earthquake
13 years ago

This is not last years defense by far, we can't pressure a qb to save our ass and they will be using Hawk or Bishop to spy Newton

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

3 sacks, multiple pressures. Brees was hit early, and often. Lack of pressure was NOT the reason the Saint's put up so many yards and points, it was poor tackling, poor coverage, and Brees being a freaking-elite QB.

Its a bit silly to say what this defense can and can't do after one week.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

This is not last years defense by far, we can't pressure a qb to save our ass and they will be using Hawk or Bishop to spy Newton

I'm not going to disagree with this statement, but I do feel we should wait until at least four games into the season before making such statement.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
13 years ago
Hoping that I can sit back and relax for the ENTIRE game this time. With that early 14-0 lead last week, I started to enjoy my dinner and then almost lost it...

Personally, I am tired of hearing about Cam Newton. Had to listen to it during the longest off-season ever and last weeks performance and nut-hugging by the media doesn't help at all [puke]. He might one day be a good quarterback for Carolina, but some crazy things happened in the first week of this season (the Bears won).

Cam Newton will meet his maker this week, peering up at the sky and seeing a predator-like figure flexing and screaming over him...at least twice, maybe 3 times if Otah isn't playing.

Rodgers and Co. will be too quick for this defense to hang with. Hoping Mike McCarthy keeps the foot down on the gas the entire game.

Packers by 14+
UserPostedImage
Silentio
13 years ago

Personally, I am tired of hearing about Cam Newton.

Originally Posted by: G-Force 

This. Every time I’ve turned on ESPN (or ESPN2) in the last four days it’s been Newton’s face plastered all over everything, and everyone swinging from his nut sack. That is, until they turn to this week’s matchup against the Packers.

some crazy things happened in the first week of this season (the Bears won).

Some crazy things did happen, but I’m not sure the Bears winning was one of them. I was all ready for the Bears to be terrible this year (6-10), but I’m not so sure. It will be interesting to see them go up against the Saints this week.
blank
evad04
13 years ago

This. Every time I’ve turned on ESPN (or ESPN2) in the last four days it’s been Newton’s face plastered all over everything, and everyone swinging from his nut sack. That is, until they turn to this week’s matchup against the Packers.

Some crazy things did happen, but I’m not sure the Bears winning was one of them. I was all ready for the Bears to be terrible this year (6-10), but I’m not so sure. It will be interesting to see them go up against the Saints this week.

Originally Posted by: Silentio 

With you on both accounts. I also think:

a) The Cam Newton circle jerk is at least in part due his week one performance greatly exceeding the bar he set (lowered) with his preseason play. It's the media's fault for manufacturing the wave, or at least being reactionary. Nothing new. But basically Newton looked rough through most of his preseason games, with occasional flashes of athletic prowess and potential. That makes the 400+ yard outing against Carolina seem better than it was (and it was pretty damn good). I still think he'll have a tough time with Green Bay's defense, and I expect us to beat'em. But I'll also wager that at least a few times we'll shake our head and think, "Damn, this kid has some special talent."

b) With regard to the Bears, I think they're a good team. The win against Atlanta was impressive and shows what they're capable of when everything goes their way (not that they didn't earn it). They have a tough defense, their special teams always makes plays, and we have to remember that Cutler has another year in an intricate offense. Their o-line still blows and Cutler will probably still make enough dumbshit throws to keep him from elite status -- though physically he has elite "talent". Jermichael can tear that D up, though, so let's hope he can stay healthy. Finally, and I heard this from a Bears fan: Chicago was extremely healthy last year. They didn't battle the injury bug (or in Green Bay's case, plague). I don't know how equipped they are to deal the loss of starters. That means they may have to get lucky again. We'll see.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Silentio
13 years ago

With you on both accounts. I also think:

a) The Cam Newton circle jerk is at least in part due his week one performance greatly exceeding the bar he set (lowered) with his preseason play. It's the media's fault for manufacturing the wave, or at least being reactionary. Nothing new. But basically Newton looked rough through most of his preseason games, with occasional flashes of athletic prowess and potential. That makes the 400+ yard outing against Carolina seem better than it was (and it was pretty damn good). I still think he'll have a tough time with Green Bay's defense, and I expect us to beat'em. But I'll also wager that at least a few times we'll shake our head and think, "Damn, this kid has some special talent."

b) With regard to the Bears, I think they're a good team. The win against Atlanta was impressive and shows what they're capable of when everything goes their way (not that they didn't earn it). They have a tough defense, their special teams always makes plays, and we have to remember that Cutler has another year in an intricate offense. Their o-line still blows and Cutler will probably still make enough dumbshit throws to keep him from elite status -- though physically he has elite "talent". Jermichael can tear that D up, though, so let's hope he can stay healthy. Finally, and I heard this from a Bears fan: Chicago was extremely healthy last year. They didn't battle the injury bug (or in Green Bay's case, plague). I don't know how equipped they are to deal the loss of starters. That means they may have to get lucky again. We'll see.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

a) I don’t think the media attention on Newton is totally unjustified. The guy did have an incredible showing. I kept thinking that it would slow down but he just kept rolling. Pretty amazing stuff. The attention as such, that is. The volume of attention is ridiculous. Brady had a fucking unbelievable showing even for Brady. Or maybe not. Do people expect Brady to throw a million yards? Well, he better keep it up because the Pats' secondary sucks.

b) The Bears are a talented team. But you’re right, they had a lot fall into their laps last season (and in the ATL game). The Bears need to have a horseshoe shoved up their ass before the season starts to do anything worth noting. Their luck always seems to run out, though, doesn’t it.
blank
evad04
13 years ago

a) I don’t think the media attention on Newton is totally unjustified. The guy did have an incredible showing. I kept thinking that it would slow down but he just kept rolling. Pretty amazing stuff. The attention as such, that is. The volume of attention is ridiculous. Brady had a fucking unbelievable showing even for Brady. Or maybe not. Do people expect Brady to throw a million yards? Well, he better keep it up because the Pats' secondary sucks.

b) The Bears are a talented team. But you’re right, they had a lot fall into their laps last season (and in the ATL game). The Bears need to have a horseshoe shoved up their ass before the season starts to do anything worth noting. Their luck always seems to run out, though, doesn’t it.

Originally Posted by: Silentio 

Yes, it does ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

UserPostedImage

William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Hoping that I can sit back and relax for the ENTIRE game this time. With that early 14-0 lead last week, I started to enjoy my dinner and then almost lost it...

Personally, I am tired of hearing about Cam Newton. Had to listen to it during the longest off-season ever and last weeks performance and nut-hugging by the media doesn't help at all [puke]. He might one day be a good quarterback for Carolina, but some crazy things happened in the first week of this season (the Bears won).

Cam Newton will meet his maker this week, peering up at the sky and seeing a predator-like figure flexing and screaming over him...at least twice, maybe 3 times if Otah isn't playing.

Rodgers and Co. will be too quick for this defense to hang with. Hoping Mike McCarthy keeps the foot down on the gas the entire game.

Packers by 14+

Originally Posted by: G-Force 

I don't mind hearing about Cam Newton. After he throws 3 picks Sunday, you won't hear about him so much. I also think our D is going to get in his face early and often.

I said earlier 20+ points (well, Wade said it; I was just agreeing with Wade). I wanna bump that to 25+ points now.

We will score at will.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dhazer
13 years ago

I don't mind hearing about Cam Newton. After he throws 3 picks Sunday, you won't hear about him so much. I also think our D is going to get in his face early and often.

I said earlier 20+ points (well, Wade said it; I was just agreeing with Wade). I wanna bump that to 25+ points now.

We will score at will.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Hell I'll take that bet if your willing, I see Green Bay winning but not by a blowout. Like I brought up when was the last time we blew someone out besides the freak show in Atlanta when everything went right for us. How soon we forget the games from last year against a shitty Washington and Miami teams. I hate to say it but I don't think this team is as good as last years team. I think the 2 big losses of Jenkins and believe this Colledge will hurt us this year.

I say Packers by 9

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Hell I'll take that bet if your willing, I see Green Bay winning but not by a blowout. Like I brought up when was the last time we blew someone out besides the freak show in Atlanta when everything went right for us. How soon we forget the games from last year against a shitty Washington and Miami teams. I hate to say it but I don't think this team is as good as last years team. I think the 2 big losses of Jenkins and believe this Colledge will hurt us this year.

I say Packers by 9

The loss of Daryn Colledge is going to hurt more than most fans realize, been saying it since the day he signed with the Cardinals. Chad Clifton benefited from Colledge quite a bit.

No one's forgotten the games between the Redskins and Dolphins last year. Those games were played early in the season before the Packers got hot.

The Packers by 9 prediction I don't think is far off.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (19h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

47m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

51m / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.