DoddPower
9 years ago

New England has done similar this season - yet nobody questioned them when they got back on track. Why should it be so different for the Pack? Granted they haven't faced a great top 5 talent since, but that is a stupid reason to write them off so abruptly.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

dhazer would never do such a thing!

mi_keys
9 years ago

Sorry RP but how quick do we forget about a few weeks ago on MNF and the embarrassment we had in New Orleans and then see how bad the Saints have been since doesn't make me feel any better. We beat up on the Bears and the Eagles with a backup qb. We will get a true test in 2 weeks against NE.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I remember. I remember it was Sunday night, not Monday. And that at the moment it's the anomaly in our last 7 games.

This is a good team and it's not unreasonable for people to be excited that this team could make a run.
Born and bred a cheesehead
dhazer
9 years ago
Don't get me wrong I am feeling really good about this team, but I am also trying to not get to high. Right now I believe we would be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC behind the Cards and Cowboys maybe. I think the Cards are the easy front runners with a solid offense and strong defense. I am still waiting for NE
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I think the Packers looked pretty good against the Saints until Rodgers got hurt. The Packers go as Aaron Rodgers go. Seems pretty simple to me.

The Packers defense will still be a liability against certain quarterbacks. Most defenses are. But if the Packers show up and play to their potential, they will be very difficult to beat. If they show up unprepared and fail to play to their ability, then of course they could be beaten. It's just a matter of preparation and execution, as always. But in theory the Packers stack up against any other team in NFL. I do think they might be slightly overrated as a result of the past two games, but they are still very good.

By the way, where has uddfa been? Do I have still have him on ignore or something?

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I guess it is real easy to forget The Packers went into the Saints game without Burnette, Shields and D. Jones.

Still halfway through the 3rd period the score was tied with the Packers driving to take the lead.

Like I said earlier, doesn't really matter about how The Packers WERE playing, it is how they ARE playing!!!

The Defense is better, The Offense is better, Special teams had a hiccup against The Eagles, but they have remained solid!!!

Anything can happen currently watching The no win Raiders outplay The Chiefs.

I'm just gonna sit back every Sunday and enjoy the ride!!!!

EDIT: Uffda got mad took his ball and went home.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Reignman
9 years ago
I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to get that feeling too. I don't see anyone in the NFC beating the Packers at this point. Your team is clicking in all phases of the game right now. And as a Viking fan, that makes it all the more painful to watch and think about xD. Yay, my most hated rival could win another championship. Just shoot me now.

Personally I think it's all going to come down to homefield advantage. If the Packers can somehow lock that down, then yeah I don't see who's going to stop em. And with all the other top teams dealing with big QB injuries, your odds are looking pretty good.

The AFC has some pretty good teams though so I'm not quite ready to hand them the Lombardi just yet. And obviously it's all contingent on Rodgers staying healthy.

If Green Bay has to go to Arizona, Detroit, or Dallas for a playoff game though, then I could see them stumbling.

But I can't wait to see you guys play New England in a couple weeks. Might be a Super Bowl preview.

And I'd like to think your final game vs Detroit could be for all the North marbles, but I fully expect the Lions to have their typical late season implosion and make that game mean little more than whether they'll be 1 and done from the 5th or 6th seed.
macbob
9 years ago

The other thing I have seen is that in the past few weeks, they have FINALLY gotten away from this silly run first crap, and let Aaron be Aaron - and by passing 'em crazy first, Eddie Lacy has benefited too with big holes to run through once Rodgers has shock and awed 'em into submission.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I'll give you that (pass first) for the Philadelphia game, but in the Bears game 4 of the first 7 plays were run plays. First half ended with 25 passes, 13 runs (At the end of the game: 32 passes, 32 runs).

Against the Eagles: first 6 plays were passes (ended in FG). First half had 24 passes, 7 runs. At the end of the game: 38 passes, 25 runs.

So, McCarthy appears to be still tailoring his game plan based on his evaluation of the opposing defense's weaknesses.
Fan Shout
wpr (22-Jun) : A Packer, Lion and Viking kicker were vying for a job. The bares kicker didn't even qualify.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Supposedly looked good up to this point in OTA's etc. "Monster Leg" mentioned.
dfosterf (21-Jun) : Packers picked up Lions reject kicker James Turner, the guy they cut to make room for Jake Bates
Mucky Tundra (20-Jun) : And Javon Bullard missing a tackle. Win some lose some apparently
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Madden 25 trailer opens with Justin Fields returning a kick off hahahaha
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Packers have released kicker Jack Podlesny.
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : I saw that today. I actually thought he passed away few years ago. 24 time All Star.
Martha Careful (19-Jun) : sad news tonight. Willie Mays passes away. He was the greatest of all time
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Around The NFL / wpr

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.