RashaanSalaami
13 years ago
Week 1 
Week 2 
Week 3 
Week 4 

Another near 50 attempt game. This is getting a bit ridiculous, but I guess it's all the easy underneath completions there for the taking. Actually, we didn't do a bad job underneath this week, granted we got some help from Donovan, but it's the longer balls that killed us today.

Cumulative Totals through the 1st quarter were posted last week which can be accessed by clicking Week 4's link.

Week 5 (@ Washington Redskins):

UserPostedImage
My Coverage Player of the Week:
Week 1: Tramon Williams
Week 2: Sam Shields
Week 3: Nick Collins
Week 4: Charles Woodson
Week 5: Tramon Williams

The numbers speak for themselves with Tramon and he had one helluva ball game again to retain the title as the Packers best defensive back this season. Any team would kill to have Charles Woodson as the team's 3rd best defensive back on the season and that's exactly how it has shaped out so far. We played a lot more zone this week it seemed than we have in the recent past, and nothing changed for Tramon. He was targeted 7 times and allowed only 2 completions. He did have his first penalty of the year, but also snagged his first pick and nearly brought tears to my eyes on the return. It looked like he was beat deep early in the game if McNabb could have just connected on the pass, but it was well overthrown. He also benefited from another drop. I also credited a catch to Tramon where he followed the inside receiver passing the outside guy to Peprah. Seemed like zone coverage where he should have switched off. Take that away and he allowed only 1 catch, a 13 yarder to Santana Moss, which in all honesty could have been on the safety. He played outside technique with safety help on the inside.

Also, in just a week of work, Peprah goes from not starting to having allowed the most receiving yards of any of our defensive backs. It wasn't a great showing from him, but it could have been even worse had he not made a couple nice tackles. He was also responsible for our 2 biggest pass plays allowed all year.

No marks against Bishop in coverage this week. Maybe he's one of the reasons we played a little more zone than usual (or so it seemed), but he wasn't a weakness today. The man is a sure tackler, which is really all you need in the types of zones our ILBs play. However, this team is still at its best when matched up in man coverage and with Bishop in the game, it would make for an easy match-up for teams with athletic tight ends. Maybe that's the Bishop impact even though the numbers don't really show it.

The 30 yard play on Poppinga was a short catch on the final drive of the 4th quarter where he missed the tackle, which tacks on another 20+.

Mike Neal becomes the 2nd DL to be "targeted" and damn does he look good. Keep dropping him into coverage because he looks like a linebacker. The commentators referred to him as that several times. The way he rushes the passer though...yeah he's a D-Lineman. I think you found a great one Ted!

With the way we're using Woodson, we're gonna be able to get a lot out of him. His wheels were hardly tested and he's not being used vertically very often. When he is, he's been pretty good, but keeping him in this role could extend his career. Yeah, he's been a lot more grabby than usual, but it's okay because he's not giving up too many yards and is still this team's best perimeter tackler. He has given up 20% of our passing first downs on the year (including penalties).

Pat Lee received his first extensive playing time and held up pretty well actually. He was made foolish on a post, biting for the corner fake, but also showed great restraint in not initiating contact on the pass to Santana Moss in the end zone. I still like Bush better because of the experience, but we may see more of a Pat Lee in the near future.

Nick Collins was quiet today meaning he was doing his job. He had that one great break-up toward the end of the game too. I'm still waiting for the pick though!
blank
Rockmolder
13 years ago
I'm so glad that we got Peprah back. The Falcons really did us a favor by cutting him from their roster, while they had a weak secondary, already.

Tramon gets some crap for the armbar, PI and illegal contact penalties he makes, but so far, he's been our best coverage guy. Better than Woodson. I really hope that we'll keep him around. Even if that means that we have to part ways with Harris next year, to keep the salary realistic at the CB position.

A shame that Nick Collins didn't get that interception. What an effort he made.

Lastly, the stats don't reflect it, but Poppinga did one hell of a job on one of the better TEs in the league in Cooley on one play. A shame that he got called for defensive holding, especially since there wasn't that much going on.
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Good to hear T Williams is really showing his value. If Harris comes back and he's anywhere near 100%, we'll have 3 solid CBs which is more than most NFL teams could say.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
TengoJuego
13 years ago
Referees have basically developed a Charles Woodson PI infraction called: He's too damn good! :)

I miss Al Harris. I love Tramon and Woodson, but I miss Harris. His "in your face" style of play would take away a lot of the attention the refs give to Woodson. Let him get away with his physical play.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I'm still not sure why we don't get this on the front page.

It's good stuff, for shizzle.
UserPostedImage
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago

I'm so glad that we got Peprah back. The Falcons really did us a favor by cutting him from their roster, while they had a weak secondary, already.

Tramon gets some crap for the armbar, PI and illegal contact penalties he makes, but so far, he's been our best coverage guy. Better than Woodson. I really hope that we'll keep him around. Even if that means that we have to part ways with Harris next year, to keep the salary realistic at the CB position.

Lastly, the stats don't reflect it, but Poppinga did one hell of a job on one of the better TEs in the league in Cooley on one play. A shame that he got called for defensive holding, especially since there wasn't that much going on.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I saw a lot more of Jones and Poppinga this week over Zombo (not sure if that was actually the case), but he did do a pretty nice job this week. Honestly I don't see a great skill set or instincts in Poppinga, but he's an example of what a positive attitude and experience can bring to a team. He had a very solid week for sure.

Peprah played decently, but I can't say it was a good week for him when he allowed more yards in 1 game then anyone else has the entire season combine (minus Woodson if you include his penalty yards). He's a sure tackler, which is nice, but I would have much preferred to see someone who does a little better in pass coverage. Truth be told, I still want to see Bush back there, but he doesn't really have great ball skills either.

Tramon is playing lights out!

Good to hear T Williams is really showing his value. If Harris comes back and he's anywhere near 100%, we'll have 3 solid CBs which is more than most NFL teams could say.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

For sure! I think Bigby's return will be every bit as important as Harris though.

Referees have basically developed a Charles Woodson PI infraction called: He's too damn good! :)

I miss Al Harris. I love Tramon and Woodson, but I miss Harris. His "in your face" style of play would take away a lot of the attention the refs give to Woodson. Let him get away with his physical play.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

That's an interesting take, but if Harris is back, I think it will be another big boost to the secondary. Our biggest weakness is still the linebackers in the hook zones, but given our starters of Hawk and Bishop, we can't really do any more man coverage even if we wanted to. We're gonna always have holes underneath and need to expect them to make solid tackles. As far as that goes, Bishop is our best linebacker at preventing yards after contact.
blank
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago

I'm still not sure why we don't get this on the front page.

It's good stuff, for shizzle.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

How would one go about doing that?
blank
Rockmolder
13 years ago

"chrisbozzonerocks" wrote:

I saw a lot more of Jones and Poppinga this week over Zombo (not sure if that was actually the case), but he did do a pretty nice job this week. Honestly I don't see a great skill set or instincts in Poppinga, but he's an example of what a positive attitude and experience can bring to a team. He had a very solid week for sure.

Peprah played decently, but I can't say it was a good week for him when he allowed more yards in 1 game then anyone else has the entire season combine (minus Woodson if you include his penalty yards). He's a sure tackler, which is nice, but I would have much preferred to see someone who does a little better in pass coverage. Truth be told, I still want to see Bush back there, but he doesn't really have great ball skills either.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I was trying to be sarcastic with the Peprah comments. He's still a very low end back-up safety. Someone who's very lucky that Ted Thompson drafted him. He wouldn't be in the league anymore, otherwise.

I'm not a fan of Poppinga, usually, but that play against Cooley just stood out to me.
RashaanSalaami
13 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"chrisbozzonerocks" wrote:

I was trying to be sarcastic with the Peprah comments. He's still a very low end back-up safety. Someone who's very lucky that Ted Thompson drafted him. He wouldn't be in the league anymore, otherwise.

I'm not a fan of Poppinga, usually, but that play against Cooley just stood out to me.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

LOL, I thought you were perhaps trying to be overly optimistic to which I was kindly trying to call you stupid. Yeah you're definitely right, but hey from listening to his locker room interview, he seemed very supportive of Morgan, which is always good to hear from your "competition". I can't wait to get Bigby back. Let's hope he's at worst the same type of player he was last year.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20h) : rude
Mucky Tundra (20h) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
37m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.