Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Women like to think they're in control, but need a man to be able to take control.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago
$200,000 is NOT a lot for retirement.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Lose argument, still have a chance at sex.
Win the argument, enjoy the couch.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

In my experience, it's just the opposite. Women want to look up to and trust their man. If she can beat you in an argument more often than not, why on earth should she trust you? But if she can count on you to be right more often than not, that's a big turnon.

Most of the guys who whine about not getting laid after getting married are the same guys who kow-tow to their wives and make it all about what their women want. Their wives have no respect for and thus no attraction to them.

Sometimes the quickest and most powerful way to turn a woman on is to tell her to shut the fuck up.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Women like to think they're in control, but need a man to be able to take control.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No, it's more that women will always buck for control to see if their man has what it takes to stand up to them -- but the moment men cede control to them, the game's over and the women lose respect for them. I learned this the hard way.

Women want a man who is in control but is not controlling. There's a difference.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago

No, it's more that women will always buck for control to see if their man has what it takes to stand up to them -- but the moment me cede control to them, the game's over and the women lose respect for them. I learned this the hard way.

Women want a man who is in control but is not controlling. There's a difference.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Well said.

In an unscientific study putting together my sexual experiences with all the guys I know, men who get walked on don't get laid.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

It takes a really big man to prove he is the boss.

"wpr" wrote:

Actually, it does. It's exhausting to maintain one's status as head of the household. If it was easy, every marriage would be happy and passionate instead of apathetic and boring.

We have been married 28 years so I must be doing something right.

"wpr" wrote:

Obviously, I know nothing about your marriage, but the length of marriage doesn't necessarily correlate with the quality of the relationship. My parents have been married for over 30 years, and my mother has despised my father for most of that time. I'm not sure she's ever actually liked that man.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

Sometimes the quickest and most powerful way to turn a woman on is to tell her to shut the fuck up.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
By the way, I got that line from an article written by a woman that was featured in a 2004 issue of Men's Health. I remember it well because I was in Iraq when I read it.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

It takes a really big man to prove he is the boss. ::roll: I tired of playing that game long ago. We have been married 28 years so I must be doing something right.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Does it? Spiderman's uncle said it best, "with great power comes great responsibility."

I am the authoritarian head of the house and my word is final. It's pretty fucking hard work as I'm responsible for everything.

Some husbands/fathers can abuse that power. Sure. I have, and regretted it not for the hurt feelings but because I have a conscience.

Do the right thing. Always. Even if it makes you unpopular.

One other thing of advice I give to couples is there's no such thing as equality. Equality is bullshit. Do what you're good at. Play to your strengths, cover up your weaknesses.

My wife is not responsible with money. I take her paycheck and my paycheck both and from both, I give her a weekly allowance. Her money is for her - it goes into her stocks and her savings. We're old school. I pay for 100% of the bills and her money is extra. If I didn't control her money, she'd buy stupid shit and fill up the house with it. If you think that's sexist, tough. It is what it is.

Speaking of sexist, I have a friend who is the opposite. She is responsible with money and her hubby's an idiot with money. He convinced her to invest HER money and it went from slightly over $1 million to $200,000. Now she can't retire. (Before anyone says "boo hoo, that's still a lot of money," $200k is a lot for Texas, but not a lot for San Francisco).

She should have been the money Nazi and should have taken his paycheck and controlled both their finances. In a couple situation, do what you're good at. The better chef should cook. The better cleaner should clean. The better driver should drive. The better accountant should manage the money. And the better leader should lead. Like I said, equality is bullshit. It doesn't work. Never has. Never will.

One more thing, women respect men who stand up for themselves. I've walked out on jobs where I wasn't treated well. Actually, twice in the past five years. Both times, I had nothing in the pipeline and it was scary, especially the last time as it was in the heart of the recession. Ironically, both times led to better opportunities.

It's easy to mock guys who get what they want. From my point of view, I roll my eyes to guys who don't stand up for themselves.

"wpr" wrote:

I have the final say in our house. I choose when to use it. I pay the bills. I give my wife an allowance.

This whole thing has gotten side tracked. You missed my point all together. I was not saying to run and hide and let your wife do whatever she wants every single time. I was saying that even when the husband is right she will have her feelings hurt and just to have harmony in the home the husband often times has to apologize even if he wasn't wrong. It is not kowtowing to her it is helping her to get beyond the moping stage.

I was thinking about this issue this morning. I like to get the steam out of the bathroom by letting the exhaust fan run with the door open. For some reason my wife thinks it will vent out quicker with the door closed. I got tired of trying to explain to her the increased square footage of air flow is greater coming through an open door than what seeps in from under the door. Long story short. I leave the door open. She leaves it shut. When I come along I open the door. When she comes along. She closes the door.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago
I finished reading the other posts nonstop. I can say we have married entirely different women so there is no reason to discuss this any more. You do what works for you and I do what works for me.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (16h) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (19h) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
11h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.