go.pack.go.
13 years ago

If he was supposed to be the starting QB that would be one thing, but he's a backup. I don't think he's going anywhere.

"dhpackr" wrote:

I think the Packers will draft a QB with more talent in 2011 and he will be cut !

"rabidgopher04" wrote:

I seriously doubt it...
UserPostedImage
musccy
  • musccy
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

he won't be on the team long

"rabidgopher04" wrote:

If he was supposed to be the starting QB that would be one thing, but he's a backup. I don't think he's going anywhere.

"dhpackr" wrote:

In the other thread I (sort of) defended Flynn, but another thought that keeps creeping in my mind is that he couldn't lead an 8-4 squad over a 2-10 team. Back-up or not, that's pretty effing pathetic.
evad04
13 years ago

"dhpackr" wrote:

I think the Packers will draft a QB with more talent in 2011 and he will be cut !

"rabidgopher04" wrote:

Or maybe they'll draft a QB and run with three instead of just two. Either way, it's hard to imagine Flynn loses his job.

But he's your whipping boy for this loss, so proceed with blaming it on him.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

In the other thread I (sort of) defended Flynn, but another thought that keeps creeping in my mind is that he couldn't lead an 8-4 squad over a 2-10 team. Back-up or not, that's pretty effing pathetic.

"musccy" wrote:

The Lions are a very competitive 2-10 team; this isn't a downright terrible team we're talking about.

Frankly, Flynn had little help from his o-line. Back-up QB in, you want to at least be able to run the ball to open things up for your QB. They couldn't.

Flynn looked like a passable NFL back-up. He can throw deep, has some mobility, and has some pocket presence.

What bugs me though is that his deep throws seem to have an awful lot of air under the ball. Whereas Aaron seems to throw passes that don't have as big an arch on them, Flynn seems to throw big arch pattern on his deep ball.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Stevetarded
13 years ago
Sure Flynn can throw it deep the problem is the ball doesn't land near a receiver once it gets down there.
blank
go.pack.go.
13 years ago
Here's what I think: Green Bay fans (myself included, of course) are spoiled with having great QB's over the past 20 years.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
13 years ago
I didn't think his pocket presence was very good. On one of the sacks he took there was PLENTY of room for him to step up into the pocket negating the rush of the two outside ends. He didn't, and he took a sack. It was only one play, but it showed me horrible awareness. Rodger's does a nice job of stepping up in the pocket.
Greg C.
13 years ago

Flynn looked like a passable NFL back-up. He can throw deep, has some mobility, and has some pocket presence.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Agreed on the mobility and the pocket presence, but not on the ability to throw deep. And it wasn't just that he put a lot of air under the ball. He did not throw an accurate deep pass all day, and because of that he left three TDs on the field.

There's plenty of blame to go around--all of it on the offense--so I don't want to be too harsh on the backup QB who had to come into a game with no running game and not a lot of time to throw the ball. But the fact is that you need a pretty good QB to run this offense, and Flynn was not even close to being pretty good. Our backup QB situation is much more worrisome today than it was yesterday.
blank
musccy
  • musccy
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

The Lions are a very competitive 2-10 team; this isn't a downright terrible team we're talking about.

Frankly, Flynn had little help from his o-line. Back-up QB in, you want to at least be able to run the ball to open things up for your QB. They couldn't.

What bugs me though is that his deep throws seem to have an awful lot of air under the ball. Whereas Aaron seems to throw passes that don't have as big an arch on them, Flynn seems to throw big arch pattern on his deep ball.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I disagree...I wish he had MORE air under his throws. That was what led to incompletions on the 2 near-miss GJ TDs (non-challenge, 4th 'n 1).

I'm reluctant to say this play discredits him as a viable NFL backup. It seemed that many of his deficiencies were attributed to timing and inexperience.

But again, going back to my sophomoric analysis, if you're going to pay a QB to be on the active roster, you'd hope to hell he could beat the f'n 2-10 Lions, whether they're fairly competitive or not.
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

Agreed on the mobility and the pocket presence, but not on the ability to throw deep. And it wasn't just that he put a lot of air under the ball. He did not throw an accurate deep pass all day, and because of that he left three TDs on the field.

There's plenty of blame to go around--all of it on the offense--so I don't want to be too harsh on the backup QB who had to come into a game with no running game and not a lot of time to throw the ball. But the fact is that you need a pretty good QB to run this offense, and Flynn was not even close to being pretty good. Our backup QB situation is much more worrisome today than it was yesterday.

"Greg C." wrote:

I would have to disagree. He did complete one pass to Jennings for about 35 yards in the 4th when Jennings was covered by CB Houston on the Lions. He may have missed on a couple of deep balls (Driver along the sideline comes to mind, as does Jennings on 4th and 1 on final drive) but it's not like he overthrew them terribly. I'm assuming he doesn't get much reps with Driver / Jennings, so I think those off-throws are easily correctable if he can get more comfortable with his receivers and understand when to take a little something off the ball.

Still, I think as far as back-ups go, he is okay. Compared to the elite QB play we've had for almost 20 years, sure Flynn is lacking, but for a back-up he got the offense going on some drives and generally did okay - minus the horrendous INT. I don't think you can expect more from a back-up than that who had no running game and an O-line that was sub-par (and that is putting it nicely).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.