Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
I came across a post in cyberspace (anonymously) that made me take pause.. think and ponder.. and conclude that it is missing at least one segment of the population.

Life is like driving the open road

I don’t know if “Life is a Highway”, but it is very much akin to driving the open road. You’ve got those that drive with reckless abandon and with no thought for the rules or for others; those who wanna drive 20 mph under the speed limit in the fast lane, trying to force everyone to succumb to their lowest common denominator way of living; and the vast majority who simply want to engage cruise control and get what they’re legally entitled to in life– no more, no less.

"anonymously" wrote:

My response accordingly with the missing element of society of today and our failings.

While I agree with the premise on the thought that most try to engage the cruise control and breeze through life just doing what is required of them and not much else I think you are missing a small but important segment of the living in your rant. And why that segment is shrinking..

The ones that actually drive progress, both personally and upon a society level, those that bend or push the rules of both society and personal comfort. The motivated.. the “salt” of society so to speak.

And this is where the rub comes in, today’s culture is set against this group; economically, spiritually and in all conscientiousness.

Matthew 5:13 ‘Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, werewith shall it be salted ‘

Hence, IMO, why we are seeing a shift to more and more of the cruise control types or those that have willingly or unwillingly lost control.

Society as a whole has much work to do, but those pulling the strings better realize soon that it is losing its “salt”.. albeit that may be by design by those that crave power and driven by greed.

"Pack93z" wrote:

In posting this response.. there are several minds here I hope to hear a response from upon the topic.. so here it is and we shall see if it invokes some dialog and thoughts.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
13 years ago
Yes the cruise control lane, the road most traveled especially here in America. This is an excellent road to take - you work your 40 hours a week - raise a family - go to church on Sundays and you conduct yourself as a respectible citizen and a pillar in your community - but are you righteous? Are you doing all you can to be what is expected of you from God?

I've been in and out of the cruise control lane all my life. Good and bad things happen to test you and it always seems like the bad stuff puts you on the road least traveled and gives you awareness about what this life really is about.

We as a family were put on the road least travelled last July, and I'm thankful for it now because my wife had no clue that road even existed. My challenge now is to stay the hell out of the cruise control lane, and also keep my family out of it. My challenge for the rest of my life is to give back, and I hope I'm up to it. The cruise control lane is very, very tempting though.

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago

Yes the cruise control lane, the road most traveled especially here in America. This is an excellent road to take - you work your 40 hours a week - raise a family - go to church on Sundays and you conduct yourself as a respectible citizen and a pillar in your community - but are you righteous? Are you doing all you can to be what is expected of you from God?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Sounds to me like the cruise control lane is the happy line. Ignorance is bliss. Yeah, the highs may not be that high, but the lows aren't that low, either. Less broken people. The half-hearted utopia Zombie hates so much.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Sounds to me like the cruise control lane is the happy line. Ignorance is bliss. Yeah, the highs may not be that high, but the lows aren't that low, either. Less broken people. The half-hearted utopia Zombie hates so much.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

That cruise control lane sees the same pair of boobs for 40 years then the guy dies.

Not my idea of a good life by any means.

My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
13 years ago

That cruise control lane sees the same pair of boobs for 40 years then the guy dies.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

You live in the land of plastic people, pick one. BTW, I hate you! It's a good thing I was once a really bad sinner and God blessed with a memory.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

You mean, the half-hearted zombie 'utopia' that we all hate so much.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Tezzy
13 years ago

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

That's what the internet is for, duh.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
13 years ago

Yes the cruise control lane, the road most traveled especially here in America. This is an excellent road to take - you work your 40 hours a week - raise a family - go to church on Sundays and you conduct yourself as a respectable citizen and a pillar in your community - but are you righteous? Are you doing all you can to be what is expected of you from God?

Maybe I am just jealous of the cruise control lane or really despise it upon principle alone.. can't tell for sure.

I have never been afforded the luxury of being in the cruise control lane as an option, life didn't have that in the cards for me.

All I know.. I don't think I could sit back and enjoy it even if I was afforded it. Blinders are too restricting. But that is an empty statement because I can't test it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
13 years ago

Maybe I am just jealous of the cruise control lane or really despise it upon principle alone.. can't tell for sure.

I have never been afforded the luxury of being in the cruise control lane as an option, life didn't have that in the cards for me.

All I know.. I don't think I could sit back and enjoy it even if I was afforded it. Blinders are too restricting. But that is an empty statement because I can't test it.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Why don't you project yourself to what you would have been able to do with your football career had you not ever been disabled? I'm quite certain you'd be enjoying the cruise control life - but you probably wouldn't be the extroadinary man you've become either. It seems to me we spend way too much time dwelling on these life hiccups and the negative, instead of embrassing the enlightment said hiccups provide.

Materiality is a lot of fun, but it's bullshit when it comes to discussing right and wrong and what God would think.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
13 years ago

Why don't you project yourself to what you would have been...

Why project a thought of a life that isn't tangible? Seems illogical... and defeating.

That question asked.. I contended in another thread that it is the rough of life the allows one to truly notice the fairways.

As for the cruise control lane.. the issue I have with it is why put yourself in a position that alter course if you need or want to? And would it not bore one after a time in the do not pass or do not stop lane?