Week 2 
Week 3 
Week 4 + Season 
Week 5 
Week 6 
Week 7 
Week 8 + Season 
Week 9 

Cumulative Totals to be posted after Week 13.

Week 11 (@ Minnesota Vikings):

Wow that was one helluva game defensively with brilliant playcalls and outstanding execution. That front 7 played out of it's friggin mind this week applying pressure on Favre. I don't think he knew which way was up and which way was down after some of those early licks he took from Cullen and BJ. Dom called a great game yet again playing a good combination of man and zone behind it. Favre found some holes in our zones, but was unable to capitalize several times with pressure in his face. If our pressure does not get home this week, I think it's a completely different ball game.

UserPostedImage
My Coverage Player of the Week:
Week 1: Tramon Williams
Week 2: Sam Shields
Week 3: Nick Collins
Week 4: Charles Woodson
Week 5: Tramon Williams
Week 6: Nick Collins
Week 7: Nick Collins
Week 8: Charles Woodson
Week 9: Charles Woodson/Tramon Williams
Week 11: Tramon Williams

Tramon Williams only continues to get better each and every week. The numbers really do speak for themselves. Of the 5 times he was targeted, he came up with the only pass that didn't hit the ground in his direction. Listening to his locker room interview after the game, Williams attributes the pick to film study. He read the combination route the Vikings love to run with Shiancoe running the out route and the Z receiver running the slant behind him. Tramon quickly read the out route, his head turned once more to Favre, and as he saw the wind up, he made his break. He also applied the hit of the game to separate a pass.

Was I surprised at how often Sam Shields was assigned to Sidney Rice? Quite honestly, yes. The Packers don't generally play match-ups like that, so I'm sure the Vikings saw a weakness in Shields' game they wanted to exploit with Sidney Rice. He does give up the most yards per game of our trio of cornerbacks, so it's hard to fault the Vikings for trying to test the well. He allowed 56 yards on 3 completions and one other 20 yard completion over the top, in front of the safety in a 2-deep zone. Perfect pitch and catch, so I didn't discredit Shields for playing with an underneath shade. Still, he held his own and held tight coverage for much of the afternoon against the Vikings' best receiver, even if he was coming off injury. He was fractions of a second away from breaking up 2 of his 3 completions. I think he could be exploited for some big plays now and then, but the way he's playing the game right now (taking chances, trying to read routes, looking into the backfield) will help his game SO much in the near future. Basically, he's playing the way Charles and Tramon do and with experience, he could definitely jump up to their level in coverage.

Outside of Woodson's big strip and his typical tackles in the run game and outside of his assignment, Woodson was relatively quiet today. He allowed only 9 yards, a great day for any corner.

Our linebackers did a nice job of finishing plays in front of them, aside from an embarrassing missed tackle by Zombo. I'm sure heard about that one in the film meeting the next day. In fact, all of our linebackers do a great job of getting depth in their zone drops forcing Favre into making more difficult throws behind them and in front of the safeties.

Quick Cum. #'s:
Woodson: 22/44 (50%), 259 yards, 5.89 YPA, 2 TD, 2 INT, 64.5 QB Rating
Williams: 27/56 (48.2%), 262 yards, 4.68 YPA, 1 TD, 4 INT, 37.9 QB Rating
Shields: 15/24 (62.5%), 252 yards, 10.5 YPA, 2 TD, 1 INT, 108.3 QB Rating [url=Pro_News/aid=153.html]full article[/url].
blank
Greg C.
13 years ago
That hit by Tramon Williams was one of the biggest hits of the year by any Packer player--and he's just a little CB. The physical style of Woodson has definitely rubbed off on him.

I wonder if Capers put Shields on Rice because he thought Rice would not be up to speed. Rice played better than expected, so maybe that wasn't the right strategy, but still, Shields did not give up the big play. As Cliff Christl/Eric Baranczyk wrote, "Sam Shields gets fooled, but he doesn't get beat."
blank
Dulak
13 years ago

That hit by Tramon Williams was one of the biggest hits of the year by any Packer player--and he's just a little CB. The physical style of Woodson has definitely rubbed off on him.

I wonder if Capers put Shields on Rice because he thought Rice would not be up to speed. Rice played better than expected, so maybe that wasn't the right strategy, but still, Shields did not give up the big play. As Cliff Christl/Eric Baranczyk wrote, "Sam Shields gets fooled, but he doesn't get beat."

"Greg C." wrote:

still cant believe we have this rookie; fumble prown; ex hack wr as our starting corner ... the dude can play so hats off to him ...
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Heh. Can't argue with those stats. Williams was the only guy that the Vikings threw 2+ passes against that allowed nothing. And he got the lone INT.

That INT was a stupid move on Favre though. He looked like a rookie. Looked at the guy all the way. It was obvious he'd throw there. Great job by Williams to exploit it.

In defense of Shields though, Favre and Rice have a strong chemistry. He kept Rice out of the end zone. For me, that's a decent day.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago

Heh. Can't argue with those stats. Williams was the only guy that the Vikings threw 2+ passes against that allowed nothing. And he got the lone INT.

That INT was a stupid move on Favre though. He looked like a rookie. Looked at the guy all the way. It was obvious he'd throw there. Great job by Williams to exploit it.

In defense of Shields though, Favre and Rice have a strong chemistry. He kept Rice out of the end zone. For me, that's a decent day.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Oh definitely. Shields didn't have a "bad" day by any means. He received very little help and it was obvious Rice was still Favre's top target. As Greg C. quoted, "Sam Shields gets fooled, but he doesn't get beat." Absolutely love that quote because it's so true.
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (16m) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (16h) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (16h) : *without
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (16h) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (17h) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (17h) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (23h) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.