bad season next year or will you guys blame that on MM?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
    Zero2Cool (3h) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
    Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
    Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
    Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
    bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
    Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
    Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
    buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
    hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
    Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
    Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
    Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
    wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
    bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
    Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    26m / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.