rabidgopher04
12 years ago

My point wasn't that the tickets get willed, my point is that many of those 'fans' that get the willed seats end up StubHubing/TicketMastering/CraigsListing them. Thus exposing the 'mystery' behind Green Bay's fabled 'great fanbase'.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

But there is always a demand for those tickets. It's not like people are having a hard time getting rid of Packers tickets. You fail to prove anything about the Packers fan base.

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Formo
12 years ago

But there is always a demand for those tickets. It's not like people are having a hard time getting rid of Packers tickets. You fail to prove anything about the Packers fan base.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

You missed the point. I'm completely aware there's a demand for the tickets. That wasn't the point I was making.

Foster said the fan base was such a great fan base because of the length of the time it would reportedly take to become a new season ticket holder. I just explained why that was. Thus, pointing out that the fan base isn't all that great.

At any time I can get tickets to a game in Lamblow, just like at any time you can get tickets to the Dump.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
DakotaT
12 years ago

You missed the point. I'm completely aware there's a demand for the tickets. That wasn't the point I was making.

Foster said the fan base was such a great fan base because of the length of the time it would reportedly take to become a new season ticket holder. I just explained why that was. Thus, pointing out that the fan base isn't all that great.

At any time I can get tickets to a game in Lamblow, just like at any time you can get tickets to the Dump.

Yeah but those scalped tickets at the dump have much smaller profit margins on them. Viking gear in Bismarck right now is marked down 70%. You can get tickets to Lambeau, but it'll cost you!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Any fan base that can consistently fill out the stadium during the 70's and 80's Packers season is clearly a great fan base. Your team can't even keep the stadium full for a full game unless they are winning. The more you try to argue this, the more ignorant you look. I understand you're a proud Vikings fan, but let it go. You have nothing to debate here. You guys signed Donovan McNabb, congrats, then cut him because he is what most thought he was ... done. For your teams sake, hopefully they get a good QB coach who can help Christian Ponder be something more than the last drafted Vikings QB's.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

The waiting list estimate for actually getting season tickets for the Packers is reportedly approaching a thousand years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season_ticket_waiting_lists 

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

This tells me one thing. Packer tickets are grossly underpriced. If the Packers had real shareholders, they should ask Murphy and the Exec Committee why they are leaving millions of dollars, probably tens of millions of dollars, on the table every year.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Formo
12 years ago

Any fan base that can consistently fill out the stadium during the 70's and 80's Packers season is clearly a great fan base. Your team can't even keep the stadium full for a full game unless they are winning. The more you try to argue this, the more ignorant you look. I understand you're a proud Vikings fan, but let it go. You have nothing to debate here. You guys signed Donovan McNabb, congrats, then cut him because he is what most thought he was ... done. For your teams sake, hopefully they get a good QB coach who can help Christian Ponder be something more than the last drafted Vikings QB's.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You were there in the 70s and 80s to actually SEE those seats filled up? Doubt it. I've seen photos during games of Lamblow and there were plenty of empties.

Stop pounding your chest about how great you guys are as a fan base and I'll let it go. At least when you brag about the Lombardi's, it's a legitimate topic.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

You were there in the 70s and 80s to actually SEE those seats filled up? Doubt it. I've seen photos during games of Lamblow and there were plenty of empties.

Stop pounding your chest about how great you guys are as a fan base and I'll let it go. At least when you brag about the Lombardi's, it's a legitimate topic.

Sorry, you lost me at "Lamblow", I'm not familiar with that stadium.

As for pounding chest, I'm not. I just stated the facts. Packers fans fill up a damn Family Night game, Pre-Season games and stay to the end, regardless of the score. Vikings fan bail as soon as they feel the game is over, regardless of how much clock is left. Sorry, that's a piss poor fan base. But I suppose you're gonna say that's because there's more to do in Minnesota than Wisconsin, cuz all Wisconsin has is Applebee's.

To be clear, I'm not saying I'm better than you because I root for the Packers and you root for the Vikings. I'm sure there are a lot of great Vikings fans out there who stay to the end. It's just the Packers have visibly a lot more.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

Sorry, you lost me at "Lamblow", I'm not familiar with that stadium.

As for pounding chest, I'm not. I just stated the facts. Packers fans fill up a damn Family Night game, Pre-Season games and stay to the end, regardless of the score. Vikings fan bail as soon as they feel the game is over, regardless of how much clock is left. Sorry, that's a piss poor fan base. But I suppose you're gonna say that's because there's more to do in Minnesota than Wisconsin, cuz all Wisconsin has is Applebee's.

To be clear, I'm not saying I'm better than you because I root for the Packers and you root for the Vikings. I'm sure there are a lot of great Vikings fans out there who stay to the end. It's just the Packers have visibly a lot more.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm with Zero here. All I know is from what I've watched on TV and I've been following the Packers since 1976. He's right.

It's like the Niners vs Raiders here. When the Niners had Joe & Steve, they'd pack the house and everyone and their Grandma proudly boasted their Niners jerseys. Nowadays, you'd think that there's only one Bay Area team - the Raiders. And the Niners are good this year, but so many fair weather fans have left that they're probably unaware that the Niners will make the Playoffs.

Now the Raiders on the other hand, they can be 3-13 or 13-3. Either way, you'll see Raider jerseys everywhere you look. The place will be packed and the fans will be loud.

Those are real fans. Niner fans? No. Of course, not denying the existence of real Niner fans. I'm just sayin' they're a minority.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dfosterf
12 years ago
My next door neighbor converted this weekend.

It takes some time, but I have a high percentage rate, lol

He's about 50, lifetime Eagles fan, season-ticket-holder until last year...

Packer fan now.

He hated the Vick signing, so he was already vulnerable to my (subtle-but constant) pitch.

NEXT!

lol

DakotaT
12 years ago

My next door neighbor converted this weekend.

It takes some time, but I have a high percentage rate, lol

He's about 50, lifetime Eagles fan, season-ticket-holder until last year...

Packer fan now.

He hated the Vick signing, so he was already vulnerable to my (subtle-but constant) pitch.

NEXT!

lol

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Gunny, speaking of Pennslyvanians, why do Steelers fans insist the NFL began in 1973 and not recognize the suckage that was their organization prior to 1973?

I'm enjoying the Formo beatdown by the way boys. I really don't need to add anything.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (1h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (1h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
57m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.